Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Dedicated Linux Server Help (Read 6503 times)
Rct. Tsoul
Spawnkiller

USA Rules!!!

Dedicated Linux Server Help
Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Please give me a link to download the dedicated Linux server for AvP2, I want it to show up in the new master server list, so please give instructions for this as well.
If possible, please give source code for the Linux Dedicated Server so that I may compile a 64bit bionary...... this would rock.

I did have a dedicated Linux Server bionary back in the day but it was only 32bit.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Dedicated Linux Server Help
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there, the dedicated Linux server file doesn't work anymore the binary for it is to old, (it was meant for redhat 6 to 9)

what you need to do now is run the avp2server.exe with all it's folders/files via wine in the linux environment (just as good) that's what my server uses it's under a linux OS.

= SMOOTH

There isn't a source code for the 'Linux File'  was never released but the games actual source code was tho.

im sure you know how to manage wine.

Welcome!
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 3:55pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Rct. Tsoul
Spawnkiller

USA Rules!!!

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 5:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just need the source code for the server logic only, if I was to compile that to a 64bit Linux, I could then run 1000+ servers on 1 box.
Running wine only works if you have an Underlying Windows install, otherwise it would not be easy to do.

All in all, I want this for Linux as Linux does not have any limited client access and is free, if there is a modding source code download, this might help me to get a step closer, soon after I could then put out a console server logic only file that will compile under the GPL.
This would be solid and compile under Windows as well under MinGW Shell.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post Print Post  

IP Logged