Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Servers Gone? (Read 57832 times)
Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Re: Servers Gone?
Reply #60 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:23am
Print Post Print Post  
(dear mr x) This is not a criticism .
We are grateful for the work you've done. for avp2 client connector , ms 2.0 and phms 1.0.0
I fully agree to be able players to choose whether to connect  from the game directly  or use a connector to get into it.

said this:
during the attack doos and showed a big security hole in the interior of the chat client AVP2 connector. chat irc has always had this kind of problem.

AVP2 client connector in addition also has another problem during the installation phase.(I allude to the beta)
sometimes new antiviruss can find in the interior of the script irc a threat and finish the installation of ms abnormally.

I wonder why not take a step back and rethink.
russian connector in win 7 64bit

copyright:
1) EasyUDP 1.3 by Emmanuel Charette
2) JEDI-VCL 3.4
3) REZ plugin for FAR Manager by Dennis Trachuk
4) UnRar Delphi component by Dirk Frischalowski
5) UnRar library
6) Zlib library
7) gslist
8) epiktimer

Russianconnector is limited because dont  have  chat inside being the most simple is less vulnerable
russian connector in windows 8 run compatibily mode for 7
alow windows firewall access and fix some inusues.

what do you think to use teamspeak as chat?
some servers have already a team speak for exemple sg2 ave a pubblic ts3 server

it would be possible to contact the creators Russians and ask him to unify things.

it would be possible to release an update (MS 2.0 rev a) that will remove older versions of AVP2 connector (0.4.5 & 0.4.7) and add the connector Russian (asking their permission for update list and unify)
it would be possible to release a patch similar for primal (ms 1.0.0 rev a) hunt remove the connector beta and allows you to view the server to the inside of the game?

1 its a good idea?
2 its possible to make?
3 someone who speaks Russian and can help us to talk with the Russians?

p.s
sorry for my bad English.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:24am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #61 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
Website and forum are back. The master server will be transferred later.

Lucifer wrote on Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:23am:
during the attack doos and showed a big security hole in the interior of the chat client AVP2 connector. chat irc has always had this kind of problem.

What security hole? I thought I clearly said this problem was not the result of an attack Tongue. Where are you getting your information from? IRC is an open internet standard that in no way makes the server more susceptible to DDoS attacks. There currently are no known security holes in the program. If you happen to find any, let me know and I'll patch them.

AVP2 client connector in addition also has another problem during the installation phase.(I allude to the beta)
sometimes new antiviruss can find in the interior of the script irc a threat and finish the installation of ms abnormally.

This IRC client was written from scratch. Your antivirus shouldn't be able to identify it as an "IRC script", especially during an installation. Are you sure you are being completely sincere?

what do you think to use teamspeak as chat?
some servers have already a team speak for exemple sg2 ave a pubblic ts3 server

TeamSpeak is proprietary software.

it would be possible to contact the creators Russians and ask him to unify things.

Unify what? They are two different programs for different purposes. The Russian program has a static list. They use it for their community and most likely aren't interested in unifying that with ours. What if I tell you that the minor (mostly ineffective) attacks we did have happened to originate from exactly that community?

it would be possible to release an update (MS 2.0 rev a) that will remove older versions of AVP2 connector (0.4.5 & 0.4.7) and add the connector Russian (asking their permission for update list and unify)

No. Certain members of the Russian Bears community see ours rather dead than alive.

it would be possible to release a patch similar for primal (ms 1.0.0 rev a) hunt remove the connector beta and allows you to view the server to the inside of the game?

The code is free for anyone to edit. Take a look at cshell.dll in AVP2DLL.rez.

1 its a god idea? No.
2 its possible to make? Unlikely.
3 someone who speaks Russian and can help us to talk with the Russians? Irrelevant Tongue.

Also, try to post less images. It makes your posts look cluttered and unintelligible.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #62 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:37am
Print Post Print Post  
I was trying to find a solution for a client more secure /safer and more compatible with new operating systems.
and i try find a way to make the community more compact
I like to chat AVP2 client and has been very helpful to provide help to people who wanted to connect.
I just wondered how to evolve for the better.
i use image because i have a bad english.
Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:11am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

LadyDron
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #63 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
      Lucifer, your idea to remove chat,  to use  other program connector and to use other program for chat  - really bad.
*( It is very inconvenient to have two programs for a chat and for connect.)

I very like client chat TBBC. Client chat TBBC - this is best, that  there is now.

Lucifer, I am confident, that in the future you will be to have a new good ideas  Smiley
*(But thank you, Lucifer, that you are trying to promote and for improve AVP2).
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:11pm by LadyDron »  

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #64 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 8:31am
Print Post Print Post  
The master and chat servers are switched back. Update your client at www.tbbcbase.net if you can't connect to the chat server.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print