Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic First person free fly cam (Read 6329 times)
Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

First person free fly cam
Mar 8th, 2015 at 9:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Almost everybody played Counter Strike.One interesting feature in that game is when you die you can switch to first person view of other player eg.first person chase cam or something.Now I am asking can avp2 game(engine) handle that feature because it would be great to watch some of the best players how are they doing great job.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Re: First person free fly cam
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
I believe so. It would have to be written into the game's code though. So it would be a mod obviously. It might be best to get someone like the guys working on the AJL or Lab mods to try and implement that.

I'm sure you're aware of the current free fly cam in multiplayer. But you have to actually move the camera around and chase people in the map.

You can also use that free fly cam really well in single player if you you use the cheat mpsixthsense and mpmorph nohands.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:03pm:
I believe so. It would have to be written into the game's code though. So it would be a mod obviously. It might be best to get someone like the guys working on the AJL or Lab mods to try and implement that.

talk about the creator of alj? king?
you know him king?
I love the effect of rotation of the remote camera displaying AVP2 when a player its death.
but I admit that especially in mode evac would be nice to see
your team better then forced in fly mod until the end of the next round.
It could be a very interesting mod.
on CSS in some servers when you die you can also see the companions of the opposing team it depends on how you set up your server.
anyway
the effect on the old alj is rudimentary
but I like it.
It recalls the style of counter strike.
it would be interesting to see it applied on AVP2 maybe restricted only to the normal mode evac.
or applied only for some evac maps / servers.
a remote cam third person wen people are forced in fly mode
the possibility of bind one ore more hotkey.
aesthetically and conceptually speaking remind also a game similar alien colonial marine and viewing of the alien in the third person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GhnXKw1f8A
question is exist a remote cam in avp2?
can maybe only admin see other players ?
insde his dedicated server?
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2015 at 12:43pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2015 at 12:33am
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Aug 27th, 2015 at 11:58am:
KingKenny wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:03pm:

talk about the creator of alj? king?
you know him king?
I love the effect of rotation of the remote camera displaying AVP2 when a player its death.
but I admit that especially in mode evac would be nice to see
your team better then forced in fly mod until the end of the next round.
It could be a very interesting mod.
on CSS in some servers when you die you can also see the companions of the opposing team it depends on how you set up your server.
anyway
the effect on the old alj is rudimentary
but I like it.
It recalls the style of counter strike.
it would be interesting to see it applied on AVP2 maybe restricted only to the normal mode evac.
or applied only for some evac maps / servers.
a remote cam third person wen people are forced in fly mode
the possibility of bind one ore more hotkey.
aesthetically and conceptually speaking remind also a game similar alien colonial marine and viewing of the alien in the third person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GhnXKw1f8A
question is exist a remote cam in avp2?
can maybe only admin see other players ?
insde his dedicated server?

I know AJL yes, but haven't spoken to him in years.

There is no free fly cam at all except for the singleplayer cheat I spoke of and when you hit F2 after you're killed in multiplayer. But that free fly has the hud overlay and isn't first person view of other players playing.

Adding a free fly cam to multiplayer would be a mod. I know for sure it can be coded in because there are already elements of a free fly cam in the game. I don't see anyone making it though.

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 3:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Interesting note, you could watch through other players' perspectives when you died and ran out of lives in AVP99/GE. Not sure how that helps you though. Tongue
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2015 at 3:39am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged