Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 2016 Official Avp2 setup (Read 66871 times)
Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Re: 2016 Official Avp2 setup
Reply #15 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Undecided

http://www.avpunknown.com/avp2files/avp2game/avp2_avp2ph_aio.zip

as if they were not installed

something tells me that we're almost there

but something is missing.

the uninstall process seems to work but does not delete the folder fox

its possible  start the two setup sequentially?
exe extract all necessary in a temp folder 1 starts AVP2 setup after copying the avp2 crack and starts the pH setup after copying the ph crack.
then erase temp folfer and give a shortcut for unistal game and dlc (if necessary)
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2016 at 6:05pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #16 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank's for letting us know,

Olde should fix this soon i hope?  Smiley

Give him Time !

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #17 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 11:06pm
Print Post Print Post  

Little update ...

Had a little struggle with it today, but that got resolved. Hurrah ...
Just gonna wrap up the command line text being appended and display the commands to the user whenever viewing/editing command lines.

After that it's time to add 2 language packs and then I'll upload the code. For graphical goodness or expanding the language pack ideas? Well, not to be an A-hole but I'm kinda leaning more towards getting a full installer/Standalone AvP2 version + other projects done.

Perhaps in the future I'll revisit the launcher if it's really wanted "that much". If anything the launcher will be optimized to work with a full standalone version that features a bit more than what you will be seeing shortly.

As I've told to some of you. This is purely a proof of concept for individuals like Lucifer to learn from and understand the simplicity of making things like this happen. It's just time consuming ... Sleepy time.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2016 at 11:11pm by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #18 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:49am
Print Post Print Post  
F4 wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 11:06pm:
a proof of concept

yes absolutely mr Z

I do not think there are ethical problems in regard to making this open source project.
at the end of this story, this game it was abandoned for years.
although perhaps it is not a wise choice (make public source code)
but it is also true that some part of this code has been lost.
and it would be nice to have just as much help as possible to restore it.
this regardless of whether there is one or more communities with different opinions about it
KingKenny wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 2:46am:
Sweet. I suggest adding some photo to the launcher to make it look pretty too. Grin

talk about the background of the launcher?
like this for exemple?

hope that the old Start menu remain unchanged

i have a question mr z
it would also be possible  integrate a pre system environment before  start installing the game?
wiky say:
The .NET Framework is the central part of Microsoft's .NET technology.
This is the environment for the creation, distribution and execution of all applications that support .NET Web Services or whether other applications.
Microsoft began development of .NET technology in the late nineties, under the name of Next Generation Windows Services (NGWS). The first beta of the .NET Framework was released in late 2000. The framework was then updated several times over the years.

I had in mind the NET Framework 3.5 for many reason

The .NET Framework 3.5 was distributed with the development environment Visual Studio 2008 on 19 November 2007. It is still based on version 2.0 of the CLR, but it integrates the Service Pack 1, which adds new properties and methods, while maintaining backward compatibility with applications written for version 2.0. It is available as an add-on for Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2003 and 2008.

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 8:31am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #19 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:49am:
F4 wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 11:06pm:
a proof of concept

yes absolutely mr Z

I do not think there are ethical problems in regard to making this open source project.
at the end of this story, this game it was abandoned for years.
although perhaps it is not a wise choice (make public source code)
but it is also true that some part of this code has been lost.
and it would be nice to have just as much help as possible to restore it.
this regardless of whether there is one or more communities with different opinions about it
KingKenny wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 2:46am:
Sweet. I suggest adding some photo to the launcher to make it look pretty too. Grin

talk about the background of the launcher?
like this for exemple?

hope that the old Start menu remain unchanged

i have a question mr z
it would also be possible  integrate a pre system environment before  start installing the game?
wiky say:
The .NET Framework is the central part of Microsoft's .NET technology.
This is the environment for the creation, distribution and execution of all applications that support .NET Web Services or whether other applications.
Microsoft began development of .NET technology in the late nineties, under the name of Next Generation Windows Services (NGWS). The first beta of the .NET Framework was released in late 2000. The framework was then updated several times over the years.

I had in mind the NET Framework 3.5 for many reason

The .NET Framework 3.5 was distributed with the development environment Visual Studio 2008 on 19 November 2007. It is still based on version 2.0 of the CLR, but it integrates the Service Pack 1, which adds new properties and methods, while maintaining backward compatibility with applications written for version 2.0. It is available as an add-on for Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2003 and 2008.

The launcher is based on framework 3.5. To be sure I'll add a check upon launch to see if the user effectively has the right framework. If not? i'll point them towards the download page. Could supply it together with the launcher but I'd rather push forth the effort providing such a solution within an installer itself.

Do note that the base code of this launcher will be a part of the installer. It is only then you'll see a finalized version of the launcher itself. I'll expand on the idea of being able to switch back and forth stuff on the fly. The launcher will also serve as a platform for the user to figure out if there is a new master server patch and being able to download it. I've also been thinking about adding the following features to the final version; IRC, external server list + connector, mod tool launcher, and so on.

Also still having talks with several dudes how I should setup it's filestructure. Should it be kept all vanilla or should it all be unpacked and ran just from 1 simple command line (-rez AvP2) as apposed to a bunch of -rez blablabla.rez files (you can find these commands in avp2cmds.txt). It both has it's pros and cons.

The way it looks "now" is the way it's gonna be released very soon. Graphical shizzle has never been my department. I'll leave that up to someone who will pick this up. Graphical update for this thing is easily achieved in visual studio ... So have at it. As stated before. This is merely a proof of concept for people to learn from and actually rebuild it if they would like to do so.

I'm almost done with it. Going to fix the rez command line and add english and italian resources. After that I'll be pretty quiet 'til I've created an installer with all supported languages and required dependencies. From there on we'll see if I can actually add those features I've mentioned above. It depends on how much time I have left in a day to dedicate some of it to a project such as this. We'll see ...
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 11:22am by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #20 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post Print Post  

To do:

- Fix launcher checkboxes as they don't read if a value is set or not, they do however write values upon checkboxing.
- Rez command line input read and write like the traditional launcher(s).
- Wrap up language support and showcase an example method.
- Release it's source code to the public.
- Begin constructing the installer (with language support), prompting the user where to install files, extracts and eventually asks what language to display ingame.

Following:

- integrate an auto update feature in the launcher that automatically looks for a new MSP update and launcher update.
- Release the standalone installer + client.
- Add a server app starter function to the launcher.
- Add IRC features to the launcher
- Add an external server connector to the launcher.
- Release both the installer and launcher source code to the public.

Future thoughts:

Develop a new server app supporting someone's MSP.

Notes:

- Any questions about Primal Hunt master server will be ignored (nothing personal) by me.
At this time I have no solution for it, I can only provide an alternative and which is to make a PH mod.

- When is this stuff going to be released? When it's finished.

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #21 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
F4 wrote on Feb 16th, 2016 at 12:48pm:
Notes:

- Any questions about Primal Hunt master server will be ignored (nothing personal) by me.
At this time I have no solution for it, I can only provide an alternative and which is to make a PH mod.

- When is this stuff going to be released? When it's finished.

hey mr Z

I find your damn devilish idea I like it!

Primal Hunt Mod for avp2

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1455647213/0#0
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2016 at 6:33pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #22 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 9:27am
Print Post Print Post  
Launcher update:

- Checkboxes are fixed.
- Graphical update (using PH launcher bitmaps)

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 9:30am by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #23 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 1:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looking Fantastic man.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #24 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 8:58pm
Print Post Print Post  

joi people the destroyer was born
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 9:19pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #25 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 11:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wrapping up the language support and then gonna have to chit chat with the guys how we're gonna do the auto update thing.

Some eyecandy ...

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 11:14pm by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #26 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 2:37am
Print Post Print Post  
That's so cool. A launcher for both games.

I love it. If this can save me some desktop space (1 less shortcut) it would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #27 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 2:43am
Print Post Print Post  
Smiley GOOD JOB!

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #28 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 7:36am
Print Post Print Post  
question:
the internal menu of the game will be in English and italian?

I know that this depends in part on the master server

or i say wrong?
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2016 at 8:17am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

F4
Spawnkiller

Reply #29 - Feb 19th, 2016 at 9:39am
Print Post Print Post  
No sir. The master server has nothing to do with what language will be displayed or even heard through your client.
Unless cres.dll will be altered, the master server patch has no influence. Even if it would be changed over time. Support can be provided for it. It just requires a bit more work.

The files themselves are a part of your locally installed client. Mainly cres.dll and whatever is under "SOUNDS\" / "INTERFACE\" / "etc\".

I am still thinking how I'll approach this, either;

- languageITAL.rez file and add -rez languageITAL.rez  to the Customlauncher.txt/ CustomlauncherPH.txt file upon checkboxing.

- Simply a hidden folder called "LANGITAL" and add -rez LANGITAL to the Customlauncher.txt/CustomlauncherPH.txt upon checkboxing.

We will see. The principal is the same as that of a mod, the way I currently have things structured is just a tad different.

In short. Whatever you have checkboxed will be the language you desire it to be.

To make an AIO as "I" see it comes with it's complication. And these complications will have an impact on how user's will be able to use/enjoy the AIO. Some are puter savvy and can make perfect sense out of it. Some need their hand being held through the entire process.  Which I'm fine with since well ... I support people with puter shizzle every single day.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2016 at 10:10am by F4 »  

~Good day, sir!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print