Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Testers wanted (Read 31575 times)
Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Testers wanted
Dec 24th, 2014 at 11:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Testers wanted for sUk Hadleys Hope overrun, evac and survivor modes. If anyone could host a decent dedicated with the map that would really help  Wink

Screen shots!
http://imgur.com/a/aCcsN

Download!
HERE!

All feedback appreciated, Read me follows!

============  sUK-Hadleys Release candidate  ==============
          Map By: [sUk] Imp Hunter

After a recent return to avp2 i had a few requests to finish my preview of hadleys hope released in the sUk Pack some 4 years ago.

While i cannot devote the time to recreate hadleys in its entirety i did seal the preview with a shell to greatly improve fps and placed some balance tweaks. This is beta test 4 aiming at identifying performance and balance issues with the map, most major bugs *should* have been taken care of but if you find one please email me!

=====================================================

Installation:
Find your avp2 folder (Usually C:\Progamme Files\Fox\Aliens Vs Predator 2 for example). Paste sUk-HadleysB4.rez into this folder (it should be in the same folder as AVP2.exe)

Game Modes:
Survivor, Overrun, Evac, TeamDM (TDM as test, spawn points not balanced for it).

Test focus:
Game flow, balance and map performance.

Contact feedback:
theimphunter@gmail.com

To do list:
Release the fucking map

Simply play the map and enjoy, it is currently setup and fully playable in the above listed game modes. Take note of places where fps drops, player progress is stopped (cant reach x because y) or map balance (x race has it too easy / hard because y). Any feedback, requests or suggestion please email me at theimphunter@gmail.com

=====================================================

Game Flow:

Aliens:

At alien spawn move directly forward and claw to break the baricade with the torchable lock, this will allow you to progress to outside the command center, alternatively use the crawl space below the main corridor to advance, there are panels you can tear through at various locations.

Once outside the command center either claw at the doors to burst in or explore the other rooms to find the vent access to the command center roof, there are panels that can be teared in the roof space allowing you to get down. Proceed through the rooms trying to murder the humans. In Evac prevent the humans from reaching the lift. Almost every door can be broken in the map with the exception of the door beside the corridor barricade.

*** Cutting the power ***
In the crawl space below the main corridor is a grate leading to a power box, claw your way in.

**** IMPORTANT NOTE (Evac only) ****

If the humans are allowed to enter the vents and succeed in hacking the panel at the end the evac lift will open allowing the humans to escape!

Human:

You spawn in the command center, the main doors can be welded shut this will double their HP. You must be quick however and the weld can be done by more than one person. Rush barricade in the corridor and pick up one of the torches, now start at either the top or bottom of the middle of the door (you can start at the top and friend at the bottom meet in the middle for a fast weld, can also be done solo). The reason you must leave the command center and move toward the alien spawn for torches is to give the alien in overrun a chance to get a few more on their side. The command center doors also have a delay on them once triggered of 15 seconds before they can be triggered again.

The command center will be difficult for aliens to move through, there are various objects placed to hault alien pounce and quick movement, larger aliens like the praetorian and predalien will struggle to move in the command center. If you are getting overwhelmed retreat to the small back room, you must cut the lock to open the door (currently 10 second cut time). Once cut and in the small room you can either go into the vents or into the medilab. The doors that connect the command center and medilab can be weld shut to reinforce them, this will double their HP.

Vents:

The only route to the evac zone, move through the vents to access the corridors, move to the lift for evac. The vents are also a good place to stage a last stand in Overrun or Survivor however there are lots or corners, there are no long line of sight areas in the vents. A hackable Panel will appear at the end of the vents, hack this panel to open the minigun container in the medlab and to open the evac lift for escape.

Medilab:

Well stocked with ammo, health, weapons and armor an excellent last stand in Overrun or Surviver. In evac this is a good place to gear up but moving to Evac will be Key. There is a minigun container that can be opened by hacking a panel in the vents.

To test the reset of events in the map, walk into the green light in the command centre, this will trigger the resets.

This trigger will not be player active in the full release and is simply there to help test the map.

Try all different combinations of welded, shut, destroyed etc on the doors and object then run a reset. Priority should be giving to doors that manage to turn invincible, please contact me ASAP if you find anything like this!
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:34am by Imp Hunter »  

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Re: Testers wanted
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Welcome back!

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 10:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks and good to see you still kicking around Kenny Wink

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2014 at 10:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Interesting, (i thought you bolted..)

