Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Locked Topic Feature request (Read 11075 times)
Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Feature request
Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:13pm

Not sure if this is even doable but for the next upcoming master server patch i would like to request that survivor rounds load the same as evac rounds.

This might require some poking at the source.

MPStartCommand on a game start point will send its messages on a new round load in Evac, however it will not send messages in survivor.

For example my Hadleys map will reset doors and events on new round load in Evac but will not in survivor.

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: Feature request
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:05pm

The MPStartCommand functions the same in all round based gametypes.

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:22pm

Testing last night with hadleys on evac it works fine, change game mode to survivor and it doesn't reset anything on new round.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:26pm

Imp Hunter wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:22pm:
Testing last night with hadleys on evac it works fine, change game mode to survivor and it doesn't reset anything on new round.

Possible bug...?? hmmmm

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:30pm

The maps used in either game mode are identical, in theory it should work fine just wont run the resets on survivor. Literally the only thing that is different is the game mode changing from Evac to Survivor.

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:04pm

You are correct. I fixed it for the TBBC servers.

Also, your map has a few problems. The activation crosshair does not always show up on the switch next to the weldable door. The door in the back does not lock after a new round has started. There may be more problems like this so you should test it thoroughly before releasing it.

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:34pm

Cheers for the fix, any idea if this will feature in future MS patches?

The crosshair on the switch is new to me, will look into that.

I must have missed the back door locking on reset but its not too big an issue due to:

The back door has a work around for survivor, in evac there is an invincible door to force marines out into the halls for the torch. You cant spawn mid round during evac and this works fine however in survivor it is very likely that someone may spawn mid round and thus seal players away from each other by resetting the invincible door.

The invincible blocker door is removed in survivor meaning players can burst the door down with stagger fire, just as easy to leave it unlocked for them Tongue

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:26pm

It's a server side thing so other mod developers will have to fix it in their respective server mods. I kind of lost the source for the LithFAQ server so Herr Alien will have to fix that at some point.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 6:50am

x-M-x wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:26pm:
Possible bug...?? hmmmm

fascinate me the old bugs.

TBBC wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:05pm:
The MPStartCommand functions the same in all round based gametypes.

I wonder if this bug may have to do with the old story mode. I allude to the commands added in past by Herr Alien for the old mod AVP2 team fotress . (Betwin old ms 1.1 and 1.3)

mine is not a criticism TBBC I like domination and cft server that you have created. AVP2 team fotress mod was created to handle these two modes . (if I remember correctly)

it would not be simpler to manage to leave this to a mod? rather than leave it to handle ms?
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2015 at 7:19am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged