Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1 (Read 61739 times)
TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: Issues With Master Server Patch 2.1
Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the feedback. The map issue is not on me guys. I fully support custom maps in the patch. Apparently there were some prominent figures who thought the maps should be removed. For what it's worth to them, it was either that or a divided community. I personally don't care if it's a map pack. Why would anyone care? If we disallow custom content, we might as well throw it all away and play on GameRanger. To me this patch means a lot more than getting the game running again. It was an opportunity to improve it. Maps can and should be a part of that. The size of the installer is obviously a non-issue. Our download speeds are hundreds of times faster than they were in 2001. Most connections will download a 50MB file in a matter of seconds.

It looks like no one is happy about the maps being removed. I think it's a good idea to hold a referendum on whether custom maps (preferably new ones) should be included. Everyone can express their opinion and if some prominent figures disagree, it's time to step out of the shadows and vote against it. This could motivate a new wave of map designers to create fresh content for the game. We could give them a few months of development time and then review the ones that made it into a final version. Of course the maps will be required to meet strict criteria or they will not be nominated.

KingKenny wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:21am:
Hey,
I'm hoping you can fix the menu lag I mentioned earlier. Oh also, you know how every time you join a server you spawn as an exosuit? That's been in the patch since the savior mod/beginning days. Is there a way to fix that? I recall it being a time issue or something?

The menu lag appears to be a rendering bug in LithTech. I'll look into it but I'm almost certain I won't be able to fix this. It's more pronounced on some hardware configurations but in most cases it's not much of an issue. The exosuit problem should be fixed since the 2.0 update.

inziggidy wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
I agree that there's official maps that are boring and no one plays, but also it's just plain unfair when one guy (JP) gets his (unofficial) map sneakily put into a compulsory update just because he's got the privelige of friends in high places. (TBBC?) If everyone has to download his map, why not force people to download all of UMP2 as well? Now there's an idea! (brilliant idea, KingKenny!)

I think you should blame it on the fact that no one else can be bothered to create new maps these days. Create a map that doesn't suck and I'll gladly include it. Including UMP2 is not an option. It's far too big and I doubt it's possible to crank 4GB into a single installer.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
TBBC wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:03pm:
It looks like no one is happy about the maps being removed. I think it's a good idea to hold a referendum on whether custom maps (preferably new ones) should be included. Everyone can express their opinion and if some prominent figures disagree, it's time to step out of the shadows and vote against it. This could motivate a new wave of map designers to create fresh content for the game. We could give them a few months of development time and then review the ones that made it into a final version. Of course the maps will be required to meet strict criteria or they will not be nominated.

Everyone isn't happy.. but the previous maps did have issues, and we did plan to remove them in an update few years ago.

Even i don't like the idea of the maps being removed but keeping it fair for everyone is the better choice. (no more conflict or bias etc)

If they want custom maps simply download UMP2/3.

The menu lag appears to be a rendering bug in LithTech. I'll look into it but I'm almost certain I won't be able to fix this. It's more pronounced on some hardware configurations but in most cases it's not much of an issue. The exosuit problem should be fixed since the 2.0 update.

Think I've seen that in 2.0.... not sure,  but so far in 2.1 i haven't seen it.

I think you should blame it on the fact that no one else can be bothered to create new maps these days. Create a map that doesn't suck and I'll gladly include it. Including UMP2 is not an option. It's far too big and I doubt it's possible to crank 4GB into a single installer.

Even if it was possible it cannot be done anyway... due to the fact if a new update comes out?

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:21pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I agree that there's official maps that are boring and no one plays, but also it's just plain unfair when one guy (JP) gets his (unofficial) map sneakily put into a compulsory update just because he's got the privelige of friends in high places. (TBBC?)

What privelige is that? Imp hunter was going to have his maps on the patch too, because we where the only ones who actually bothered to present some new playable content.
Were where all this mappers that are outraged by not having their maps on the patch? Did they even bother to create something worth playing and bug free in time for the patch? If you even cared about this topic before, which i doubt, you would have read that i even suggested that some of the best custom maps that have been around for years should be included in the patch

Quote:
if people want new maps, they can download ump2, if not then screw them.

Yea who cares about that non-ump-downloader scum

Quote:
If everyone has to download his map, why not force people to download all of UMP2 as well? Now there's an idea! (brilliant idea, KingKenny!)

Not sure if sarcasm or actually serious.

