Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) AvP2 on Windows 8.1 Help with mouse performance (Read 66864 times)
Hippox89
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: AvP2 on Windows 8.1 Help with mouse performance
Reply #15 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi guys, I'm new here. Anyhow, I was looking forward to playing this old gem at my upcoming LAN party, but this mice input oddity is really getting in the way.

I have tried lowering my mouse polling rate down to the suggested 125hz, which was confirmed by 'Mouse Movement Recorder' to be the case. However, this 'solution' doesn't really fix the issue. It might make the issue slightly better, I don't know. It still felt like awfully much zig-zagging just polling the mouse straight up and down trying to aim.

I also tried to inject raw mouse input into the active system process (lithtech.exe) with rinputv131seq, but it had no effect.

Anyways, this was done on W7, but I actually have a duel boot system with W7+W8, so I'll test W8 out later today, and I'll try to apply that mentioned Windows update and manual regedit fix to the game.

But even if I can get it to work properly in W8 then not all people at my LAN is going to be running W8, so it seems pretty bleak for AvP2 this time around. I guess I can only hope that the game will see a release on gog.com with this issue being fixed, but that's probably unlikely, too.

IP Logged

Hippox89
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 2:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Dark Soul wrote on Apr 9th, 2014 at 1:41am:
CheesySuccess men success!Cheesy

Finally I could solve this damn problem!
Thanks to what TBBC said about DPI and Polling Rates, i kept looking related issues and finally hit with an article related exactly to the problem i was experiencing.
First i directly downloaded the update for 64bit, but then i ran into a new error: "Your system don't support this upgrade",
and i thought "I'm screwed..." Cry but kept researching details on the Microsoft website where i found the module "Fix it" for that problem, ran it and it worked like a charm. Grin
I left here the links to the various related sites hoping that if someone else has the same problem in the future (which very likely by the recent situation of no more support for windows xp)
can solve it and still enjoy great titles like Aliens vs Predator 2 and Primal Hunt. Cool

The article that describes an overview of the problem:
http://www.howtogeek.com/175722/

The Microsoft page for the issue itself:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

Direct link to the Microsoft Fix it module for add the route to a specific game (.exe) to get the fix (exception):
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9844530

Thank you guys (x-M-x & TBBC), with your suggestions and ideas i was able to solve the problem. Cheesy

I'm not sure that I can follow exactly you did in Windows 8 to get it to work. This is my experience so far on W8 >

Windows 8 does not only have the same mouse issue playing AvP2 that W7 has, it has it worse. That is, there's two separate issues relating to mouse performance in AvP2 on W8. The mouse not only zip-zags, it also stutters and jumps.

What I tired to do to fix it.

1. Installing the 'KB2908279' update. But I got the 'Your Windows is not applicable...'.
2. I ran 'Gamemouse.diagcab' and applied the 'fix' to both 'lithtech.exe' and 'AVP2.exe', and then I restarted my PC as the program said I had to do.

Trying this out didn't result in any of the two mentioned issues on my W8 boot to go away, unfortunately. So, what did I do wrong?

Also, another oddity with W8 is that the game obviously runs a lot slower (at least on my PC, and yes, the correct adapter is selected in the launcher). I don't know why this is the case, though.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2014 at 2:35pm by Hippox89 »  

IP Logged

RazK
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:04am
Print Post Print Post  
howdy, pretty sure ive had this issue before... however i havent played in years and cant remember a solution.

when i try to move the mouse in any direction the view automatically goes to the ground and spins 360 degrees rapidly. adjusted dpi way down, tried different display settings, nothing works. any ideas?
laptop asus x55lab intel core i7-5500u mouse :some cheap gaming usb mouse
os win10 64
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:46am by RazK »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #18 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 2:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
RazK wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:04am:
howdy, pretty sure ive had this issue before... however i havent played in years and cant remember a solution.

when i try to move the mouse in any direction the view automatically goes to the ground and spins 360 degrees rapidly. adjusted dpi way down, tried different display settings, nothing works. any ideas?
laptop asus x55lab intel core i7-5500u mouse :some cheap gaming usb mouse
os win10 64

Hello,

Depending on the mouse you have, put the polling rate on 125.

And let us know.

IP Logged

RazK
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #19 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
ended up getting it by going into the autoexec and putting the sensitivity on 0.000.
apparently it was sky high in there even hough i had already reduced it in the game

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #20 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Good Job dude.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #21 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:37am
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:59pm:
Good Job dude.

I am sure this guy will be happy to use
his new mause multiplayer.
looks bad xmx
I wonder when you gave up

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #22 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:37am:
x-M-x wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:59pm:
Good Job dude.

I am sure this guy will be happy to use
his new mause multiplayer.
looks bad xmx
I wonder when you gave up

Give up on what exactly? lol if you're talking about a certain online patch, we don't support it and you know why.

IP Logged

inziggidy
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #23 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:35am
Print Post Print Post  
Just go back to bed, Lucifer.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:36am by inziggidy »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #24 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 6:54am
Print Post Print Post  
inziggidy wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:35am:
Just go back to bed, Lucifer.

Lucifer say: zzz

Lucifer back to sleep in his hell
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 7:11am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

YetiYutani
Spawnkiller

Batman Vs. Predator

Reply #25 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 7:34am
Print Post Print Post  

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2017 at 7:58am by YetiYutani »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print