Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1 (Read 61758 times)
x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1
Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Please post any issues you have with the AvP2 Master Server 2.1 here. Hopefully, if there is another patch, it will address any issues listed in this thread.

IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Re: Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well now that we excluded all the custom content from the patch including everything before 2.0 i cant wait to see new players try to join waterstation, korari, pod, storageyard, etc, and having a hard time understanding why they cant join everyone else.
I cant wait to install this patch right away! #Sarcasm

IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
JP wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:36pm:
Well now that we excluded all the custom content from the patch including everything before 2.0 i cant wait to see new players try to join waterstation, korari, pod, storageyard, etc, and having a hard time understanding why they cant join everyone else.
I cant wait to install this patch right away! #Sarcasm

No more korari,WHY???That map is great thing.  Cry

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
It's going to be in 'UMP3' so will the other maps.... plus those maps was already in 'UMP2'

What's the problem? and removing them has always been the plan since 1.5.4.......

(we have our reasons)

It's not the end of the world people.

« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:24pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sure lets remove the maps that people where having fun at and leave all primal hunt maps that no one hosts/cares about. Every single custom map in the previous patches (except broken dream) where 1000x times better than any of the primal hunt maps, they didnt even bother to add ambient sounds in every single one of them, not to mention the horrible gameplay. Just that piece of crap predator map has 25Mb of textures. thats 25Mb for a map that noone likes or host, but hey, they are official!!

I dont even know what is this "bias" regarding the maps that everyone has been talking about since only 2 people requested to have their maps on the patch and they where both going to be featured on it (altough imp didnt finnish his map on time). I didnt see anyone else comming forward with any maps or even asking to be on the patch.

Even last night i was the first to request for my maps to be removed from the patch so things would finnally move on but today i find out that previous maps where also removed meaning that maps that are currently being hosted by servers are now unnavailable to the unfortunate players that installed the 2.1 patch....

Quote:
It's going to be in 'UMP3' so will the other maps.... plus those maps was already in 'UMP2'

yea now instead of a 50Mb patch people need to download a 1Gb + pack so they can continue playing on the servers they have always played....

And sory but my maps where designed to play on selected servers only which means they cant be featured on UMP nor will i allow it. Personally i would rather delete them than to have them released to the public.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
JP wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:47pm:
Sure lets remove the maps that people where having fun at and leave all primal hunt maps that no one hosts/cares about. Every single custom map in the previous patches (except broken dream) where 1000x times better than any of the primal hunt maps, they didnt even bother to add ambient sounds in every single one of them, not to mention the horrible gameplay. Just that piece of crap predator map has 25Mb of textures. thats 25Mb for a map that noone likes or host, but hey, they are official!!

Yea they are 'official' live with it?

I dont even know what is this "bias" regarding the maps that everyone has been talking about since only 2 people requested to have their maps on the patch and they where both going to be featured on it (altough imp didnt finnish his map on time). I didnt see anyone else comming forward with any maps or even asking to be on the patch.

You obviously don't have access to my email fella.... i've had many requests in the past and recently several emails these past weeks saying adding more maps is stupid but other mappers want there maps in....

so yea 'bias'

yea now instead of a 50Mb patch people need to download a 1Gb + pack so they can continue playing on the servers they have always played....

And sory but my maps where designed to play on selected servers only which means they cant be featured on UMP nor will i allow it. Personally i would rather delete them than to have them released to the public.

And what's wrong with downloading a big map pack?  if you don't want to download it... then don't..... its your choice... anyway your maps will be in UMP3.

We had plans to remove the maps since 1.5.4 but now we see it being a problem.

If you want to send me your maps in a rez then email me, i'll host it and 00 will grab it.

Your call so your maps are (special huh?....) and why wouldn't you allow it? this is a community help your maps get out there but you deny it?

oh dear oh dear....

Still the offer is there email me with the maps or not your choice.

« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:08pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
I must say JP is right.Game is for community,for people that play it and not for modders.People are used to maps like waterstation and korari on survior,and storageyard is also popular map on tdm.Primal hunt maps suck too,community dont care if they are "official".They SUCK,they suck badly.Predator map is pure shit,you need min 13 players to just play it because you may find in situation where you dont see player for 6 minutes.And for some jealous mappers,well if map is bad end of story.Korari and waterstation are in spirit of original avp2 maps.I dont see point of 2.1 MS,2.0 was 100% perfect and lot of people haved fun now you try to change it.Leave players to play game or you will destroy this already fragile game with you egos.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Acid wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
MS,2.0 was 100% perfect

It wasn't... hence 2.1 new stuff was added... and it's better than before.

Acid wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
his already fragile game with you egos.

There are no egos when you're trying to keep it all fair.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #8 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:21am
Print Post Print Post  
Hey,

I just gave the new MSP a test run. Overall I'm really impressed. I noticed some bug fixes (I read the readme too but tried testing everything). The free fly mode bug with selecting a character has been around for so long I thought it was part of the game. I'm glad its fixed. Very happy to see exploits removed as well.

Also the F4 vote menu is pretty awesome. This is way better than the old voting system. My only issue with it is that the menus still lag on me. Everything moves at like half-speed for F1, F3, F4 and tab.

Oh yeah and the server list loads lightning fast. It's the fastest I've ever seen.

