Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Help starting Drydock mod (Read 8045 times)
YetiYutani
Spawnkiller

Batman Vs. Predator

Help starting Drydock mod
Aug 2nd, 2016 at 4:16am
Print Post Print Post  
Guyyyzzzz, I need halp to start the new drydock mod downloaded from here. I placed it in my game's root file, and typed in the command-line like the read-me says. I'm wondering how to play this!

P.S. Lucifer, I don't understand what hell has to do with Aliens Vs. Predator 2  Shocked, and when does x-M-x, or even King Kenny (the guy with the Chuck Norris as Texas Ranger avatar) play? Sad Cheesy

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Re: Help starting Drydock mod
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 5:16am
Print Post Print Post  
YetiYutani wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 4:16am:
P.S. Lucifer, I don't understand what hell has to do with Aliens Vs. Predator 2

my nick or my avatar ?

i suppose you have not read the instructions, or you would not do this question.
What you do not understand these instructions?
-------------------------
DM Dry Dock - Version 1.0
-------------------------
there are 2 ways

Installation:
-------------

Make sure AvP2 is updated to the latest version, which is currently: 1.0.9.6.  The update patch can be found on any good games download site.

This map is heavily inspired by the first film and features the inclusion of the Nostromo resting in dry dock.  This release contains an option to use a custom made Alien skin or not use the new skin.  In order to use the skin, use INSTALL METHOD 1 outlined below.  If you just want to run the map without the custom skin, use INSTALL METHOD 2.  Regardless of which file you use, the map is exactly the same and no conflicts should occur when using with other players.

- - -

INSTALL METHOD 1: If you want to use DeathlyRyan's Alien skin with this map, then choose the drydock.rez file to install.
-----------------
Place the drydock.rez file in: 'C:\AliensVsPredator2\' root folder (Or where you have installed the game.).
Start the game; and in the Game Launcher's Main Menu select 'Options'. 
Enter (copy & paste, if you like) into the 'Command-Line' field:

-rez drydock.rez

Check the box marked 'Always specify these command-line parameters' to always load the map.
Return to the Game Launcher's Main Menu and select: 'Play'.  The game will then start with new custom components loaded. 
Go to the Multiplayer menu and select the map from those available in the list.

- - -

INSTALL METHOD 2: If you want to use the default Alien skin that comes with 'AvP2', then choose the dm_drydock.dat file to install.
-----------------
Place the dm_drydock.dat file in: 'C:\AliensVsPredator2\Maps\Worlds\Multi\DM\
You may have to create this directory structure.
Start the game; and in the Game Launcher's Main Menu select 'Options'. 
Enter (copy & paste, if you like) into the 'Command-Line' field:

-rez maps

Check the box marked 'Always specify these command-line parameters' to always load the map.
Return to the Game Launcher's Main Menu and select: 'Play'.  The game will then start with new custom components loaded. 
Go to the Multiplayer menu and select the map from those available in the list.

This map is intended for DM and preferably TDM multiplayer matches.  Also included with this release is an option to use a new custom Alien skin with the map.  As the map is heavily influenced by the first film, 'ALIEN',the skin is designed to appear like the creature from that movie.  This Alien skin was created by Deathly rYan.  Currently he is in the midst of a significant 'AvP2' graphics overhaul mod that has now been in development for over 12 months.  You can read more about it here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52185.0

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2016 at 6:40am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:35am
Print Post Print Post  
YetiYutani wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 4:16am:
P.S. Lucifer, I don't understand what hell has to do with Aliens Vs. Predator 2  Shocked, and when does x-M-x, or even King Kenny (the guy with the Chuck Norris as Texas Ranger avatar) play? Sad Cheesy

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 9:29am
Print Post Print Post  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

YetiYutani
Spawnkiller

Batman Vs. Predator

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
https://postimg.org/image/rqr9g8kh1/
I need heeeelllllppp!!!! I try like instructian say, I try like it says -rez drydock.rez - maybe try -rezdrydock.rez? I not able to get in this mod!!!
https://postimg.org/image/jpcrkhjxj/

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
The name of the rez file, is the actual name of the 'command line'

or open the folder, and find the 'DAT' file and just add that into your UMP2.

IP Logged