Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Client MFC Application has stopped working. (Read 18349 times)
GhostlyDonut5
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Client MFC Application has stopped working.
Jan 25th, 2015 at 1:53am
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry, I didn't see the tech support section. I have this topic on the AvP section of the forum, feel free to delete it since it's in the wrong place. I feel like we should pin this as an Important Topic since this seems to be a big problem. I recently installed and updated to 1.0.9.6 and I'm still getting this message the moment I insert the disk and press play. Has anyone figured out how to fix this. I also saw the other MFC problem on this forum and tried the changing the compatibility mode to Vista SP1 and running as Administrator. That also didn't work. I also went online and couldn't find anything helpful. I've tried everything I could, uninstalled, and reinstalled. Nothing has been working, even going to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) tab and putting those on the list. I've even changed firewall permissions and disabled my Antivirus. Is there any other way to fix this?
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:04am by GhostlyDonut5 »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Re: Client MFC Application has stopped working.
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 3:39am
Print Post Print Post  
GhostlyDonut5 wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 1:53am:
Sorry, I didn't see the tech support section. I have this topic on the AvP section of the forum, feel free to delete it since it's in the wrong place. I feel like we should pin this as an Important Topic since this seems to be a big problem. I recently installed and updated to 1.0.9.6 and I'm still getting this message the moment I insert the disk and press play. Has anyone figured out how to fix this. I also saw the other MFC problem on this forum and tried the changing the compatibility mode to Vista SP1 and running as Administrator. That also didn't work. I also went online and couldn't find anything helpful. I've tried everything I could, uninstalled, and reinstalled. Nothing has been working, even going to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) tab and putting those on the list. I've even changed firewall permissions and disabled my Antivirus. Is there any other way to fix this?

I removed the other thread; no worries.

As for your error, I have had the error in the past. Usually a reinstall fixes it, but you said you did that. Maybe something was left over during the uninstall?

Also when you start up the launcher, check that your display settings are using the right resolution and video card.

You could also try changing compatibility to windows XP as this game was made to work for it.

According to http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_2:
"If it says something about "MFC Application Client" - Check the Windows Event Log for the application error - if it refers to a \system32\HID.DLL then you're probably using a gaming-keyboard or similar, try disabling the HIDs related to your gaming-peripherals."

Just a suggestion, but why not use a no cd crack/exe. Not that the exe is the problem, but it will save you the hassle of having to get the disc every time.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Perhaps someone else can help. Tongue

IP Logged

GhostlyDonut5
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:25am
Print Post Print Post  
I got it working. It was a compatibility error, except instead of working with XP or Vista I had to set it to Windows 98. I'm so happy I got it working since my girlfriend just bought it for me. This is one of my favorite games and I'm looking forward to playing online.

Might I suggest making an important topic that goes at the top of the Tech Support topic which throws out all of the different ways to fix the MFC Application error? It seems to be a common problem.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:26am by GhostlyDonut5 »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:41am
Print Post Print Post  
GhostlyDonut5 wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:25am:
I got it working. It was a compatibility error, except instead of working with XP or Vista I had to set it to Windows 98.

Awesome!

I'm so happy I got it working since my girlfriend just bought it for me.

Girlfriend bought you AvP2? Marry her. Wink

Might I suggest making an important topic that goes at the top of the Tech Support topic which throws out all of the different ways to fix the MFC Application error? It seems to be a common problem.

Yup, I'll do it. Thanks for the suggestion!

IP Logged

Corax
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 5:18am
Print Post Print Post  

haha I agree with that Kingkenny  Grin

IP Logged

GhostlyDonut5
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 12:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Unfortunately with the upgrade to Windows 10 I have been having issues with this again. Changing compatibility no longer works. Is there some sort of problem with Windows 10 (and should I switch to Windows 7 because of this?) or is there a fix? I checked the post on this forum for this and it didn't help Sad

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post Print Post  
Corax wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 5:18am:

haha I agree with that Kingkenny  Grin

Corax Video XD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgSdbbUJcDY

GhostlyDonut5 wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 12:31pm:
Unfortunately with the upgrade to Windows 10 I have been having issues with this again. Changing compatibility no longer works. Is there some sort of problem with Windows 10 (and should I switch to Windows 7 because of this?) or is there a fix? I checked the post on this forum for this and it didn't help Sad

I advise a rollback better 7 for now
usually AVP2 should work on win 10.
but I met a guy who could not play primal hunt, He refuses to start.
You've put curiosity. if I have some time I create a partition for Win 10 only for testing
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2015 at 3:08pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 6:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
AvP2 works fine without any issues on Windows 10.

This Client MFC error can happen on any windows OS.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post Print Post  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged