Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Favorite Custom Map ? (AvP2) (Read 32746 times)
Kicksilver
Young Blooded

AVP2 Rules!!!

Re: Favorite Custom Map ? (AvP2)
Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
You didn't get it...

He was complaining because you were camping in vents and only using alt pistol fire.

I won't say a word mate, it your server, you do as you please.

IP Logged

Kal-L
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 8:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
^ None of the above is even true. I did not camp. You weren't even present for some of that exchange between me and the other guy anyway. And yet you decided to get involved in the dispute anyway...

And I guess you're going to gloss over all those times I collected your oversized praetorian's head after nailing you with the combi. And as for my use of the pistol which I won't deny I used...needs must, especially when your outnumbered by bugs.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2011 at 8:55pm by Kal-L »  

IP Logged

VIPER
Young Blooded

Reply #17 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Soon enough you'll playing all on your lonesome... seems your trigger happy, bit of grief never hurt anyone. Preds are always outnumbered by bugs  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:54pm by VIPER »  

IP Logged

Kal-L
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #18 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Kicksilver
Young Blooded

AVP2 Rules!!!

Reply #19 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 1:30am
Print Post Print Post  
Kal-L wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 8:53pm:
^ None of the above is even true. I did not camp. You weren't even present for some of that exchange between me and the other guy anyway. And yet you decided to get involved in the dispute anyway...

And I guess you're going to gloss over all those times I collected your oversized praetorian's head after nailing you with the combi. And as for my use of the pistol which I won't deny I used...needs must, especially when your outnumbered by bugs.

I'm not here to complain about your gaming style buddy.

You play however you want, I don't need to like it. You can use pistol as much as you like, or outnumber me 10 by 1, and I won't change my weapons... As I told you, I don't care about frags, only the hunt.

The only thing I didn't like was that you were collecting heads after non-melee frags... You hurt the  pred code there man.

My opinion is that you're making this too much of a deal... It was just a game lol. And again, its your server, your rules.

If I don't like/accept/agree, I will just avoid it, which is not the case... Unless you have a problem with me, becuse I don't have any with you.

IP Logged

Kal-L
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #20 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 5:07am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
The only thing I didn't like was that you were collecting heads after non-melee frags... You hurt the pred code there man.

This I found a bit obnoxious, tbh - surely everyone has their own variant on the "pred code"? I have my own set of rules and circumstances under which I should/shouldn't collect a trophy from a kill which I have adhered to and won't bother explaining in detail.

I've seen people that are so keen for trophies they'll lop off the heads of people I'VE killed. Which I found a bit odd.

Quote:
You can use pistol as much as you like, or outnumber me 10 by 1, and I won't change my weapons... As I told you, I don't care about frags, only the hunt.

And this...yeah I think I get your reasons for restricting what weapons you use, etc.

For me I get more joy out of using a broader range of tools to do the job, I can't imagine just sticking with one thing which sends message to the enemy "Ok I've going to use only a combistick and just run at you with it", that alone makes their job a lot less complicated. I care about the thrill of the hunt a bit like you - I just also care about not getting my butt kicked too badly. Can't go giving people those kinds of bragging rights now can I.

Do you remember when I killed three of you at the same time from far away on dm_alley? Now I couldn't have done anything like that with the combistick could I. A good pred has a few more tricks up his sleeve and is not just impressive melee prowess.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2011 at 5:13am by Kal-L »  

IP Logged

Kicksilver
Young Blooded

AVP2 Rules!!!

Reply #21 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Kal-L wrote on Oct 7th, 2011 at 5:07am:
This I found a bit obnoxious, tbh - surely everyone has their own variant on the "pred code"? I have my own set of rules and circumstances under which I should/shouldn't collect a trophy from a kill which I have adhered to and won't bother explaining in detail.

I've seen people that are so keen for trophies they'll lop off the heads of people I'VE killed. Which I found a bit odd.

This is horrible... I've always learned the melee way - you only take the heads of those you kill with your blades, or stick. But you can't expect newbs will do that, can you? As I told you, most people only play for frags, or to take a screenshot with many frags/heads. That surely will impress a lot of people...  Roll Eyes

Kal-L wrote on Oct 7th, 2011 at 5:07am:
And this...yeah I think I get your reasons for restricting what weapons you use, etc.

For me I get more joy out of using a broader range of tools to do the job, I can't imagine just sticking with one thing which sends message to the enemy "Ok I've going to use only a combistick and just run at you with it", that alone makes their job a lot less complicated. I care about the thrill of the hunt a bit like you - I just also care about not getting my butt kicked too badly. Can't go giving people those kinds of bragging rights now can I.

Do you remember when I killed three of you at the same time from far away on dm_alley? Now I couldn't have done anything like that with the combistick could I. A good pred has a few more tricks up his sleeve and is not just impressive melee prowess.

It's not a matter of restricting, but as pred I only have fun when using combi, or sometimes a lil bit of nets (when the sniper's apparently untouchable) and spear gun on predaliens, but mostly pure combi.

Again, I will stick to my combi, and I don't care about making it "easier" for the oponent, which doesn't quite happen, since I almost always get a better frag ratio than them, unless it's a hopeless map like leadworks, and the other person rapid fires and or is a good player. Preds have their limits too. Again, I don't care about scores, not anymore.

I 1x1'ed a friend some time ago, you must know him, he's usually playing under alias Mr Mojo Risin, and he's quite a talented sniper. We played in alesserfate, and the score was like 20-9 for him. In the end he said "respect for your melee, very nice movements". To me, that counts more than having 509520395 frags... Sniper in AVP2 is a real bitch, sometimes you can't beat it, but it sure was a great approach training.

Yes, I remember. As I told you, I can't have fun killing with pistol, or plasma, or whatever weapon other than combi and nets. I may frag less, but I enjoy the game much more.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Kicksilver
Young Blooded

AVP2 Rules!!!

Reply #22 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 6:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Btw: you banned me because of that?
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2011 at 6:22pm by Kicksilver »  
IP Logged

Kicksilver