Well if people here are so reluctant of beeing forced to download custom content i suggest that we remove all custom modiffications on the comming patches and leave just the msclient so people can see the master server, this includes all anti-cheat stuff obviously, because from what im seing here people prefer playing the original bug and hacker filled game rather than a polished and much improved version. I have even heard players complaining how the ghost shots where removed for example and im sure people will complain  about the sniper stagger being removed now. And to even think that i suggested that the sniper should be nerfed... I guess that i need to start getting people to taste a bit of 2003 again.

All im hearing since yesterday are complains from people about the maps being removed, but i guess some e-mails from some big vip names, which i bet they play this game 5 minutes at most every month, are way more important than what the rest of the community wants and they should decide what everyone will play.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 6:05pm by JP »  

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:17pm:
Even i don't like the idea of the maps being removed but keeping it fair for everyone is the better choice. (no more conflict or bias etc)

If they want custom maps simply download UMP2/3.

You're missing the point. No one wants to download extra files to play custom maps. UMP servers are rarely played as it stands now. Players will be stuck with the old maps forever if we don't add some new ones. The bias issue is solved if we give every player equal chances to have their maps included. The community obviously wants more maps added to the patch so let them decide for themselves Tongue.

That's right community; Speak your mind!

x-M-x wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:17pm:
Even if it was possible it cannot be done anyway... due to the fact if a new update comes out?

I'm not entirely sure if I understand what you're trying to say here but I can't see it being a problem.

IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
As I said before,removing korari,waterstation and pods is huge mistake.I can put my right arm into fire that 90%  of new players thought it was official map and only thing that can make them think different is that monkey.Maps in MS were best of custom maps.This is too stupid,game is already on glass legs.There are bigger problem then your egos(and yes xMx this is fight of egos and MS is price).Instead of changing anything with game we should start looking at Windows 10 and trying to resolve Win 8 problems.Who the fucking care is someone map in MS.Leave MS as it was before and you already making UMP3 and I really dont see why the fuck are we trying to do here.Game is representing the best avp game ever and people are playing and having fun for 14 fucking years and now you will just destroy it because we cant get over three maps.We live in 21 century and only thing that can resolve this idiotism is referendum.Maybe you created MS and pull this game from hell but this game is for players and players should say what they think.Yes,we should bring that 90 players that actually play this should say yes or no for custom content and end of story.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:38pm by Acid »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #20 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
TBBC wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:00pm:
You're missing the point. No one wants to download extra files to play custom maps. UMP servers are rarely played as it stands now. Players will be stuck with the old maps forever if we don't add some new ones. The bias issue is solved if we give every player equal chances to have their maps included. The community obviously wants more maps added to the patch so let them decide for themselves .

That's right community; Speak your mind!

UMP Server was maxed out not so long ago... i see people on it daily.

TBBC wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:00pm:
I'm not entirely sure if I understand what you're trying to say here but I can't see it being a problem.

Look at it this way

MSP 2.1 + UMP3 in 1 .zip (thats great) seriously... but then msp 2.2 comes out...   upload that again with UMP3?  it will just confuse people... better to keep msp and ump separate having them in one pack isn't right..
(which i hope never happens)

Now add a few maps to the msp? that's another story. but more n more maps added it simply turns into a pack (Not everyone wants custom maps) i know you disagree on it... but i am sad that brokendream was left out too..

(but keeping it fair for everyone is the better option.) - so far the 2.1 patch has been downloaded over 700 times since it was released. (never seen 700 players in avp2 though lol)

Good Job TBBC.

Acid wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:32pm:
As I said before,removing korari,waterstation and pods is huge mistake.I can put my right arm into fire that 90%  of new players thought it was official map and only thing that can make them think different is that monkey.Maps in MS were best of custom maps.This is too stupid,game is already on glass legs.There are bigger problem then your egos(and yes xMx this is fight of egos and MS is price).Instead of changing anything with game we should start looking at Windows 10 and trying to resolve Win 8 problems.Who the fucking care is someone map in MS.Leave MS as it was before and you already making UMP3 and I really dont see why the fuck are we trying to do here.Game is representing the best avp game ever and people are playing and having fun for 14 fucking years and now you will just destroy it because we cant get over three maps.We live in 21 century and only thing that can resolve this idiotism is referendum.Maybe you created MS and pull this game from hell but this game is for players and players should say what they think.Yes,we should bring that 90 players that actually play this should say yes or no for custom content and end of story.