And how come you have a second account? if you ever had problems just email me and i'll fix your account.

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post Print Post  
Good to see you still around Mandalore Smiley

I forgot the password to my old account...and lost the email attached to it Tongue

Beta 3 currently uploaded (same download as above) Greatly increased FPS, new features (cut power but tearing / destroying box on corridor wall left of operations doors)

Give it a whirl and let me know of any bugs or suggestions!

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:27am
Print Post Print Post  
welcome back!
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:27am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Defo!  Cool

IP Logged

Legend
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Earlier I saw you playing a new map called Suk-Laststand? Is there a download link for that map yet?

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post Print Post  
No doubt he's working on it. lol

Patience young one.

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #9 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Beta Version 4 is up! Same download as above! ReadMe above updated!

Changes:
  • Greatly culled poly count of the map, in Beta 1 we started at 30,000 poly now currently in Beta 4 we are down to 18,400 poly.
  • Balance tweaks (open time, Door HP, blockers in command center breakable ceiling to stop humans getting up)
  • Prop culling, server admins rejoice! Old prop count 130, current prop count 74. I culled the more unnoticed ones and managed to replace some with static world geometry. I feel there are more that could be taken out but the world may start to look a bit bare.
  • Alien spawn hive added.
  • Drop ship blocking alien spawn in Evac added.
  • Random ambient sounds added. Feel dat atmosphere.
  • Random motion tracker signals added, was that a false positive or an actual alien? Your screams will tell us one way or another. These are set to a random timer with a large range so they wont become predictable. This alien sided advantage will eventually have its own activation requirement (find and tear some panel or something), for the moment its active as default.
  • Random percentage chance on power cut of short stock music playing 95% of the time and 5% chance of the long epic music playing.

Legend wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 10:16pm:
Earlier I saw you playing a new map called Suk-Laststand? Is there a download link for that map yet?

sUk-Laststand is a god awful map i created long long ago. It was meant to be a simple coop map but was never finished. You can find it in the sUk-HadleysHopeB4 listed under team deathmatch. Think of it as an added bonus for fun Tongue

Load the map and enter, survive the first room until the praetorian bursts through the door, cut the lock at the end of the corridor and advance.

Its pretty hard and ai in multiplayer take one hell of a beating, aim for the legs and arms or use flamers or melee (predators) to really cut them down. Area of effect weapons like grenades will murder them too. Its a coop map so bring some friends for top lels.

I cant stress enough how badly this map is built but game play wise with friends its actually quite fun!

*** Note ****

You may be warned about getting banned while playing sUk-LastStand, ignore this. It is simply the game counting up your accuracy and dps vs the massive horde of ai aliens, you will not be banned.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2015 at 10:41pm by Imp Hunter »  

IP Logged

Legend
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #10 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yeah i tried that map and it took more than 100 bullets to kill Ai hordes. Its ridculous.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #11 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Legend wrote on Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:21pm:
Yeah i tried that map and it took more than 100 bullets to kill Ai hordes. Its ridculous.

But... you're a 'Legend' - shouldn't be a problem for you.  Wink lol

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
hey hunter i see you have host a server this afternoon possible?

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #13 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 3:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Depends... if you have the latest version of his map?

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #14 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 3:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 2:59pm:
hey hunter i see you have host a server this afternoon possible?

Hey Lucifer,

Any version of sUk-HadleysHope that is named for example sUk-HadleysHopeB4-7 is just internal testing. Sometimes i need to push things to multiplayer for testing to work out right and to make sure servers don't crash / explode when running the map.

The map is very close to release, currently i am working on the Evac / overrun resets for doors and other events at the end of a round. All geometry and lighting is complete.

If all goes well the Release Candidate will be uploaded tonight, after a few days of feedback and bug testing the map will go into full release.

As a side note i've manage to further reduce the poly count of the map from 18,000 down to 13,000.

Acid should be bathing in FPS at this stage as well as the above huge ass reduction in poly i've also tightening up the visibility of the map meaning your client will render less at the one time.

In testing i've hit 550 fps max with a 150 fps min. Keep in mind that is in single player where fps is uncapped, in Multiplayer FPS is capped at 150 i believe. These score also did not take into consideration flashlight, muzzle light and other players / action happening. Just walking through the map. However with that said the fps should be all round great now.

***Edit***

Who do i speak to about the possibility of having this bundled into master server patch 2.1?
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2015 at 4:00pm by Imp Hunter »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print