Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Locked Topic Project "Savior" (Read 70280 times)
x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Project "Savior"
Reply #30 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 1:12pm

Smith wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:16am:
Also, a question for all you AVPUnknown people, I'm curious. If you wouldn't mind explaining real quick since i'm kind of out of the loop. Why so much hate for TBBC, and why go even as far as calling the download malware? Just curious.

I thought you said it was 'something so trivial' ? but you're out of the loop?  Undecided

i'll give you the gist of it.

Some People call it malware/spyware some call it a mod...  AVP Unknown has hosted the 'MSP' since 2008, Almost a decade, we never owned it or made any claim to it, we supported it, and this sites traffic helps it.

We are good friends with the original developers back during the 'LITHFAQ' days. but since msp 2.0 that's when TBBC fully took over all things where well and don't get me wrong that boy can CODE for sure.... but then all of a sudden he doesn't reply a lot to anyone his forum is full of complaints people being banned from the game or false banned from his servers... (and yet they come to this forum asking for help) and sadly i cannot... i've emailed him in the past you don't get a reply maybe once every blue moon.  Tongue he then lashes out on me and Kingkenny he said 'i shouldn't be in this community i'm the culprit since day 1  Grin then he even goes on to say KingKenny hasn't contribute anything at all, he's done nothing for this game (that was hilarious when he said that)  (Kenny was even featured in a magazine back in 2006 for his avp2 mods  Cheesy)

He then removes the custom map readme's from the msp (therefore stealing work no credit left) then he even goes a step further to remove AVP Unknown Link from the readme... (bare in mind that link was added by the original developer back in 2009 to help people find/locate the msp because this site brings in a lot of avp2 related traffic)

He then claims the msp is 99.99% his... that is blasphemous!

(but it's not the end of the world)

I recently had a game with Luicfer on avp2 (don't need tbbc msp)

Just search that post Lucifer said, you'll have a good laugh reading it.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 1:14pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

Reply #31 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 8:53pm

Hmm, well I just wanted your guy's side of the story. I try to remain neutral when I can and I want whats best for the this game, and at the risk of getting flamed or possibly banned here, I just want to state that it's not doing any good dividing a game community. It's not my place to say whether you folks are rightfully offended or not, but I would at least try to reconcile if you can. Or at least be on good terms.

I've read the thread you all directed me towards, so I will take what was said there into consideration formulating my reply here. So in my opinion, I believe TBBC has made AVP2 a better place. Me personally, he may be one of the most comprehensive and thorough coders I've seen, especially with his server mod. It's just unfortunate politics are involved. I know there are probably many words that can't be unsaid or forgotten between both parties, but a division like this shouldn't be here. If you truly just want to play online by another means with your friends, that's fine and dandy, but if your intention is to recruit other people to join you, it will spell the end of this game.

I'm not being biased, I'm not trying to judge any party here, I want whats best for everyone. Both parties need to swallow their pride and at least be on amicable terms.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #32 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:59pm

Smith wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 8:53pm:
Hmm, well I just wanted your guy's side of the story. I try to remain neutral when I can and I want whats best for the this game, and at the risk of getting flamed or possibly banned here, I just want to state that it's not doing any good dividing a game community. It's not my place to say whether you folks are rightfully offended or not, but I would at least try to reconcile if you can. Or at least be on good terms.

I've read the thread you all directed me towards, so I will take what was said there into consideration formulating my reply here. So in my opinion, I believe TBBC has made AVP2 a better place. Me personally, he may be one of the most comprehensive and thorough coders I've seen, especially with his server mod. It's just unfortunate politics are involved. I know there are probably many words that can't be unsaid or forgotten between both parties, but a division like this shouldn't be here. If you truly just want to play online by another means with your friends, that's fine and dandy, but if your intention is to recruit other people to join you, it will spell the end of this game.

I'm not being biased, I'm not trying to judge any party here, I want whats best for everyone. Both parties need to swallow their pride and at least be on amicable terms.

Fair enough, you're new to the scene well not new to the game but you get my idea.

