Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1 (Read 61762 times)
JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Re: Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1
Reply #30 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
maybe creating a thread where people could vote if they want maps on the patch or not, and if yes, what would their suggestions be

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #31 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 10:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
JP wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:55pm:
maybe creating a thread where people could vote if they want maps on the patch or not, and if yes, what would their suggestions be

Done.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #32 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:29am
Print Post Print Post  
TBBC wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:03pm:
KingKenny wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:21am:
Hey,
I'm hoping you can fix the menu lag I mentioned earlier. Oh also, you know how every time you join a server you spawn as an exosuit? That's been in the patch since the savior mod/beginning days. Is there a way to fix that? I recall it being a time issue or something?

The menu lag appears to be a rendering bug in LithTech. I'll look into it but I'm almost certain I won't be able to fix this. It's more pronounced on some hardware configurations but in most cases it's not much of an issue. The exosuit problem should be fixed since the 2.0 update.

Yeah it's fixed in internet games but not on lan games. I only ask for the lan fix because I actually use the lan option almost daily for tests.

JP wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:05pm:
Quote:
MSP is a patch to get the game online

No it isnt... Its much more than that...  If that was the case then it would be called savior mod and we only would have the need to release 2 patches by now bot containing only the msclient.

The whole point of putting custom maps in the patch is so people can play them on every server without having the trouble of downloading a mappack. If we are restricting these maps to ump then they can only be hosted on ump servers, which have a population of 12...

The Master Server Patch IS the Savior Mod created by Herr Alien. I was part of the LithFAQ.com staff when LithFAQ was up and running. Herr Alien made the Savior Mod by himself with a little help from The One (I know him as Jeff). The title "Master Server Patch" is just a branding rename that x-M-x came up with. It's a much better name in my opinion because the Savior Mod sounded like it was a mod that changed gameplay, where the "Master Server Patch" title tells you what it does in the title.

Since then TBBC obviously took the Savior Mod/MSP forward with new improvements to the code. But you have to give credit where credit is due and not rewrite history here.

Adding custom maps is a BONUS feature on top of the Savior Mod/MSP. Honestly, I get your point and your desire to see the Savior Mod/MSP go in that direction. What I really want is UMP combined with MSP. But I know that's not happening for issues previously stated by x-M-x.

inziggidy wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
a list of maps from I think deserve to be included and not forgotten about, there are probably more that I don't remember

=ARC=PREDATOR
avp_community_gallery
DE_DUST
DM_ANTARTICA
DM_BLOOD_RAIL
DM_DEPOT2
dm_doomedwasteland
dm_gcmc.klitter
TOXIC FEUD
DM_JUNGLE
dm_oo_predatortemple
dm_satanicsanctuary_war.machine
GHOSTSHIP
HANGERS2
LONDON_SEWER
rc_stronghold_of_tranquility_v2_15f      
THE_THING_V2
TDS_DM_POD
suk-stronghold      
suk-stronghold_2
gladiator
dm_oo_predatortemple
DM_OVERWATCH
DM_SMUGGLER
SNACKLAB
Evac_Gauntlet
evac-isolationchamber1.4
suk-stronghold_evac
TDM_HELLSGATE

All classics. Smiley But see not everyone will agree. Some will argue that only the gameplay matters and that there has to be balanced gameplay amongst all 4 species.

I'm more for the cool factor and if its just fun to play.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:38am by KingKenny »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #33 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 10:45am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:29am:
All classics.But see not everyone will agree. Some will argue that only the gameplay matters and that there has to be balanced gameplay amongst all 4 species.

I'm more for the cool factor and if its just fun to play.

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #34 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
kaotitic some server have 2.0 some have 2.1

a astrange bug cause a autoban in new ms 2.1
this day wen im at work i have joined in tbbc tdm all weapon but i forgotte to close primal hunt first.
i have using avp2 client connetor for start game in game spy mode. server kick me automatic and banned me.
Huh
also happened two days  ago me and another guy whit italian/spanish version . ayleya  removed the ban had just uninstalled and reinstalled the version English.
I also noticed that the servers TBBC have more lag than usual after ms 2.1
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:27am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #35 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:58am
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:20pm:
kaotitic some server have 2.0 some have 2.1

a astrange bug cause a autoban in new ms 2.1
this day wen im at work i have joined in tbbc tdm all weapon but i forgotte to close primal hunt first.
i have using avp2 client connetor for start game in game spy mode. server kick me automatic and banned me.
Huh
also happened two days  ago me and another guy whit italian/spanish version . ayleya  removed the ban had just uninstalled and reinstalled the version English.
I also noticed that the servers TBBC have more lag than usual after ms 2.1

Yea.... some servers are still on 2.0 (give it time..) they will all be on 2.1 sooner or later.

