Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Need Help (Read 80458 times)
Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Need Help
Jun 11th, 2010 at 2:52am
Print Post Print Post  
I would really really really appreciate help on this matter.
I help run a lan party and have about 20 to 24 people that come to a lan party.
I am trying to figure out how to get the and avp2 server to run.

I am trying to host a ump2 server so far I have gotten it to run but it doesnt show up in the online list it does however show up in the lan list. But I want it to show up so we can play from home also. I would really appreciate it the help. There are surprisingly alot of people at the lan party that still support playing this game.

I searched around and found some other stuff in the forums did the things they said and I still didnt get it working.

also i have the 1.5.1 mod installed Questioning
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 2:58am by Wh1teReaper »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Need Help
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 2:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Right!

First of Welcome ! and nice to know a lot of people still play AvP2!

Anyway to help you with your problem,  what port are you using for the server (27888) ?

Also, do you run "Rommies" Server-side-application ?

And your server will show up in the lan list if you will just use lan games, it wont really show up in the "internet" list unless you let it,

Also, are you saying you host this server from home and you want to play it "From Home" or "when your somewhere else?"

Make sure your firewall settings are correct for AVP2serv.exe application and make sure you have 1.0.9.6 Update with the single player and multiplayer map updates and as far as im aware the server cannot hold a lot of maps (Where UMP2) has many, if you use rommie's server-side-application his mod lets you run 128 maps i think.  Wink

Try the server again with "Firewall" off  see if that helps and if it does then its your firewall causing the problem.

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 5:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
I dont use rommies server side application im not sure on how to use it.  I do use the master server thing from lithfaq.
And yes port 27888 has been port forwarded.  And yes it shows up in the lan list but not in the online list.  Yes I am trying to host from home.  Once I figure that out I am going to host it from the lan server which has a 50meg line.
I have the newest patch 1.0.9.6 with both single player and multiplayer map updates.  I have turned my firewall off and put my router into a dmz and it still didnt show up.

Im not really sure on how to use rommies server side application.  Either way alot of people at the lan party would like to play online from at the lan at and home.

I really appreciate the time and the help you are helping me with not many people do that these days.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wh1teReaper wrote on Jun 11th, 2010 at 5:54pm:
I dont use rommies server side application im not sure on how to use it.  I do use the master server thing from lithfaq.
And yes port 27888 has been port forwarded.  And yes it shows up in the lan list but not in the online list.  Yes I am trying to host from home.  Once I figure that out I am going to host it from the lan server which has a 50meg line.
I have the newest patch 1.0.9.6 with both single player and multiplayer map updates.  I have turned my firewall off and put my router into a dmz and it still didnt show up.

Im not really sure on how to use rommies server side application.  Either way alot of people at the lan party would like to play online from at the lan at and home.

I really appreciate the time and the help you are helping me with not many people do that these days.

Hmmm kk!!

Try a different port (of your choice) Also what exe are you trying to launch ? is it the normal AVP2 serv.exe? Also it is highly recommended to use rommies mod to fight against those cheating bastards that ruin AVP2 !!! when you load the server up do you get any error message!? have you fully configured the serverdata file? because it might take time for your server to appear on the gamespy list, because that is where we find our servers.

Make sure you have and use these methods

- AvP2 1.0.9.6 Update
- AvP2 Master server 1.5.1 Update
- AvP2 Single Player Update
- AvP2 Multi Map Update
- Use Dedicated Server Mode
- Check Firewall
- Use another Port

Also, please tell me what operating system you use ?

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:04pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
well from the lan center im at.  I am on windows xp pro.  But I am trying to get this to work on a windows server 2008

but from home im on win 7 64bit

it always shows up on the lan list but not on the online list ports are forwarded but still they show up in the lan list.
at home i forwarded my ports still no show.  Im wondering if i need an outside computer to see if its going to show up on the online list.  I could be wrong like i said i dont know anything :p
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:19pm by Wh1teReaper »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well, setting up an AVP2 server is rarther easy but gettimg them to work is a pain in the ass lol,

i still run my server time to time from a windows server 2003 machine via a Pentium 2 believe it or not lol.."

it wont matter if your on 32-bit or 64-bit the server application works under any windows operating system dating back to windows 95.

i think you would need to start again in setting up a server under "Rommies" mod, because i think your just launching the normal AvP2serve.exe application correct? my advice is to use rommies mod and read his read me in setting a server up!  check his mod first and let me know!!!

plus its safer to be using rommies mod against those cheaters out there.

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:22pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
point me in the right direction to rommies mod also i did have that savior mod or is it the lithfaq master server mod

honestly if i have to start from scratch i will everyone at the lan party not only wants to play at home they want to play at home.  Trust me when is say its hard to appease 24 people when they are itching to play.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
You keep saying 24 people, this make me wonder .. do you plan to have 24 people on one avp2 server? because its not wise max is 16, unless you plan to run more than one server correct?

Rommies mod is here

http://rommie.aliensvspredator.cz/

Download Version (5.0b 13)

my advice use the avp2serve app thats in rommies mod. Trust me its safer to have some security on a server.

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:28pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
so starting from scratch reinstalling avp2 what do I need to get this server to show up online and to run the ump2 mappack

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wh1teReaper wrote on Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:35pm:
so starting from scratch reinstalling avp2 what do I need to get this server to show up online and to run the ump2 mappack

no no no, you dont need to install avp2, (unless its damaged with files) lol..

Do you know about the "customrez" text file? place the UMP2 command line in there and you should get UMP2 working on your server.

also you need to set a few settings out on rommies mod to get the "Perfect" secure server! have a look in his file read some of the notes.

and create a brand new "Server Data" File

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2010 at 7:38pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
sorry to be such a noob but for some reason i cant get this to work i deeply apologize.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Right Well,

Try this

INSTALL AVP2 AGAIN (FRESH)
INSTALL AVP2 1.0.9.6
SP UPDATE
MP UPDATE
MASTER 1.5.1

(you can find those files in the avp2 master section) on this forum

Copy "ALL" of the files in rommies mod to your main AvP2 Directory,

Load up AVP2 choose Lan

(because you will just be setting your settings out first)

choose your server settings how many players what mode server name password protected? etc make sure its dedicated to (YES)

Then exit the game, find a folder called "Server Data" and make sure there is a text file there and check it, to see if its all your settings and finally click rommiesAvP2serve.exe and "Pray"

Hope this helps if it doesnt then i will try and help you again Smiley

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
okay it shows up in the lan list but not in the online list.  And i really do appreciate all the help thankyou very very much man

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
ok it shows up in "LAN", but you want it both on lan and internet correct ?

ok so STOP the server and re-start it again under "internet"

it might then show up on the main AVP2 server list (Worldwide) and possible LAN, because its running from your router correct?

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
well for some reason when its showing in the lan list and i try to join it it says multiplayer game unavailble and when i close the screen rommies server thing crashes.  And still a no go on it showing up on the online list.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print