Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Sticky Topic TeamSpeak 3 Server For All AVP Players To Use (Read 16273 times)
Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

TeamSpeak 3 Server For All AVP Players To Use
Nov 4th, 2015 at 3:13am
Print Post Print Post  
In the recent rush of new AVP activity I've decided to make my TeamSpeak 3 server "Olde's Hive" available for AVP fans and players to use. Hopefully this can become a new place where people can come to play games and otherwise discuss AVP stuff. TeamSpeak is of course geared more around gaming than general discussion but that doesn't preclude the possibility of using it as a general chat. The server is paid for, so it runs continuously regardless of who is online. There is a user capacity of I believe 25 but I don't think we really need to worry about that too much.

Aside from the Main Lobby, these are the games that I've given channels: AVP Classic 2000, AVP 2, AJL LAB, PROJAM, AXP Realism, Payback Time, AVP 2010, and A:CM. Each game/mod has its own separate lobby as well as two sub-channels that function as servers, so in essence each game has three channels. I deliberately decided not to use specific names like TDM, Coop, etc. because I figure people will probably be fluid and use Server 1 as one thing one day and the next day use it as something else.

I only have four rules that should be obvious and easily abided by: First, treat others with respect. Second, don't use the server for sexually explicit, illegal, hateful, or unethical content, or content that's otherwise just in poor taste (I leave that up to myself to determine what constitutes that). Third, no spam, audio or otherwise. Last, don't use the server for non-AVP related stuff. By this I don't want to deter you from staying in the servers for as long as you want and converse about real-life things, but please don't use it for your WoW clan or a business meeting. I'll probably break that last rule but only because it's my server. I reserve the right to mute or ban anyone who can't abide by these rules.

I'm of course open to suggestions so let me know if there's anything you think should also be created or consolidated. Please try it out and let me know how it goes!

To join, download and run the free TeamSpeak client here: https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

Server Name: ts68.teamspeak3.com:7909
Password: xenomorph

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Re: TeamSpeak 3 Server For All AVP Players To Use
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 5:44am
Print Post Print Post  
I like. ts is a useful tool for organizing matches mp.
you could use the team speak wiever and put a link on the main page avpunknown.
https://www.tsviewer.com/
if mr xmx want. Roll Eyes
I leave a link only to see an example of a preview of TS and its button to automatically connect.
I hope we can take inspiration from it.
http://www.wantedgov.it/
This is an old Italian community multiplayer look at the right column on the main site.
there is a preview of ts and a button to connect
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 6:57am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 8:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Not...totally sure what the point of TSViewer is? I mean, a program to open up to see if anybody's on a different program to open up...I get the feeling you AvP2 people and your server lists just love lists.

On our old site, we had a button up top that would directly open up your TS client if you had it. Look at the top right: http://avpct.com/

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post Print Post  
yes olde a sort of preview html to see people inside ts and a button to connect.
Take a look at the italian site to understand
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 9:11am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 9:10am:
yes olde a sort of preview html to see people inside ts and a button to connect.

Honestly I see a lot of this and I don't think it's helpful. If everyone's opening up a program to see that no one's using the actual server, then no one's actually using the server. It's just empty. And people will see the empty server and not join in. By not having a "TSViewer" I think it would be better because then you'd actually have to join the server to see who's there.

And really, you can't just double-click the server and press Enter to join? That's too much effort now? Come on.

Quote:

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 9:34am:

Honestly I see a lot of this and I don't think it's helpful. If everyone's opening up a program to see that no one's using the actual server, then no one's actually using the server. It's just empty. And people will see the empty server and not join in. By not having a "TSViewer" I think it would be better because then you'd actually have to join the server to see who's there.

And really, you can't just double-click the server and press Enter to join? That's too much effort now? Come on.

relax olde ok no problem its same p.s join in your ts Cheesy im in

IP Logged

RickJames
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2016 at 9:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 9:34am:

I Agree I will be on there as much as i can. Cool

IP Logged