Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Servers Gone? (Read 57839 times)
TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: Servers Gone?
Reply #45 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 5:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yeah, this reminded me why we don't release stuff. This thread is highly disappointing, perhaps also a bit disrespectful. People around here seem to think I'm some kind of fool.

KingKenny wrote on Jan 19th, 2015 at 8:54pm:

I don't know what gives you the right to comment on this. Where were you when the master server shut down last year? You haven't contributed a single thing to this game since it's release. I could say that ayleia has been more useful in the past two weeks than you have been in all your time around here. She's been the only one that actually cares about the continuation of this game. All other servers run unattended for years, a fact you probably weren't aware of. Ayleia is the only one I could trust with our legacy.

The TBBC servers always had unprecedented performance despite being run on only a fraction of our current bandwidth. TBBC servers only get better and faster while other servers deteriorated to unplayable proportions. Current bandwidth rates exceed all other servers combined. Without ayleia's ideas and help we would have closed our doors years ago.

That said, we reconsidered the discontinuation of our servers. Expect us.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #46 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
TBBC wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 5:41pm:
Yeah, this reminded me why we don't release stuff. This thread is highly disappointing, perhaps also a bit disrespectful. People around here seem to think I'm some kind of fool.

I don't know what gives you the right to comment on this. Where were you when the master server shut down last year?

Freedom of speech gives me the right. Plus it was a joke man. The master server moving to some seemingly unknown person that doesn't really post around the AvP2 community seemed like a mysterious figure taking control. Thus, I made the joke. I'm very sarcastic if you haven't noticed my humor.....

You do know that when the master server first went down (the original one) and lithfaq (herr alien and the one) helped create the master server patch, I was one of the testers for that patch to come out. Plus I helped out with the revisions.

You haven't contributed a single thing to this game since it's release. I could say that ayleia has been more useful in the past two weeks than you have been in all your time around here. She's been the only one that actually cares about the continuation of this game. All other servers run unattended for years, a fact you probably weren't aware of. Ayleia is the only one I could trust with our legacy.

You're barking up the wrong tree buddy. I've contributed tons of stuff to this gaming community since 2004, maybe even earlier. Where have you been? Some of my work has been publicized in gaming magazines and distributed on numerous websites. I've been running my mod site since at least 2004. It's hosted on this very website. I mean c'mon.... Roll Eyes

I'm not trying to be insulting, but I have no idea who Ayleia is. The name is completely unknown to me. That would be like if you said some guy named Steve is taking control of the MS. Like, who in the hell is Steve? It's just a first name?

I'm not being insulting. I appreciate your work. I've joined your servers numerous times. But seriously, relax. We're all here for the same reason.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #47 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post Print Post  

I don't know what gives you the right to comment on this. Where were you when the master server shut down last year? You haven't contributed a single thing to this game since it's release. I could say that ayleia has been more useful in the past two weeks than you have been in all your time around here. She's been the only one that actually cares about the continuation of this game. All other servers run unattended for years, a fact you probably weren't aware of. Ayleia is the only one I could trust with our legacy.

The TBBC servers always had unprecedented performance despite being run on only a fraction of our current bandwidth. TBBC servers only get better and faster while other servers deteriorated to unplayable proportions. Current bandwidth rates exceed all other servers combined. Without ayleia's ideas and help we would have closed our doors years ago.

That said, we reconsidered the discontinuation of our servers. Expect us.

Relax man.... he does have a point though.

And Kingkenny is one of the best avp modders around....  we're lucky he's still around to 'contribute' to this community.

just check his site for all the mods skins he's done over 10 years.... you cant just judge like that.

« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2015 at 6:32pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #48 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not trying to be insulting, but I have no idea who Ayleia is. The name is completely unknown to me. That would be like if you said some guy named Steve is taking control of the MS. Like, who in the hell is Steve? It's just a first name?

Still it's kind of insulting for the people who have been working tirelessly to keep this game running smooth for the last year and to get the master server back up as quick as possible while most of you just took it for granted and aren't even particularly active in the game. In the end you suggested that all of this work should be discarded and the controll of the master server given to someone else because the people you speak of are unknown or untrusted.

I can assure you the master server is in good hands, quite possible the best hands we have right now, so im sure this game will be fine for years to come.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #49 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
JP wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
Quote:

Still it's kind of insulting for the people who have been working tirelessly to keep this game running smooth for the last year and to get the master server back up as quick as possible while most of you just took it for granted and aren't even particularly active in the game. In the end you suggested that all of this work should be discarded and the controll of the master server given to someone else because the people you speak of are unknown or untrusted.

I can assure you the master server is in good hands, quite possible the best hands we have right now, so im sure this game will be fine for years to come.

I never took it for granted and I am active in the game. Just because I don't pop on a server doesn't mean I'm not playing. Most of the time I'm on singleplayer actually.

Where did I say all this work should be discarded? That's exactly opposite of what I want.

Where did I say control should be given to someone else? I made a joke saying are we sure this is the direction we should go?

A lot off accusations are being shot off at me, but I did make a valid point. The person is relatively unknown (I didn't say untrusted). She may be great for all we know, sure. But no one on this forum except for a select few who have inside baseball know what's going on. It's hard to say thanks to some mysterious figure for keeping the server up when there is no actual confirmation that this person even exists.

It would have been nice if the person stopped by on the forum or made some kind of official announcement to everyone in the AvP2 community saying "Hi, my name is ...... and I will be taking over the MS. If you have any questions please ask, etc." Then I would be like cool! Thanks for keeping the server up! But there was nothing, so I made a joke. Supposedly she stopped by and posted hi. IF that IS her, I said hi back. But who knows...

Seriously, you guys don't understand sarcasm with that objection post I made. Sigh... If I wanted to be insulting I would be 100% blatant and curse a person out or say something rude like thanks for nothing.

lol look at the post I made right after about Acid saying don't ban me and I posted that ban gif. IT'S A JOKE.......

IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #50 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 8:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Calm down people!!!!
Yeah Kenny I get your joke(sarcasm,I used sometimes),but sometimes people dont get point from your joke and can take it as insult.JP and TBBC just didnt "get" your joke and that is normal.
As for JP and TBBC,Kenny is right.He have rights to ask who is he/she.But even me and her haved lot of "fights" in this 5 months(after i get back to game)she is one of best people for MS.She was admin on TBBC and keeped game clean(from hackers) and playable.Fact is that TBBC was most played and when TBBC get offline lot of players wher like:"Game is gonna die,omg".Thats all from me  Smiley

IP Logged

Putmacher
SGB Developer

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #51 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
seems masterserver is down again? or just me ... are you sure you guys can handle it?
If you can not stabilize the masterserver and are unwilling to hand it over i will publish a patch with a new masterserver Wink
All i really want is just to secure avp2 and keep it playable!
I don't have anything against ayleia or tbbc. In fact I have great respect what you have done for the community.
If you sort it out and the community want's you to continue the masterserver i will accept that!
If you don't trust me talk to ayleia, she knows me. I'm member of the avp2 community since the beginning (with breaks in-between)
sorry, no offense intended against you tbbc  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2015 at 4:26pm by Putmacher »  

SGB server-side Modification creator
IP Logged

DT
Spawnkiller

Angry finn!

Reply #52 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
As far as I know, the server been up and running today just fine without any problems so far. When was it down? Been playing for almost whole day on and off. The problem was most likely on just at your end.

Im sure Ayleia is just fine with the master server, shes doing fine.

Huge thanks TBBC for putting your servers back online, already had some good fragfiestas there. Cheesy Lets get the ball running for the new patch, you know where to find me if you need testers as usual.

-DT
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2015 at 4:29pm by DT »  

IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #53 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
seems masterserver is down again ...

But the master server has been online with no downtime since it was set up on its new location..

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #54 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
It's currently working for me.

This site: http://89.167.22.131/avp/ is down though. It had the server list on it not too long ago.

IP Logged

DT
Spawnkiller

Angry finn!

Reply #55 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 5:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Jan 21st, 2015 at 5:15pm:
This site: http://89.167.22.131/avp/ is down though. It had the server list on it not too long ago.

That site been down for months, atleast for me. Either I'll check the list via ingame browser or the TBBC community client. Having a public chat with others is nice addition. Altho sometimes the talks heat up a bit.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #56 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 9:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
tbbc servers operative Cheesy yuppy

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

0neTrickMilenko
Spawnkiller

ain't no shame in my game

Reply #57 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 9:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well that's good news, thought it was going down for a moment.

" Hand 2 Hand - True Honor "

IP Logged

inziggidy
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #58 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 3:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
im extremely confused by all this.  Grin what exactly has changed or stopped working? I noticed there was a bunch of tbbc servers that went offline, now they've returned, is that all it is?

IP Logged

DT
Spawnkiller

Angry finn!

Reply #59 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 5:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
The host of the master server has changed, before it was TBBC, now its Ayleia. Everything else is the same as before.

Within coming weeks/few months you'll see a new patch coming, the fellas working on that will keep you posted.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print