On the custom maps being removed, I happy and upset. I know 00 and if he makes UMP3 (hopefully) it will be awesome. I know people will download it, as will I. I loved the tds pods map. That map was about 95% an official map. The only thing added was spawn points for weapons and characters. I really hate to see it go. Same goes for water station.

I prefer playing custom maps over the originals. But then again MSP really isn't a map pack and it was becoming one. If that was the case I rather UMP3 or UMP2 (as of now) be bundled in it. But I know that's not happening. For me its either bundle all the maps (that are good and not buggy) or none and have a separate download for a map pack containing all the maps. Kinda off-topic, but I'm trying to convince x-M-x to start uploading maps, mods, skins, etc to the site. Hopefully we can get some of these missing maps up. I have a huge collection of downloaded files and I'm sure not everyone has them all.

Anyways, TBBC if you're reading this. Good job on the patch.

I'm hoping you can fix the menu lag I mentioned earlier. Oh also, you know how every time you join a server you spawn as an exosuit? That's been in the patch since the savior mod/beginning days. Is there a way to fix that? I recall it being a time issue or something?

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #9 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:26am
Print Post Print Post  
Yea, the MSP 2.1 is really sick... GOOD JOB TBBC SERIOUS.

IP Logged

DT
Spawnkiller

Angry finn!

Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:34am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny took the words out of my mouth. Exept Im only sad to see the custom maps being deleted, some of those maps were - like he said - 95% an offical map(s). I hope we get em back at some point. Wouldnt like to join to ump server everytime I want to play those.

No bugs, glitches or crashes so far. Overall good job on the patch.

The spawn as exosuit bug only happens to me in LAN. Not in online games.

Edit. I think this suits the current situation pretty perfectly. http://9gag.com/gag/abyGQ7E
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:42am by DT »  

IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:55am
Print Post Print Post  
I honestly have no words for this tragedy...

Stripping this patch from maps that are masterpieces and keeping some useless boring ones that will most likely never see a single player inside them just because they are official. And not even for avp2.

Well i guess this game is even more boring now.
I think on the next patch we should strip the game of every bug/cheat fix so we dont force custom content on the community...

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:25am
Print Post Print Post  
I wouldn't call all those maps masterpieces. Maybe 1 or 2 at most. The rest were good (brokendreams was just too big).

If there were going to be masterpieces included, I don't know why maps made by Windebieste, Psykore, Redclaws, HHO, Imp Hunter, or even Deathmancer weren't included previously. Many of those mappers were the Raphaels, Da Vincis and Michelangelos of AvP2.

Edit: And Artalavista. He was the Picasso. lol
Double edit: Hamm3r, Hevoc. Too many to name. But I named the BIG names for the most part.

But then again it becomes a map pack.

All the Master Server Patch is, is a renamed "Savior Mod" by Herr Alien. Savior in that it "saves" AvP2's multiplayer to work again. Not to add maps.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:33am by KingKenny »  

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post Print Post  
Great patch, so far the only issue ive had is sometimes when i host a dedicated server the tick rate is massive e.g. time counts down at silly speed, projectiles (grenades etc) are super fast. Sometimes it works without any issues, no idea whats going on there.

So sad to see custom maps gone from master server patch  Cry

This kills the mappers motivation. MS patches held the opportunity for mappers to get their hard work played by the community at large. Now its really not worth spending all that time and effort building a top quality map for maybe one semi English literate Russian kid to play it for 5 minutes then get bored when no one else joins him.

I support the inclusion of top quality custom maps in the MS patches and ive put forward proposals on how it could be achieved even volunteering my own time and experience to see it properly realized and not become a bias mess of drama. If there is any chance of including maps in the future then just hit me up and i will gladly help the process.

IP Logged

inziggidy
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
My thoughts on the issue:

-Every time a new mandatory patch like this is made to play online, the game inevitably loses players. It's already dead enough as it is. Is another one really necessary?

That said, I'm not shedding ANY tears for the maps that got removed, if people want new maps, they can download ump2, if not then screw them.

-Koraricompound is a cool map, but I remember it having some serious buggy lag issues. Waterstation I played only a handful of times in the last few years, same with the pods map.

-I found it really unfair and dumb when I see maps like "storageyard" that have been shoehorned in to a compulsory server patch, I mean I didn't ask for it, I never wanted it, this is supposed to be an MS patch, not a map pack.

I agree that there's official maps that are boring and no one plays, but also it's just plain unfair when one guy (JP) gets his (unofficial) map sneakily put into a compulsory update just because he's got the privelige of friends in high places. (TBBC?) If everyone has to download his map, why not force people to download all of UMP2 as well? Now there's an idea! (brilliant idea, KingKenny!)

It'd also stop boring folks from endlessly playing on QUARANTINE over and over again and give everyone new options, god I'm so sick of that map, I'm sick of most of the default maps tbh.

-There was this map I downloaded from somewhere ages ago, commandcentre or something like that, that never made it into UMP2. Maybe that should be included as well if a UMP3 is being made. (there were at least a few that slipped the cracks and got forgotten, wasn't there another map called undertow or something in old days?)

-Sort of unrelated, but someone needs to get on [F4]'s case about fixing their UMP party server. Atm it's horribly laggy, giving everyone in the room 700 ping and stuff. It's been like that for a while now as well.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:06pm by inziggidy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print