Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic avp gold release: 8th January 2015 (Read 8606 times)
Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

avp gold release: 8th January 2015
Jan 26th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015 at 7:20pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: avp gold release: 8th January 2015
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post Print Post  
Not bad!

Why can't they just add the source code in one file i.e .zip?

Awkward bastards lol

Unless i'm blind.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post Print Post  
I think to make our lives more complicated.
p.s
rumors about a official master server open beta in gog time enstimed 2 or 3 day coming soon
p.p.s
avpc for mac
http://icculus.org/avp/
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:09pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Fox+Sega+GearBox lied to us
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 6:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
See for someone like Barry, he could really use the AvP2 source code to try and see if he can update it with a source port or similar project and make things even more interesting for the AvP community.

Matter of fact if anyone here does have that AvP2 source code, forget about sending it to me, please just send it to Barry, please.

This is his email btw: ***EMAIL REMOVED***

Maybe then he can look into it and see if there's really anything he could do to make new and more interesting features to further update AvP2. And if not, well at least we know he tried.

I mean c'mon now, the AvP2 Source Code release is what lead to the Master Server in the first place, I bet without that AvP2 online community would be completely dead and rotting other than at some LAN parties by now.

That way it would kind of bring back the spirit after what the hell Sega and Gearbox did with their unbelievable and unacceptabl mediocre Colonial Marines game.

Not even a SDK release for Aliens Colonial Marines and dropping total support, what a real damn shame.

Same goes for AvP 2010 not even a SDK or a Custom Map maker/editor of some kind even after they long stopped updating and releasing any more DLCs.

Gosh I'm getting so tired of the DLCs for profit model, they can keep that but give the community a chance to do what they like to create additional new and interesting content should they ever decide to completely drop support and updates for their game.  Sad Angry

****EDIT BY X-M-X****
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015 at 6:56pm by x-M-x »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 6:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
What's the matter with you?

first you said you wanted it  then you will give it to someone else... Barry?

I told you stop asking for it now you go and post someone's email public... and in 'large' text... 

Quote:
I mean c'mon now, the AvP2 Source Code release is what lead to the Master Server in the first place, I bet without that AvP2 online community would be completely dead and rotting other than at some LAN parties by now.

Yes the ms patch was made by the source... what of it? with the right people who have been in the community for years.

Now stop asking for it. (if you really want it go somewhere else)

Your very welcome here post idea's maybe do modding... etc but stop asking for the source.

(FINAL WARNING)

Give it a rest will ya.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015 at 7:04pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Fox+Sega+GearBox lied to us
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 6:58pm:
What's the matter with you?

first you said you wanted it  then you will give it to someone else... Barry?

I told you stop asking for it now you go and post someone's email public... and in 'large' text... 

Quote:

Yes the ms patch was made by the source... what of it? with the right people who have been in the community for years.

Now stop asking for it. (if you really want it go somewhere else)

Your very welcome here post idea's maybe do modding... etc but stop asking for the source.

(FINAL WARNING)

Give it a rest will ya.

I'm not the coder, I said forget about sending the code to me if they have and just forward it to the author of that AvP Gold update patch, don't you even read an try to understand it before quickly making an edit.

Barry is the author of this mod and page: http://homepage.eircom.net/~duncandsl/avp/

I don't have to wast my time with you I'lll ask around on torrents forums instead since you are of no help to me anyway. Matter of fact I'll quit after this since I find you unpleasant, rude and unwelcome. So there happy? Jeesh.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 7:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not the coder, I said forget about sending the code to me if they have and just forward it to the author of that AvP Gold update patch, don't you even read an try to understand it before quickly making an edit. 

It doesn't look good for you... i mean look at your name and asking for the 'source' is a no go around here well around any avp site - Good Luck

Quote:
Barry is the author of this mod and page: http://homepage.eircom.net/~duncandsl/avp/

I know who he is.. what of it? why couldn't he join n post why you? with a strange name 'end of avp games' ? fox lied to us?

Quote:
I don't have to wast my time with you

Yea you don't, im simply not giving the source to someone i don't know.

Quote:
Matter of fact I'll quit after this since I find you unpleasant, rude and unwelcome. So there happy? Jeesh.

So it makes me rude and unpleasant and unwelcome to protect this game?

I have not been rude/unpleasant/unwelcome at all towards you.

Good Luck in your search.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015 at 7:50pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged