Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Locked Topic Patch Test (Read 61541 times)
TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: Patch Test
Reply #15 - May 4th, 2015 at 7:16pm

Lucifer wrote on May 3rd, 2015 at 6:15am:
talking of "costum resolution" a small file exe done in the past by Geran
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dcpc5aa81qd6dom/changeRes.exe

So how exactly is this file useful?

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #16 - May 4th, 2015 at 8:26pm

I updated the file.

Changes:

- Fixed ClearType for all fonts.
- Added suk-hadleyshope by Imp Hunter.
- Restored the splash screen.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #17 - May 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm

TBBC wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
I updated the file.

Changes:

Good job.

But didn't imp hunters map have some bug/issue with it ??? or did he fix it?

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #18 - May 5th, 2015 at 3:11am

TBBC wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
I updated the file.

Changes:

Font is good now.

Imp's map.....awesome.

Um, the splash. I'm confused. I have to admit I actually open up the rez file and peek around. Why is there a splash.pcx in there? I compared it to the default splash. You just resized it to be double the original size. This doesn't increase the quality of the image you know? It would resize accordingly to whatever res the player is using. Stuff like this is useless filler in the patch. Just an extra 1.1mb of unneeded files.

The models predkneel and predfixed4_2_FINAL, etc Are they being used in a map? One of JP's? I didn't notice where they were placed.

Btw, the Morai map, while I like it, its not really AvP2 themed. I don't think it fits the theme of all the other maps. All the other maps are fine theme wise.

Acid would agree with me:

Acid wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:46pm:
So are custom maps gonna be in MS or not?

JP Moria is great,if we judge screenshots.Map would be better if marines would be changed to humans,elves and dwarfs and sniper changed to bow,pulse to sword,shotgun to axes.And drone changed to orcs,predaliens to trolls and praetorians to balrogs.

It's much more of Lord Of The Rings style map than AvP2. The maps should keep a consistent theme right? If not I'd vote for SW_Deathstarv2 to be in there.

Also can there be more variety in the maps added? I'm glad to see the maps are back but JP has 3 of his maps in there now; much more than anyone else. It would be nice if there were a mix of authors included.

Like 1 map from Psykore, 1 from Hevoc, 1 from Windebieste, 1 from Redclaws, etc. Not even them, just a mix of authors. Not that JP's maps are bad (I do like them), but cmon, showcase a little of everyone.

There were a lot of suggestions here: http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1426112297/0#0

I would add dm_Snacklab (a fan favorite), dm_industry (another fan favorite and perfect setting). A few others mentioned these on that thread as well. DM_Orion is another good one (Psykore's map).

Also I notice that these new maps use a lot of custom textures and audio files. It might be better to add 10 dat files (maps without custom textures/sounds) than add 2-3 maps full of custom content. You could feature a lot more maps this way without making the download so big. The wav files alone can be massive. Pretty much all the custom maps that were originally added lacked custom textures and sounds.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #19 - May 5th, 2015 at 7:25am

TBBC wrote on May 4th, 2015 at 7:16pm:
So how exactly is this file useful?

It adds some modern resolutions  (The most common)
4: 3 & 16: 9  for 64-bit os
we can  update changeres by geran add more resolutions make it compatible for the 32-bit
add an option to choose whether to start the game in windowed mode or less for new os.
this is russian version of changeres
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3n28sBr7mbvOE9vQU5pRy1xdkk&usp=sharing
talking about full screen on windows 8 anything yet. Experiments made by Geran with wm-ware did not give good results in terms of performance and stability.
I am conducting some experiments with dosbox to solve this annoying problem.
I hope to bring good news in the future
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2015 at 7:58am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #20 - May 5th, 2015 at 9:14am

Will grab the beta and test tonight.

Cheers for adding Hadleys. At release sUk Hadleys was thoroughly tested and believed to be bug free but as with all things some bugs may have slipped through unnoticed. If anyone finds a bug in my maps or would like them modified for inclusion in the patches (I know sUk Stronghold 2 was up for debate) let me know and i will make changes as needed.

I'm also willing to make changes to other peoples maps provided the community wants it and the .ed file is available.

And of course if any aspiring / established mappers want a hand with something just give me a shout.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #21 - May 5th, 2015 at 9:28am

TBBC. after checking that 'update' i have now seen your adding a lot of 'shite' to the msp.....  wav files ? models? splash????  i thought you removed it.

Adding maps is one thing, but now adding more useless stuff that is not needed... it's slowly turning into  mod. and that is not how it is... Also if you want to add a good amount of maps, you need to focus on 'DAT' files... it save's time and not messy, that would be the better option.

originally it was a patch... then we added a few maps (which is fine) now i see your trying to adjust a splash? even tho it didn't work out. and upon checking this file (didn't check before) i now see wav files models?

so your pushing more and more maps to be added.... now its 162mb? 0_o

no offence to JP and other mappers out there but why cant he make a map pack? or wait for UMP3?  - Remember, add the decent maps or new ones don't go crazy (imp hunters new map is a good addition)

adding some maps is ok,  (but if this msp plans to have over 30 maps then it defeats the purpose of calling this a 'patch' lol

adding a splash? NO CHANCE
adding music/wav files/models? what the hell? (unless map related)

The patch is originally to cater players to 'SIMPLY' get the game online, original file size was around 2mb then in the end we maxed it to 25mb/30? now it seems you want to edit this and edit that...  that has nothing to do to get the game online why would you edit a splash? or edit fonts? add wav files? (i assume... these models/wav files etc are map related?)

Don't get me wrong man, i get it.. you want to make something/edit things... but if that's the case go and make a mod?... Don't mess with the most important file this game requires... we've never had issues in the past. but seriously i doubt people want to download a 200+mb file in the future (to simply play online)  UMP3 is around the corner, you really believe not many will download it?  Tongue (and it is coming I've spoken to him recently the author of 'UMP')

I will have to check every file now carefully before i 'publish' it' online.

Still keep up the good work! this patch needs fixes etc not eye-candy fancy shit.

Imp Hunter wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 9:14am:
Will grab the beta and test tonight.

Cheers for adding Hadleys. At release sUk Hadleys was thoroughly tested and believed to be bug free but as with all things some bugs may have slipped through unnoticed. If anyone finds a bug in my maps or would like them modified for inclusion in the patches (I know sUk Stronghold 2 was up for debate) let me know and i will make changes as needed.

I'm also willing to make changes to other peoples maps provided the community wants it and the .ed file is available.

And of course if any aspiring / established mappers want a hand with something just give me a shout.

Awesome! if any of your maps are bug free, then they can be added!

by the way, you are going to edit someone else map? lol got permission dude? lol

« Last Edit: May 5th, 2015 at 9:34am by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #22 - May 5th, 2015 at 10:54am

x-M-x wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 9:28am:
by the way, you are going to edit someone else map? lol got permission dude? lol

Usually when someone releases a .ed file its an open invitation to edit the mappers original work. I released stronghold 1, 2 and hadleys .ed file for anyone to edit, take parts from etc so long as they cite me in their readme.

If a .ed file is unreleased i will try to reach out to the original author to source it and permission to make the edits.

Now this is all assuming there is even anything to edit, i'm simply putting my services forward with the assumption that the .ed files are available.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #23 - May 5th, 2015 at 11:02am

Imp Hunter wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 10:54am:
i'm simply putting my services forward with the assumption that the .ed files are available.

How nice of you.  Wink

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #24 - May 5th, 2015 at 11:57am

Imp Hunter wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 10:54am:
Usually when someone releases a .ed file its an open invitation to edit the mappers original work. I released stronghold 1, 2 and hadleys .ed file for anyone to edit, take parts from etc so long as they cite me in their readme.

If a .ed file is unreleased i will try to reach out to the original author to source it and permission to make the edits.

Now this is all assuming there is even anything to edit, i'm simply putting my services forward with the assumption that the .ed files are available.

Yea true lol, good man!

IP Logged

TBBC
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #25 - May 5th, 2015 at 4:30pm

I'm not going to have this discussion again. You guys are some ungrateful pieces of shit. I don't see a reason to bother anymore. All you guys do is bitch and bitch but never produce anything worthwhile. I'm done here.

Perhaps if you think for a moment, you will figure out what the extra files are for.

Update is released: (***LINK REMOVED***)

All [TBBC] servers are updated with the new version. Whatever you guys do is up to you. This is the last update.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2015 at 1:29am by x-M-x »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #26 - May 5th, 2015 at 5:23pm

TBBC wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 4:30pm:
I'm not going to have this discussion again. You guys are some ungrateful pieces of shit. I don't see a reason to bother anymore. All you guys do is bitch and bitch but never produce anything worthwhile. I'm done here.

Perhaps if you think for a moment, you will figure out what the extra files are for.

Update is released: (***LINK REMOVED***)

All [TBBC] servers are updated with the new version. Whatever you guys do is up to you. This is the last update.

And here we go again... seriously whats the matter with you???? you did this last time... you snapped at kingkenny now you snapped again at me or kingkenny or both or everyone??

I even praise your work, and yet your like this? well that was uncalled for... and you my friend have just burned your bridge.

No need for that kind of hostility at all.

cya
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2015 at 1:29am by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #27 - May 5th, 2015 at 6:43pm

lol wtf?... i tought the community made it clear that they wanted custom maps... why is everyone complaining about custom wavs and sounds? of course some custom maps have custom stuff and he has a very good point. every time i see master server thread all i see is ppl complaining about "you changed this", "you added that", he is obviously doing a great effort to fix this game and all i see people saying "i dont want".
If it wasnt for this bullshit here i bet we didnt even need a new patch now.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2015 at 7:19pm by JP »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #28 - May 5th, 2015 at 6:59pm

JP wrote on May 5th, 2015 at 6:43pm:
lol wtf?... i tought the community made it clear that they wanted custom maps... why is everyone complaining about custom wavs and sounds? of course some custom maps have custom stuff and he has a very good point. every time i see master server thread all i see is ppl complaining about "you changed this", "you added that", he is obviously doing a great effort to fix this game and all i see paying saying "i dont want".
If it wasnt for this bullshit here i bet we didnt even need a new patch now.

Exactly lol, not sure whats wrong with him. (i just made a point) i even praised his work.

I even liked the idea with imp's maps gonna be featured etc... totally messed up

but meh w/e - He said he's done, that's his choice.

IP Logged

Imp Hunter
Spawnkiller

And yet it maps...

Reply #29 - May 5th, 2015 at 8:38pm

Can someone clearly state the added files and issues involved please.

Some cool heads on both sides are needed for any progress to be made either way, at the moment im just seeing tables being flipped.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print