Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Need Help (Read 80510 times)
x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Need Help
Reply #45 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 10:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
k thx i got it, i'll let you know in a few hours about that model

Hang in there !

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #46 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 12:18am
Print Post Print Post  
trust me avp2 isnt a game worth giving up on even if I cant figure out how to host from home anytime at the lan I will be able to play with people there.  Would be cool if gameranger supported the command line for avp2 so we could run the custom maps.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #47 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 2:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wh1teReaper wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 at 12:18am:
trust me avp2 isnt a game worth giving up on even if I cant figure out how to host from home anytime at the lan I will be able to play with people there.  Would be cool if gameranger supported the command line for avp2 so we could run the custom maps.

Of course its not a game worth giving up on! a real classic! did you have a look at the link i gave you? try and find inbound/outbound section in there,

then you should be able to give FULL access to LAN and INTERNET.  Smiley

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #48 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 4:21am
Print Post Print Post  
hmm
not to sound like a dumb arce
but Cant seem to find it in that link.  Most of it just tells me the features of my router.  Although I will look through it even more.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #49 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 3:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hmmm,  i'll look for the other settings  Smiley

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #50 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 2:58am
Print Post Print Post  
hmm this is really mind boggling

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #51 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 6:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wh1teReaper wrote on Jul 1st, 2010 at 2:58am:
hmm this is really mind boggling 

Well, how about this, try and "LOOK" everywhere in your router till you find outbound/inbound

then let me know!! i think we can fix this problem, because the problem lies in inbound/outbound section im sure.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2010 at 6:27pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Otacon
Spawnkiller

Insert personal text

Reply #52 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 7:42am
Print Post Print Post  
Right, I couldn't be arsed reading through 4 pages so I just read the first post so don't be annoyed if this has already been said or what ever.  Grin

Anyway with that out the way, I understand you are trying to host a server that will be able to be accessed by both people who have lan set up at your house and also by anyone online? The next part will be going on this assumption anyway so if it's wrong disregard this post.  Wink

As far as I know you can't host a server that can be accessed by both lan and internet. The only way you could work round this is by setting up an internet server on one of the machines and make sure the rest of the lan network is hooked up to the pc hosting the server. Now I've never done this with more than 2 pcs at a time so I honestly have no idea if it would even work at the size you are after but I think it's your only shot.

I've only done this with a couple of games and sadly none of them were Avp but I did it with Call of Duty 2 and it allowed both me and my buddy in the same room to access the server and it allowed our other friends to play who were at their own home. Also the 2 machines that where in the same room didn't have any lag at all because I assume since it's using the same connection it doesn't lag but if you have about 20 people sharing the same connection it might bog it down and fuck things up.

Hopefully that gibberish is some help to you but if I totally missed the point just disregard me and move on.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #53 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 3:57am
Print Post Print Post  
Well I am glade for the help Otacon but the main goal is to get the game to show up on the online list so me and my friends can play online it only shows up on the lan list.  Everytime I try to host it online it never shows up.

IP Logged

Ras
Spawnkiller

Reply #54 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 3:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ok, this is a idea longshot... if you've already tried so then ignore me... anyway, a few days ago I found out that under my network adapter settings (I'm on Windows 7 here) having everything apart from Local Area Connection which included programs like Hamachi, disabled fixed a problem that I was having when it came to hosting/joining and even seeing online matches in some games.

Now I'm not an expert when it comes to all this online crap, ports, nat settings and what not, but you might want to have a look at that! Never know...

IP Logged

[AvP2]Seal
Spawnkiller

When i speak.... Everyone
listens~

Reply #55 - Jul 12th, 2010 at 3:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
^-----hmmm might be..? but i also think it's firewall related as well, Reaper have you turned off your router firewall and found inbound outbound sections aswel? has to be something in there..  Smiley

- Whoever wins... We lose (AvP)

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #56 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 12:02am
Print Post Print Post  
Router firewall is always off they never really work anyway.  I have software based firewalls which I already tried turning that off.  I have the ports open on my router.  I have put my router in the dmz zone.  I have however noticed that if i turn of NAT that the game sometimes freezes and wont host.  Im starting to wonder if this is a isp problem.  Anyone have TDS telecom that can try to host a game.

IP Logged

Otacon
Spawnkiller

Insert personal text

Reply #57 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 2:52am
Print Post Print Post  
Wh1teReaper wrote on Jul 12th, 2010 at 3:57am:
Well I am glade for the help Otacon but the main goal is to get the game to show up on the online list so me and my friends can play online it only shows up on the lan list.  Everytime I try to host it online it never shows up.

Wait a tick. All you are trying to do is host an online game then? I was sure one of your posts said you were trying to host a game that could be accessed by both lan and internet at the same time?

If all you are trying to do is host a plain old vanilla online server then it should be fairly easy to help.

Could you clarify either way?

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #58 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 3:05am
Print Post Print Post  
He's having problems tho, something is "Blocking" access to the main list.

Shocked

IP Logged

Wh1teReaper
Spawnkiller

I Love AVP !

Reply #59 - Jul 25th, 2010 at 1:22am
Print Post Print Post  
all i wanna do is host the game online but something is blocking it from hosting.  I can see all the servers in the list and join them but when I host my own vanilla server it doesnt show up in the online list.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print