Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Locked Topic Patch Test (Read 61560 times)
KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Re: Patch Test
Reply #45 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:20am

I can't quote your posts anymore because they're too long.

TBBC I honestly don't understand your beef with me. The first time you ever messaged at me, you attacked me and flipped out for a joke I made on this forum.

Now this is the third time you have attacked me. Not once did I ever attack you or your work. I gave constructive criticism. If you make a painting, and I say it needs more red, that is not an excuse to go ape shit. You're really immature to behave this way. You could of easily of said you disagree and list reasons why. Instead you call me names. You're the person who can't be reasoned with.

Menu lag. Lithfaq version didn't have it. Your version did. The One, the co-creator of the original savior mod/msp even stated this on this forum. Case closed.

Splash - You resized the texture. Call it whatever you want. I can stretch an image the same way and it looks just like the one you used. Nothing special. And again you call me an idiot. That's the 4th time you attacked me.

As for JP's maps I like them. If he released them individually I would have uploaded them on this site and posted it for download. I've uploaded over 13gb of files, every AvP2 file ever created that I could get my hands on since 2001 to this website. I'm not against his maps. I would still upload them for people to download even if he doesn't like me. The idea is give as much support to the game as possible. I was actually giving constructive criticism as to what maps make it into the patch which you still don't understand. I thought 1-2 of his maps were good to go in. Not all 3.

I never blamed you for anything. I don't know what you are talking about. You confuse blame with constructive criticism. I don't think you know what constructive criticism is.

Definition: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions.

Did I ever say "TBBC, wtf are you doing? You screwed this up. You're to blame for this!"

No. I made suggestions and offered reasons why...

Dat files are the maps. There are hundreds of maps that are just a dat in a folder with nothing else. I don't know what you are talking about again.

I'm not arrogant. I tested your beta patch and gave my opinion and you called me an ungrateful shit. You're the arrogant one because you can't handle constructive criticism. I've received negative reviews and comments about files I've released. I don't tell the fans to go fuck themselves. You should be ashamed of your behavior. Honestly, I want to be your friend. Not enemies, but then you lash out at me. Normally I'd respond to someone who starts name calling at me with insults back. But I know you have talent with coding. I'm not trying to be enemies. But how can I not defend myself when you hurl attacks at me for commenting on a mod you made.

If someone watches a movie and then tells the director of the movie that he thought his movie was a little boring and needed a bit more action, does the director then tell that person they are an ungrateful piece of shit? That person took the time to watch their movie. Regardless the director should be grateful. I took time out of my life to test your patch and you called me an ungrateful piece of shit. You get the analogy? You should be ashamed of yourself. You look REALLY bad here.

I'm not trying to take control over the patch, I was fine with you in control of it. I thought your direction of it was off and I still do. You make great improvements to the code and server list, but I question your other additions. I also think you don't listen to the fans who post on this forum about the patch. Not just x-M-x and I, but other members too. I go extra hard on you because I care more than the average fan.

With LithFAQ everything was smooth sailing. I didn't even see you or your name back in those days so you're not one to speak of it.

I just don't get why you can't have an open discussion. If I give negative feedback and list my reasons, why can't you simply respond in a cordial manner and say why you agree/disagree and list your reasons why.

I would like to remain on good terms with you, but the way I see it you owe me an apology for attacking me several times.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #46 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:46am

Acid wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 9:18pm:
x-M-x wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 5:04pm:
as for kingkenny? oh he's been in a gaming magazine about avp2..... in 2006... and he has a shit ton of skins mods.... more than any modder out there i believe. (and he's making a lot of mods behind the scenes..)

My respect to him,skinning is hard but he is just small dot compared to windebieste and Alien JL.

Hey Acid,

Please don't compare me with other authors. All 3 of us did different things and did them well. It's all subjective. I consider Windbieste a friend as well.

Acid wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 10:18pm:
x-M-x wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 10:00pm:
Having the game controlled by someone that has anger issues, is really worrying. (but you seem ok with that)

Guy is not angry.he is fucked with all that shit from you and mr.perfect kenny

I'm not Mr. Perfect. That's Curt Henning. Tongue

Oh and I forgot to say to TBBC. You said my skins look ridiculous. Ok. I like my skins to look ridiculous then.

