Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Organizing A Game In Payback Time (Read 9216 times)
Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Organizing A Game In Payback Time
Nov 9th, 2015 at 10:25am
Print Post Print Post  
Also posted on Global AvP:

So I was thinking that we need to organize a time when we should get together and play the AvP2 mod Payback Time. The mod is group-oriented so having multiple people is kind of a necessity. After reading some comments, it looks like there have been some initial hangups, so I want to provide some resources to facilitate getting an actual game going.

The first order of business is that not everyone owns AvP2. That shouldn't be a problem seeing as I've uploaded both it and the MSP to Mediafire (link below). Yes it's not kosher but the game is 15 years old and full of copyright blunders and incompetencies, and I don't think anyone will get on your case about it, as long as you don't go around plastering it everywhere. I've installed the game using this resource myself several times, which I've always gotten to work for both the base game, multiplayer, and Payback Time.

AvP2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w78rmpslt9quc57/AVP2+%2B+Primal+Hunt.zip

Payback Time Mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XJWua6m1OhUUVJTnd6RVdiaUU/view?pli=1

Another resource you might find useful is my Team Speak 3 server. This is a live chat with VOIP ability. You don't actually need a headset or microphone, however, since you can type into chat as well. Since I made it public, people have been dropping in and out of chat for support or just talk in general about AvP2. If you don't want to download Team Speak, you can also use the TBBC chat found next to the refresh button on the server list. If everybody's on Steam, we could also use the AvP2 Steam Group chat. I like my chat obviously because I'm the admin and can keep things organized and rolling, but I'm fine with whatever people want.

Now for the hard part, actually scheduling a time to play. Obviously this will require some commitment and flexibility from players if we actually want to try this out. I can start a Doodle, which is sort of like a calendar organizer, if people want. Or we can just state here what time we're generally available and hopefully we can come to an agreed-upon time to play.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:14am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Re: Organizing A Game In Payback Time
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 12:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is this for testing purposes? I'm up for testing anything, vital part of development.

Set a time and date, objectives of the test, things to focus on etc.

I think most players are European timezone (usually within a few hours of each other) we have one or two American players like Smith but depends if they are coming. I'd say some evening in the Euro time zone.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 4:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Nov 9th, 2015 at 10:25am:
Here is another resource, the AvP2 server list. Refresh this periodically to see who's playing multiplayer. http://avpunknown.com/serverlist

Lips Sealed
I'd like to see a list of servers "officials" without having to be forced to play in 22 ms mod
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2015 at 5:01pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 12:39am
Print Post Print Post  
That server list url is 404. Tongue

I would love to join but I refuse to install tbbc mod. I consider it adware as it lacks an uninstall option. It took me quite some time figuring out all the stuff I had to manually delete to uninstall it.

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:13am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 12:39am:

I would love to join but I refuse to install tbbc mod. I consider it adware as it lacks an uninstall option. It took me quite some time figuring out all the stuff I had to manually delete to uninstall it.

I see. Do you need the MSP 2.2 to join in ALL multiplayer though?

I was in my TS3 server earlier today with someone trying to join the Payback Time server and he said he couldn't because he was IP banned, even though he had never played the mod before. Now, he admits to cheating before but...I guess if you're IP banned from one server now you're banned from all?
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:14am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:47am
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:13am:

I see. Do you need the MSP 2.2 to join in ALL multiplayer though?

You mean TBBC mod? lol.

Well the server would be connecting to TBBC's server list, so yes. Unless there was another server list being used.

Olde wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:13am:
I was in my TS3 server earlier today with someone trying to join the Payback Time server and he said he couldn't because he was IP banned, even though he had never played the mod before. Now, he admits to cheating before but...I guess if you're IP banned from one server now you're banned from all?

Didn't you know, TBBC rules with an iron fist. Grin

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 5:56am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:47am:
You mean TBBC mod? lol.

Well the server would be connecting to TBBC's server list, so yes. Unless there was another server list being used.

we could use the olde's dedicated server to host an "official" servers list  (avpc & avp2) maybe
if the  olde's server is not powerful enough to accommodate this, we could join forces and buy something more powerful.
www.gametracker.com/
talking with olde I found that AVP is that the old AVP2 1.5.3 have a bug very similar. if  inside the server, there isn't at least one player the server is not visible. remember this old bug dedicated servers?
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:13am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:12am
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Nov 9th, 2015 at 4:59pm:
I'd like to see a list of servers "officials" without having to be forced to play in 22 ms mod

Totally, 'Default' AvP2...  MISS IT.

I would love to join but I refuse to install tbbc mod. I consider it adware as it lacks an uninstall option. It took me quite some time figuring out all the stuff I had to manually delete to uninstall it

Same, considering that idiot bans anyone even with the slightest error of judgement, and most of the time banned from the 'entire game' oh dear.

KingKenny wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 2:47am:
Didn't you know, TBBC rules with an iron fist

I thought it was a 'knife and Gun'  Grin

Lucifer wrote on Nov 10th, 2015 at 5:56am:
we could use the olde's dedicated server to host an "official" servers list  (avpc & avp2) maybe
if the  olde's server is not powerful enough to accommodate this, we could join forces and buy something more powerful.
www.gametracker.com/

Not sure if you understand Lucifer, the system of avp2 needs a directory server list to reveal all servers on a list for it to work and that list is hosted by 'The Big Brown Cow' sorry i mean TBBC.

@ Olde, would love to join dude, but sadly cant... his software no doubt is riddled with filth.

@ Lucifer any idea's ?  Grin

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 5:53am
Print Post Print Post  
I would be happy simply to play at the old Alien vs Predator 2 but at this time it is not possible .
Tongue

IP Logged