What division you speak of? the way i see it, we haven't done anything wrong at all, our intention is to boost the community of players but there are other methods to play online like i said before i had a game recently  Smiley more solutions the better, and as I've said in the past some people like originality some don't (it's a lottery) but that's why we have mods for this game. Also I've even praised his work in the past, like i said that boy can code for sure but he choose this path not us.

Don't worry about any flames because if anyone starts shit about this war again they will be BANNED.

Nice website btw  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:00pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #33 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 2:04am

Smith wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:16am:
Why so much hate for TBBC, and why go even as far as calling the download malware? Just curious.

Short answer? He's a f'ing asshole.

His install lacks an uninstaller. You have to manually delete off the files. I consider that malware. It's also a rip mod.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #34 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:31am

certainly is the most popular mode many servers have adopted as standard, including some Russian servers.
shame if only TBBC  had paid more attention to my words, and he had not been blinded by his ego.
perhaps  now  2.2 ms would become the official master server.
I have tried to remedy this war but I failed.

I conclude by saying all are free to use the last master server ,
but even if all servers use this version
This will not change the fact that the tbbc ms mod  is not a master server official, and it will not be ever
its only a mod multiplayer of this old game .
and it is very different from what was once
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2016 at 11:38am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

Reply #35 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:44am

Quote:
What division you speak of? the way i see it, we haven't done anything wrong at all, our intention is to boost the community of players but there are other methods to play online like i said before i had a game recently, more solutions the better

Well obviously the two wouldn't be compatible. But I was just saying about the division between here and TBBC, I would like to see everyone get along and be able to play matches together, only thing I don't want to see happen is one group of people on one patch, and one group on another not being able to play together.

Quote:
His install lacks an uninstaller. You have to manually delete off the files. I consider that malware. It's also a rip mod.

Just because something doesn't have an uninstaller doesn't mean it's automatically malicious. Considering what work he has done for the community so far, I'd have to have proof before my eyes to believe this guy would be the kind of person that would take advantage of peoples trust like that. My computer has never been attacked and as far as I know, it only replaces and adds some files in the AVP2 directory and probably adds a few things in the registry.

If you're concerned about something like spyware, i'm sure something like a netstat would do good.

Quote:
Nice website btw

Why thank you  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:47am by Smith »  

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #36 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 11:42pm

Smith wrote on Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:44am:
Quote:
[quote]His install lacks an uninstaller. You have to manually delete off the files. I consider that malware. It's also a rip mod.

Just because something doesn't have an uninstaller doesn't mean it's automatically malicious. Considering what work he has done for the community so far, I'd have to have proof before my eyes to believe this guy would be the kind of person that would take advantage of peoples trust like that. My computer has never been attacked and as far as I know, it only replaces and adds some files in the AVP2 directory and probably adds a few things in the registry.

If you're concerned about something like spyware, i'm sure something like a netstat would do good.

You don't understand. "I consider that malware." Took me a good amount of time to uninstall his crap off my computer. There is no written documentation detailing the files that get installed when you install it. Ripping peoples work and claiming it as your own is kinda malicious. I never said it's attacking anyone's computer.

For the future, do a search on the forum to look for answers about this whole debate. It's so redundant to repeat everything over and over when you can see what actually happened for yourself. The last thing I want to do is restart the debate and get his posse rejoining the forum to start cursing everyone out. His mod isn't supported here.

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #37 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:50am

I guess switching over to gameranger 'til a new solution has been provided will be the way to go. Last saturday the hacker/cheater label was tossed around rather swiftly. And this was just 10 minutes into a first game after not playing for like 6 years ...

So I'm pretty sure we'll get banned by 2.2's overlords once me and the others get back to playing the way we used to play. If I were younger and less wiser I would've probably cared enough to give time towards this drama. However times have changed, me and the boys just wanna chillax, enjoying AvP2 in all it's glory.

Whenever testing will be needed for a new 'patch'. You may sign me and the boys up for it. You can reach us through various means.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:50am by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #38 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:36pm

F4 wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:50am:
So I'm pretty sure we'll get banned by 2.2's overlords once me and the others get back to playing the way we used to play. If I were younger and less wiser I would've probably cared enough to give time towards this drama. However times have changed, me and the boys just wanna chillax, enjoying AvP2 in all it's glory.

That's one of the many reasons I refuse to use that mod. I don't agree with the policy of banning people from playing altogether. Fascist ideology there.

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #39 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 7:55am

KingKenny wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:36pm:
F4 wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 11:50am:

That's one of the many reasons I refuse to use that mod. I don't agree with the policy of banning people from playing altogether. Fascist ideology there.

2.2 shouldn't even be the default for that matter. It's current "overlords" think they can induce fear with an "almighty" banhammer. They'll use it the minute you beat their cheating ass. Just for the sake of stroking their ego ...

The most hilarious part is when one of their "scouts" comes in to check us out. When he/she verifies that we're playing, their alpha shitlord comes in with her cheats, all "beefed up" and ready to spoil the game for everyone.

This is one sad devotion and she clearly has no sense of nostalgia towards this game.
15 years down the line and still you have people like this , who for some odd reason, get labeled "hacker".

Either way, I'm about done with 2.2. It's a cesspool which is even worse pre-shutdown of Sierra's master server.
I'm assuming we all remember how those days were ...

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:46am by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #40 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 8:25am

That's one of the many reasons I refuse to use that mod.

true but you have to realize that normal people do not care what the master server or mod  is in use just play.

F4 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 7:55am:
When he/she verifies that we're playing, their alpha shitlord comes in with his cheats, all "beefed up" and ready to spoil the game for everyone.

for this reasons  i have no more pleasure to play with them

AVP2 with what has never been a democracy.
everyone is free to manage their servers as they like regardless of whether this is a dictatorship, a republic or a monarchy.

females have always played an important role in this game old Abbey.
the leader of  TBBC and  dbh that are both females.

Adam and Eve transmitted to their descendants human nature wounded by their own first sin, hence deprived of original holiness and justice. This deprivation is called "original sin".

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:01am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #41 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:34am

Lucifer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 8:25am:

true but you have to realize that normal people do not care what the master server or mod  is in use just play.

F4 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 7:55am:
When he/she verifies that we're playing, their alpha shitlord comes in with his cheats, all "beefed up" and ready to spoil the game for everyone.

for this reasons  i have no more pleasure to play with them

AVP2 with what has never been a democracy.
everyone is free to manage their servers as they like regardless of whether this is a dictatorship, a republic or a monarchy.

females have always played an important role in this game old Abbey.
the leader of  TBBC and  dbh that are both females.

Adam and Eve transmitted to their descendants human nature wounded by their own first sin, hence deprived of original holiness and justice. This deprivation is called "original sin".

Ah yea, the average Joe won't care. Ignorance is bliss!
Still doesn't prevent you or anyone else from distributing the right information and tools across the interwebs.

Anywho ...

Spastic housewives making a stand in AvP2??? Hoooowwlllleeeeee sheeeet, shit just got real. :]
I can already imagine how things are like when the hubby/bf starts asking what's for dinner:

The leadership comms/channels are probably quite the show:

Sorry ladies, I just couldn't resist.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:16am by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #42 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 11:12am

everyone is free to manage their servers

Yea, that was then, not now...  (absolute power corrupts absolutely) Remember that.

this is a dictatorship, a republic or a monarchy.

No it isnt.... it's more like a communist state now.

(YOU DO AS I TELL YOU OR DONT PLAY AT ALL! - PLAY IT MY WAY OR THE HIGH WAY)  Roll Eyes

F4 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:34am:
ignorance is bliss!

Wait for his 'next update' more game changes oh ya!!!!  Roll Eyes

Stealing work, taken out credit etc is an absolute crime in this community.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 11:13am by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #43 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:23pm

I don't care what other people use. If they want to be sheep they are free to do so. Can we all move on from this topic? It's rehashing something that happened a year ago over and over still. Tongue

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #44 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 7:51pm

KingKenny wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:23pm:

I don't care what other people use. If they want to be sheep they are free to do so. Can we all move on from this topic? It's rehashing something that happened a year ago over and over still. Tongue

Nothing wrong with beating a dead horse, is there? Oh wait ...

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print