I always find it funny when someone tries to attack some skin/mod I made as if its going to hurt my feelings. See that's the difference between an attack and constructive criticism. Constructive criticism would be saying my skins need more realism, or they look to cartoon-ish, or need more details etc. I never said, wow your patch is retarded. See that's an attack. That's the difference.

As for my skins, I published all those files for the public as a free download. If you want it good, if not that's good too. My response is always the same. Hey, I at least made some skins/mods from scratch and released them out of the kindness of my heart. At the end of the day I can make that claim that I built them myself. And it had nothing to do with this topic, but your brought it up.

Remember this MSP you're working on, is built off of someone else's work. The work of several people actually, and it is originally a community project. Thus, you're going to get more constructive criticism.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #47 - May 7th, 2015 at 9:59am

let him throw a stone who is without sin

I state does not want to offend anyone.
I hope this is a criticism i hope constructive.
there are people who continue to play on servers that are not visible in old vanilla (russian guys)
People continue playing on the old master server 2.0 ,people playing with the 2.1 and 2.2 on the other playing.
is not it a bit too chaotic?
I wonder you can find a solution for all?
Set aside your pride or your old grudges.
do not do it for personal pride but for the common love that you have for this old and immortal game.
I'd love to see you all gathered around a big table only to find a solution.
when I say all I mean everyone.
even people who do not like.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 1:45pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #48 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:21am

Are you a satanist? Luciferian?

I'm asking because you always post those types of images and go under the name Lucifer.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #49 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:11pm

KingKenny wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 11:21am:
Are you a satanist? Luciferian?

I'm asking because you always post those types of images and go under the name Lucifer.

OMG no Kenny combo 666! Dho!

but I would be willing to make a pact with the devil just to see you get along
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 2:50pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #50 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:27pm

Nothing to worry about Lucifer. - Relax  Wink
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 2:27pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #51 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:42pm

x-M-x,

I'm not sure if you are reading other people's posts at all. It's amazing how full of yourself you are. No one is developer because of you. If anything, it was me who chose you. I was working on an improved client for the TBBC servers long before GameSpy pulled the plug. I simply saw it as an opportunity to release it for everyone. Also, as I told you before, I never cared about 1.5.4. I simply released a DLL that fixed some issues on Windows XP x64 and Windows 7. It was not even worth making an installer for. You are the one that wanted an installer around it. Same goes for Primal Hunt and everything else I released prior to the 2.0 patch. For the 2.0 release, it was me who let you do the publishing for my version. Every server already was planning to migrate to my version anyway so your opinion never mattered.

The problem is that you think you can keep getting away with throwing around demands like that. No, it's not criticism. They are blatant demands and you even start threatening me if I don't make it so. When you email me things like "you either need to fix it and re-send it or will move to another developer", don't expect me to take it lightly. Time after time you have shown that it's all about you. Even now you fail to realize that you have been the culprit since the beginning. You and your buddy also keep playing the rage/anger card. No one is angry. Just tired, very tired. Tired of you, constantly pushing your own desires rather than looking at what people actually want. How is it possible that you fail to realize this? You can't have forgotten what happened the past few months, unless you have an issue with your long term memory. Why do you think people bash you and your ideas so much? Why do you think people play on the TBBC servers 99% of the time? IT'S WHAT THEY WANT.

To get this straight, no I'm not really carrying on anyone's work. I have to admit, there are some lines from AJL and Herr Alien left, but that's less than 1% of it all and isn't worth mentioning. I never had the code for Herr Alien's master server client either so I had to rewrite it from scratch, together with an actual master server. The point is, this patch is 99.9% my own work, except for the maps of course, and therefore you really don't have anything to say about it. Herr Alien also never gave you permission for anything. I doubt he even cares what we do with it at this point. He personally told me he rather has me continue this version than have you release a severely crippled 1.5.2. But, if you are so serious about permissions and 'stealing work', I would appreciate it if you do not release an altered version that contains my client (1.5.4 DLL and 2.x DLLs), or interface with my server in any way. Feel free to create your own version based on 1.5.2 or vanilla, but do not touch my version.

----

KingKenny,

I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. You truly have no idea what you are talking about. Herr Alien actually acknowledged that this is a LithTech (how the windows are drawn, i.e. internal engine functionality) issue. Even the Payback Time developers know this, and fixed it. "Fixed chat/scoreboard (no more major FPS drops on TAB, no more distorted fonts)". Splash... I honestly don't care to explain it to you. You need to seek a new hobby and not comment on anything related to modding anymore.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #52 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:53pm

TBBC wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:42pm:
x-M-x,

I'm not sure if you are reading other people's posts at all. It's amazing how full of yourself you are. No one is developer because of you. If anything, it was me who chose you. I was working on an improved client for the TBBC servers long before GameSpy pulled the plug. I simply saw it as an opportunity to release it for everyone. Also, as I told you before, I never cared about 1.5.4. I simply released a DLL that fixed some issues on Windows XP x64 and Windows 7. It was not even worth making an installer for. You are the one that wanted an installer around it. Same goes for Primal Hunt and everything else I released prior to the 2.0 patch. For the 2.0 release, it was me who let you do the publishing for my version. Every server already was planning to migrate to my version anyway so your opinion never mattered.

The problem is that you think you can keep getting away with throwing around demands like that. No, it's not criticism. They are blatant demands and you even start threatening me if I don't make it so. When you email me things like "you either need to fix it and re-send it or will move to another developer", don't expect me to take it lightly. Time after time you have shown that it's all about you. Even now you fail to realize that you have been the culprit since the beginning. You and your buddy also keep playing the rage/anger card. No one is angry. Just tired, very tired. Tired of you, constantly pushing your own desires rather than looking at what people actually want. How is it possible that you fail to realize this? You can't have forgotten what happened the past few months, unless you have an issue with your long term memory. Why do you think people bash you and your ideas so much? Why do you think people play on the TBBC servers 99% of the time? IT'S WHAT THEY WANT.

To get this straight, no I'm not really carrying on anyone's work. I have to admit, there are some lines from AJL and Herr Alien left, but that's less than 1% of it all and isn't worth mentioning. I never had the code for Herr Alien's master server client either so I had to rewrite it from scratch, together with an actual master server. The point is, this patch is 99.9% my own work, except for the maps of course, and therefore you really don't have anything to say about it. Herr Alien also never gave you permission for anything. I doubt he even cares what we do with it at this point. He personally told me he rather has me continue this version than have you release a severely crippled 1.5.2. But, if you are so serious about permissions and 'stealing work', I would appreciate it if you do not release an altered version that contains my client (1.5.4 DLL and 2.x DLLs), or interface with my server in any way. Feel free to create your own version based on 1.5.2 or vanilla, but do not touch my version.

Totally irresponsible.... I'm not really in the mood, for a debate with you... you snapped and it's shown your true colors.

all this is getting pathetic and you've caused massive problems within the community.

Herr alien gave me permission to carry it on even make an msp site (when lithfaq died) ... i've got emails as proof...  so don't know what your on about? we don't plan to release 1.5.2 versions.... what are you chatting about?  Also what idea's? im all for adding maps? are you still that retarded and ignore that comment?  you've messed up, and seriously damaged this community - Good riddance.

you choose me? check again i asked you to get working on future patchs it was your opportunity, not mine... your just difficult to work with, that's your problem.

***EDIT***

They are blatant demands and you even start threatening me if I don't make it so. When you email me things like "you either need to fix it and re-send it or will move to another developer

Threat? well if your adding things that are unnecessary, of course i will switch to a new developer...  you think it was a threat? wow come original.

The MSP has never had problems at all, ( I even trusted you) - shown you respect, gave you responsibility for the MSP, even make you a forum moderator here.. and you spit it right back in my face?

(simply because you have random tantrums?) -

I don't think i need to tell others how you are, the evidence is obvious.

And what you on about 'stealing your msp' ??  don't be ridiculous

now you fail to realize that you have been the culprit since the beginning. You and your buddy also keep playing the rage/anger card. No one is angry. Just tired, very tired. Tired of you, 

beginning of what exactly? go on? tell me?? I've done nothing wrong for this community, and several others can vouch for that, tired of me? more like tired of you and your pathetic posts.

You didn't even apologize to kingkenny at all for your attacks, just goes to show what type of person you are.

and you think im the 'culprit?' right, stop throwing false accusations around you know you're lying, and who are you to tell me?? anyway?? - I guess it's true, you seriously have some attitude/anger problems.