As for the bug? yes its a bug..... Something to do with different languages.... me and TBBC discussed this. (not sure if there is a fix but he'll try his best)

Please be patient  Tongue

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #36 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 11:47am
Print Post Print Post  
question the new ms 2.1 adds or replaces the file liltech.exe?
This could result from the automatic ban?

IP Logged

DT
Spawnkiller

Angry finn!

Reply #37 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 4:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 11:47am:

First time im hearing of this problem. Someone getting banned from the 2.1 modded TBBC servers. Are you completely sure they werent running anything extra in the background which might get em banned?

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #38 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
DT wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 4:02pm:
Lucifer wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 11:47am:

First time im hearing of this problem. Someone getting banned from the 2.1 modded TBBC servers. Are you completely sure they werent running anything extra in the background which might get em banned?

That's possible... depends what the TBBC Logs say, if the player was running a skin/mod it should be fine.

If they're using 3rd party tools the little script kiddies.. lol the server will autoban.

Nothing can be said until he has a look at the logs.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #39 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 7:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
the only thing on my background was primal hunt (I had forgotten to close it)
this morning when I was at work banned from tbbc servers except primal hunt.
i want advise all primal hunt players.
close primal hunt before entering into any avp2 server with the new master server 2.1 or server automatically ban.
yestarday from hause in main server tbbc tdm all weapon at the end of map auriga server kick all players all players cant join say differnt word version. i have try to join whit ump2 activated and access granted . its normal or is other issues?
i have make a post in tbbc forum 
http://forum.tbbcbase.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=102

The strange thing is that a few days before had done the same thing to me and also to another player. I helped him remotely could not get was having problems with his version. (different language) in this case the server has banned automatically. without there being something that would be open in the background
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2015 at 9:39am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

The_One
Spawnkiller

LITHFAQ Owner... good
times!

Reply #40 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 4:10am
Print Post Print Post  
Hey all, it's been quite a while since leaving this community after LithFAQ.

TBBC - I hopped into the game and played a few rounds. The menu lag is pretty horrible, I'm looking into fixing it. But ultimately I believe its how the windows are drawn.

I have some more code laying around for vote kicking and such. At one point I was trying to tie in the LTWndDecision class, but I gave up I that I think. If you want to look at it, its all yours.

Jeff
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2015 at 4:11am by The_One »  

- Original AvP2/Master Server Developer

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #41 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:41am
Print Post Print Post  
you can try to use avp2 client if you have problem to see server list insde multilayer menu.
here dowload last version 0.4.8
http://www.tbbcbase.net/files/AvP2Client.exe
dont required registration only a nickame

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #42 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 12:17am
Print Post Print Post  
The_One wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 4:10am:
Hey all, it's been quite a while since leaving this community after LithFAQ.

TBBC - I hopped into the game and played a few rounds. The menu lag is pretty horrible, I'm looking into fixing it. But ultimately I believe its how the windows are drawn.

I have some more code laying around for vote kicking and such. At one point I was trying to tie in the LTWndDecision class, but I gave up I that I think. If you want to look at it, its all yours.

Jeff

About time!  Tongue

Hopefully something can be sorted out in the future with these problems.

IP Logged

wolfblade
Spawnkiller

"Let's split some wigs!"

Reply #43 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:49am
Print Post Print Post  
x-m-x  Not sure who you are however if you can send a message to Bruce Leenomorph for me it would be greatly appreciated!  I used to play avp primal hunt decades ago with the clan NBK well name being NBK_Wolfblade.  I'm sure he will know who I am, also i saw some info that you know Admiral Sleffton?  I have been scouring the web to link up w/some old members from NBK, my e-mail is in my profile.  If you could please forward this info to them it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Wolf

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #44 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 10:15am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello 'wolfblade' the email has been sent with a link to this thread.

Hopefully he'll reply and you two can get in contact again.

As for Admiral Sleffton? i'll also try and get the email soon.

btw, if you have questions to ask make a thread in the 'General' Section, next time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print