Try telling that to the people pissed off with more maps added. (that wasn't my doing) and i'm getting heat/shit for it... because a new map was added.....  then another oh look then another....  MSP is a patch to get the game online.

having a few maps ok... but adding more and more when will it end?  40 maps included into the msp? jesus christ.

Don't get me wrong... im all for custom content but i can see it being a problem in the near future.

I would love to see UMP3 with MSP together... but sadly it can't happen because the msp will be updated.

PH maps where added and brokendream is the biggest map.

I know everyone isn't happy... but still  (keeping it fair for everyone) UMP3 is round the corner and many will download that.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:52pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #21 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Try telling that to the people pissed off with more maps added.

Try telling that to the people that just found out they cant play on the maps they played for years now and  are raging since yesterday...

Quote:
MSP is a patch to get the game online

No it isnt... Its much more than that...  If that was the case then it would be called savior mod and we only would have the need to release 2 patches by now bot containing only the msclient.

We have the oppurtunity to release patches to fix and improve this game, ence the bug fixes and anti cheat systems, perhaps we should remove those too to please the people that are agaisnt custom content....

Quote:
I know everyone isn't happy... but still  (keeping it fair for everyone) UMP3 is round the corner and many will download that.

The whole point of putting custom maps in the patch is so people can play them on every server without having the trouble of downloading a mappack. If we are restricting these maps to ump then they can only be hosted on ump servers, which have a population of 12...

Quote:
but keeping it fair for everyone is the better option.

I dont see how is this fair in any shape or form... People arent able to play on the maps they want because someone sended an email.

And there is a huge difference in giving people the option to play the maps from taking that option away from them

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #22 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
JP wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:05pm:
Try telling that to the people that just found out they cant play on the maps they played for years now and  are raging since yesterday...

Right, try telling that to the people who wanted there maps in over the years.

No it isnt... Its much more than that...  If that was the case then it would be called savior mod and we only would have the need to release 2 patches by now bot containing only the msclient.

We have the oppurtunity to release patches to fix and improve this game, hence the bug fixes and anti cheat systems, perhaps we should remove those too to please the people that are agaisnt custom content....

It's always been called the master server patch/Savior mod - Same thing different names.

Fixing the game and adding custom maps are two completely different things my good man.

So your ok with your maps to be put in msp but not in UMP? bit ironic no?

The whole point of putting custom maps in the patch is so people can play them on every server without having the trouble of downloading a mappack. If we are restricting these maps to ump then they can only be hosted on ump servers, which have a population of 12...

Exactly, it's a great idea... but when more maps get added and im getting shit for it.. it's simply not on.

I dont see how is this fair in any shape or form... People arent able to play on the maps they want because someone sended an email.

And there is a huge difference in giving people the option to play the maps from taking that option away from them

Seeing as people have emailed me over the years with requests i cant make everyone happy but then they see new maps in the msp people tend not to let that slide fella.

removing all custom maps made it 'fair'  no more problems (until we can come to some sort of an agreement)

The games still around people play it for fun... i was on it for several hours before it's a laugh

Relax it's just a game not the the end of the world now.  Wink

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:29pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #23 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:27pm:
removing all custom maps made it 'fair'  no more problems (until we can come to some sort of an agreement)

Judge any maps wanted to be added, already said i'll give my time and experience to that.

Do it by committee and then submit finalists to public vote, limit approved maps per patch to "x maps to not exceed y size (in mb)", problem solved.

Committee reviews the maps for issues / design community votes for what they want to see in. Quality maps are filtered straight to the community to vote on.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:44pm by Imp Hunter »  

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #24 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
I uploaded a patch to my site with all previous maps included, except for brokendream and [dnd]hive. You can grab it from the front page. The TBBC servers have all maps reinstated. If you don't download this you may be unable to play. I doubt x-M-x will support it so that's the only place you can download it for now. TBBC servers will allow 2.0 users until this is resolved.

x-M-x wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:39pm:
Try telling that to the people pissed off with more maps added. (that wasn't my doing) and i'm getting heat/shit for it... because a new map was added.....  then another oh look then another....  MSP is a patch to get the game online.

What people? I'm starting to believe you are the only one that is against this Tongue.

IP Logged

inziggidy
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #25 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
a list of maps from I think deserve to be included and not forgotten about, there are probably more that I don't remember

=ARC=PREDATOR
avp_community_gallery
DE_DUST
DM_ANTARTICA
DM_BLOOD_RAIL
DM_DEPOT2
dm_doomedwasteland
dm_gcmc.klitter
TOXIC FEUD
DM_JUNGLE
dm_oo_predatortemple
dm_satanicsanctuary_war.machine
GHOSTSHIP
HANGERS2
LONDON_SEWER
rc_stronghold_of_tranquility_v2_15f      
THE_THING_V2
TDS_DM_POD
suk-stronghold      
suk-stronghold_2
gladiator
dm_oo_predatortemple
DM_OVERWATCH
DM_SMUGGLER
SNACKLAB
Evac_Gauntlet
evac-isolationchamber1.4
suk-stronghold_evac
TDM_HELLSGATE
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:03pm by inziggidy »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #26 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
TBBC wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:54pm:
I uploaded a patch to my site with all previous maps included, except for brokendream and [dnd]hive. You can grab it from the front page. The TBBC servers have all maps reinstated. If you don't download this you may be unable to play. I doubt x-M-x will support it so that's the only place you can download it for now. TBBC servers will allow 2.0 users until this is resolved.

Fully support it, (it was me who added brokendream Tongue)

What people? I'm starting to believe you are the only one that is against this

Yea it's only me that loves the idea to get rid of all the maps ... lol c'mon  Grin

Over the years via emails... but when you added storage yard? i didn't object to it.. but then i got a few more emails  then you plan to add more maps? by 1 person? it doesn't look good. then i know shit will get bad...

I've always wanted to see DM_Industry in the msp for years... but still cant please anyone.

(i'll send you a list of what maps could be added later)

inziggidy wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
list of maps from I think deserve to be included and not forgotten about, there are probably more that I don't remember

suk-stronghold
=ARC=PREDATOR
avp_community_gallery
DE_DUST
DM_ANTARTICA
DM_BLOOD_RAIL
DM_DEPOT2
dm_doomedwasteland
dm_gcmc.klitter
TOXIC FEUD
DM_JUNGLE
dm_oo_predatortemple
GHOSTSHIP
HANGERS2
LONDON_SEWER
THE_THING_V2
TDS_DM_POD      
suk-stronghold_2
gladiator
dm_oo_predatortemple
DM_OVERWATCH
DM_SMUGGLER
SNACKLAB
Evac_Gauntlet
evac-isolationchamber1.4
suk-stronghold_evac
TDM_HELLSGATE

DEPOT 2 MAN!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:03pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #27 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:12pm
Print Post Print Post  

inziggidy wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
=ARC=PREDATOR
avp_community_gallery
DE_DUST
DM_ANTARTICA
DM_BLOOD_RAIL
DM_DEPOT2
dm_doomedwasteland
dm_gcmc.klitter
TOXIC FEUD
DM_JUNGLE
dm_oo_predatortemple
GHOSTSHIP
HANGERS2
LONDON_SEWER
THE_THING_V2
TDS_DM_POD
suk-stronghold      
suk-stronghold_2
gladiator
dm_oo_predatortemple
DM_OVERWATCH
DM_SMUGGLER
SNACKLAB
Evac_Gauntlet
evac-isolationchamber1.4
suk-stronghold_evac
TDM_HELLSGATE

DE_DUST,SNACKLAB,avp_community_gallery.This is joke,right?Korari and pods where in spirit of original avp2 maps.If you wanna DE_DUST play CS and avp community gallery is just for fun.Gameplay sucks on it.

I uploaded a patch to my site with all previous maps included, except for brokendream and [dnd]hive

So what MS should we use now?

IP Logged

inziggidy
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #28 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
DE_DUST,SNACKLAB,avp_community_gallery.This is joke,right?Korari and pods where in spirit of original avp2 maps.If you wanna DE_DUST play CS and avp community gallery is just for fun.Gameplay sucks on it.

Ehh? de_dust is awesome even if it is from another game, koraricompound is good but suffers from bouts of inexplicable lag and the gallery map is awesome on looks alone. I've had some fun survivor and Hunt games on it too.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #29 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
I uploaded a patch to my site with all previous maps included, except for brokendream and [dnd]hive.

What's wrong with those maps? (its not all previous maps if you didn't include those two)

Acid wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:12pm:
So what MS should we use now?

This will now confuse people.

too many people will have too many different versions.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:21pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print