Don't forget to pick up your man card on the way out.

cya

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 9:44pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #53 - May 7th, 2015 at 11:54pm

KingKenny,

I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. You truly have no idea what you are talking about. Herr Alien actually acknowledged that this is a LithTech (how the windows are drawn, i.e. internal engine functionality) issue. Even the Payback Time developers know this, and fixed it. "Fixed chat/scoreboard (no more major FPS drops on TAB, no more distorted fonts)". Splash... I honestly don't care to explain it to you. You need to seek a new hobby and not comment on anything related to modding anymore.

1. Good job ignoring 90% of my post. It proves you can't provide a counter argument with stated reasons.

2. Yes you are right that Herr Alien has said in the past that there is some lag with the lithtech engine and how the windows are drawn. I admit that is true as I saw him say it on the Lithfaq forums. HOWEVER, that was default AvP2. My whole point was that your new code made the menus lag beyond what was default. Your patch was laggy, lithfaq version was not. I still get more FPS drops with your patch than on 1.5.3. You can say what you want but Fraps shows me the FPS.

3. You still don't know anything about resizing images. If anyone needs to seek a new hobby its you because you can't handle constructive criticism.

4. I was so polite to you from day one. I never attacked you. You attacked me personally 5 times and called me names without me ever provoking you. This is the first message you ever sent to me:

TBBC wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 5:41pm:
I don't know what gives you the right to comment on this. Where were you when the master server shut down last year? You haven't contributed a single thing to this game since it's release. I could say that ayleia has been more useful in the past two weeks than you have been in all your time around here. She's been the only one that actually cares about the continuation of this game. All other servers run unattended for years, a fact you probably weren't aware of. Ayleia is the only one I could trust with our legacy.

The TBBC servers always had unprecedented performance despite being run on only a fraction of our current bandwidth. TBBC servers only get better and faster while other servers deteriorated to unplayable proportions. Current bandwidth rates exceed all other servers combined. Without ayleia's ideas and help we would have closed our doors years ago.

That said, we reconsidered the discontinuation of our servers. Expect us.

There's the proof right there: "what gives you the right to comment"

Spoken like a true authoritarian. You could never handle constructive criticism or negative feedback even if it was true. Nor did you understand sarcasm (probably because you're foreign and a bit slow to humor). You have the mindset that because you're editing a mod (not really creating since its an edit of other people's work) that people should worship you or kiss your ass. You speak so highly of TBBC servers and yourself in that post as if you're so superior. And you compared yourself to me when it was never about me (and I've been around a lot longer and have done a lot more than you anyways). You're relatively new to the scene. I've never seen the TBBC name until 2014-ish.Then, you got control of the master server and look what happened. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

For the record, I never wanted control over the msp or to dictate how its made. I only tried to help. I was hoping you would be open to all the suggestions made by AvP2 fans and implement them to make the best possible experience. Your MSP isn't a MSP. It is the TBBC mod. There's a difference. The TBBC mod is TBBC's version of what he thinks the MSP should be. No one else's feedback is welcome. I see that now. Problem is, you've been calling it the wrong name and you should never make a thread about it on a forum. It's a forum. People will respond with their opinions. You should know better.

In your profile it says you are 25. That means in 2001 when this game was released you were 11 years old. You didn't even hit puberty. In 2003 when I got in the AvP2 scene, you were 13. You have no respect for this game's history or the other people who created content for this game because you were just a child and probably didn't even own the game. Eventually you grew up (not in maturity obviously) and started making editing a pre-existing mod for this game and completely disrespected all the hard work others have made to this game. You're a douchebag for that. I never wanted to call you names back, and I refrained a lot from it, but it had to be said. I gave you many opportunities to apologize to me for calling me names. I turned the other cheek 5 times and even offered my hand to you in friendship. Since you turned it down... well then I shall respond appropriately.

You're a fucking idiot and you're an asshole. You can go fuck yourself. TBBC = This Boy Blows Cock.

I wont be banning you from the forum because I welcome anyone who wishes to contribute this game to post here, whether I like them or not.

However, I'm not putting up with your shit anymore and I'm locking this thread. If you make a post on this forum expect the opinions of others to be in the replies; mine included. If you can't handle the opinions of others I will ridicule your insecurity every time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print