Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic HD (4K) Textures (Read 5916 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

HD (4K) Textures
Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:06am
Print Post Print Post  
I finally found out how to get 4K textures to show up properly in AvP99/GE/Classic 2000.

These shots are taken in the multiplayer map Hive, an old one from the game's 1999 release. The first two are 4096x4096, the third image shows a 8192x2048 texture on the wall, the last one is a detail of that wall. All images are taken from in-game. The blood textures are taken from a 4K Blood mod for L4D2. Obviously, right-click and open in a new tab to see more detail.

It's kind of cool because the original game uses mostly 128x128 textures; even the good looking Redux mod by Mad Max RW used primarily 1024x1024 textures. The problem with these textures is the game can be finnicky with them. I'm not planning on retexturing any levels at this time because the degree of detail that I would require for the levels would be astronomical, since I would obviously make each polygon unique. But I wanted to share the fact that it's possible and some screens showing what it looks like.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: HD (4K) Textures
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 7:50am
Print Post Print Post  
Where is the DOWNLOAD LINK!!£"?$£%^

Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Re: HD (4K) Textures
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 1:57am
Print Post Print Post  
Lol, no download link. No public release. These are simply screenshots of test textures as this was just a proof of concept.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged