Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Locked Topic Official avp2 client (Read 143197 times)
thecanonmaster
Unblooded

g_pLTClient

Re: Official avp2 client
Reply #45 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 11:56pm

I see new launcher the next way:

1) Server manager with 3 lists: Master Server (TBBC's list), Favorites (your own list), Featured (list comes from web-site, especially for "the best servers" and servers without master server support )
2) Smart mod detection: launcher automatically detects server mod, maybe scans for installed mods and launches AVP2 with proper command line options (mod database comes from web-site).
3) Simple chat, online player list, player status (playing on XXX server)
4) Some additional options for servers (basically command line tricks, database comes from web-site)
5) News (come from web-site)
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2015 at 2:02am by thecanonmaster »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #46 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 9:53pm

Sounds Awesome man!

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #47 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 4:49pm

x-M-x wrote on Jun 17th, 2015 at 9:53pm:
Sounds Awesome man!

yes Sounds good man!

to your attention Thecanonmaster
a little experiment using your connector (old version) to start even Primal Hunt and primal hunt mods not only avp2.
http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1423573767
I point out that this old version
also solves a problem with modern firewall and the new antiviruss
in some cases the script within the ph ms beta could be blocked by antiviruss.
the real-time protection sometimes could block the process terminating abnormally the setup .

I had in mind one single list of official servers but why not 3 yes.
we could give a little retro luck back in the main site by recacalling an old arcade machine with 3 screens

chat by entering the nickname would allow not only the census of new players but also the oldest.
We could also give the opportunity by recording even less experienced players to create their own lobby and invite their friends into it.
a sort of square where official invite their friends to play but also to give the posibility to those who are more experienced to create their own personalized mod and to be able to deploy in a legal and free to the community.
I'd also like to take a census of the original copies of some kind of registration
to also give the possibility to lovers of the series to be able to register his copy authentic only for the preservation of the historical archives.
p.s do you like idea of retro look for official site?

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:49am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

thecanonmaster
Unblooded

g_pLTClient

Reply #48 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:08am

I am not web-developer, so if something web based need, I am not your guy  Smiley

There are always more than 1 list in game web browsers: regular list and favorites. I agree that 3 lists are little confusing, but you do not need to use all lists. For regular player master server list is enough.

Didn't get what about old connector. Some kind of issue?

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:09am by thecanonmaster »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #49 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:54am

thecanonmaster wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:08am:
Didn't get what about old connector. Some kind of issue?

work perfect expecially for old avp2 vanilla version & ph.
enable port firewall this is good!
issue?  nickname not selectable,
autoupdate its not operative,
enable multiple login

thecanonmaster wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 11:56pm:
3) Simple chat, online player list, player status (playing on XXX server)

a simple chat or maybe we can use an external program for exemple team speak 3
some people like talk and play
You could just talk with your team without stopping to type.
Downside is that you'd have to host it or find a public one, sort the teams into one channel and not everyone has a mic & TS.

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 11:58am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

thecanonmaster
Unblooded

g_pLTClient

Reply #50 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 11:56am

For name change you should configure plugin (set path to game profile)
Yeah, auto-update is offline for long time  Wink

Because..I don't have time for such advanced features. Maybe it will good to use TBBC's chat (IRC).

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #51 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 1:20pm

thecanonmaster wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:08am:
3 lists are little confusing

true a bit confusing but LMAO fascin me .

The Number Three is the symbol of the ternary, the combination of three elements. The ternary is one of the more esoteric symbols. First odd number, because the one is not considered symbolism meaning number 3 treun number, Tre is deeply active and possesses a great energy force. It is the symbol of reconciliation for its unifying value. In fact much separates the two as the three together. Its geometric expression is the triangle, symbol of the return of the original multi-unit, two separate points in space, they assemble and gather at a third point located higher up.
Furthermore, the ratio of the triad with the unit can be expressed by an equilateral triangle, or the identity of the three, where in each of the three corners otherwise indicated is given whenever the entire triad. It is the first issue of harmony, conflict resolution dualistic, and is therefore considered a perfect number. The Three opens the way of mediation and exits antagonism, passing the partial and reductive dualism, as two elements that can not be reconciled with the aid of a third element. The triad summarizes the opposite poles of the dyad. The number three is therefore a symbol of vitality and root for each additional manifestation of the operations of the One in the otherness of the manifold. In mythology and worship is an expression of the Trinity (a meeting of the gods in groups of three), as a symbol of the substantial unity.
thecanonmaster wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 11:56am:
For name change you should configure plugin (set path to game profile)
Yeah, auto-update is offline for long time  Wink

Because..I don't have time for such advanced features. Maybe it will good to use TBBC's chat (IRC).

i think yes but spoke whith tbbc first.
why not a fusion betwin 2 different connectors?

alternative way?
http://www.hydrairc.com/
irc chat could also be used to manage various dowload separately without burdening the server more than necessary.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:09pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

geran
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #52 - Jun 27th, 2015 at 11:03pm

Lucifer wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 1:20pm:
alternative way?
http://www.hydrairc.com/
irc chat could also be used to manage various dowload separately without burdening the server more than necessary.

I'm using hydra irc for other irc servers aswell
if you type this into hydra irc, you're connected

/server irc://62.45.158.148:6666
/j #avp2

(Note: replace the ip with tbbcbase dot net - the forum changed the link)

There are also some irc clients for android.
A good one without advertising is  "AndChat".

inziggidy wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:46pm:
players can't start up their own mini server

There are over 30 servers of which 2 or 3 have people playing on it.
I dont think we need more since there is a server for any game mode with any maps you want which have an average speed.
If you want to be private you can always play via lan mode over an tunnel/vpn - i havent tested it recently but normally it should work.

inziggidy wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 4:46pm:
, and the entire game is basically now under the boot of TBBC 

TBBC made a great server application - it bans everything non vanilla or anything uncommon and some "bad" ip's (?). Sometimes its a bit too aggressive in banning users but still better than the other servers with hackers.
And maybe it depends a bit on the hosting but the performance is great too. Its playable oversea and on mobile connections with less than 100ms while other servers have a ping of ~250ms +/- 50 for everyone. i have no clue who exactly (other than someone named TBBC obv) programmed it but he or she did a good job.
I guess its just a communication problem most people have.
And i dont think its bad to have someone like TBBC working on the master server since they did a good job on the server software.
And there are still the russian dudes brewing their own beer.

TBBC wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 5:15pm:
One of you took it a step further

Sure you get banned if you intend to crash stuff or hack and talk shit - i dont know what happened with the gore spam and such but
i dont think its ok to ban someone (fixing the game) IF theres no one on the server playing and if its not clear that it isnt the same person spamming the forum.
TBBC has many people which want to do damage - banning someone for what a group did (and in a positive matter) isnt ok.

About the Connector:

I dont think its a good idea to include a chat or teamspeak into the surface of any client by default - maybe configurable as plugin or a tab which you can enable and disable or simmilar.
Maybe its possible to add a button for irc's or teamspeak servers (teamspeak has a chat in it aswell) to the connector as a plugin - all you need is a button to start the default irc program or teamspeak.
Both support the use of command line switches (e.g: "path/to/hydrairc.exe //62.45.158.148:6666").
The advantage of plugins would be that everyone could add the stuff they want, disable it if not or if it causes bugs or whatever and the advantage of not including stuff like chats is that you're not bound to the inbuild code - if any external program improves, your code allows the other features.

I sill use the connector because its lightweight, small and very configurable: you can add your preferred servers with the fitting includes (ump2 for ump servers, ajl, pbt, theoretically primal hunt), set the working directory via setup, change the order by editing the server.txt and its bug tolerant.

The only "downside" is that you have to add servers manually.
It would be perfect if you could automatically import the entries with a default cmd by polling the master server.
One visual bug i found is that the three buttons disappear when starting the connector and pressing <Tab>.
But i really like it so far - kudos.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #53 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:08am

geran wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 11:03pm:
I dont think its a good idea to include a chat or teamspeak into the surface of any client by default - maybe configurable as plugin or a tab which you can enable and disable or simmilar.
Maybe its possible to add a button for irc's or teamspeak servers (teamspeak has a chat in it aswell) to the connector as a plugin - all you need is a button to start the default irc program or teamspeak.

Exatly Geran! maybe not all have a microfone or
maby  dont like talk and play but im shure some people like this.
maybe a botton for connect / dowload last ts and a little window or prewiev of team speak for see if there are people inside vocal chat server . (and if server have or dont have a
team speak avanable and his latency)
geran wrote on Jun 27th, 2015 at 11:03pm:
One visual bug i found is that the three buttons disappear when starting the connector and pressing <Tab>.
But i really like it so far - kudos.

I noticed when accessing the russian's server AVP2 team fortress mod  the server accepts the codes in the cd original entry.
There is also a mutual relationship
between the operation of the keys of primal hunt and those of normal AVP2
a ph key inside contains a key AVP2
not the reverse
a normal avp2 key can not contain a expansion key.

anyway game and expansion installed in a different lenguage then english have some inusues whit keyboard in a different os installed in a different lenguage .
the default taunt botton for exemple can give strange  anomalie in some case.
charatters and keyboard work perfect if game and os are in the same lenguage.
(clear type except)

recall topic
AvP Unknown Forum › General › Aliens vs. Predator 2 Master Server › Patch Test
closed for flame.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2015 at 10:08am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

thecanonmaster
Unblooded

g_pLTClient

Reply #54 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 9:21pm

My yet-not-ready version of new server-mod-manager-shit. Clickable.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #55 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 9:29pm

Looks awesome.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #56 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:48am

There is a command line option?

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #57 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 11:29am

why limit only channel #avp2 ? can be used on #avp1 or #avpc?
a sort of bridge a gate betwin  2 ore more different games  inside  differnt channels.
avp classic 2000 and avp2 and  all mods derivated from this game alj ph etc..
all pure and impure.
officials and not officials.

why not avp 1,2,3 all in one Cheesy
a single entity alien vs predator net
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:35pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

thecanonmaster
Unblooded

g_pLTClient

Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:32pm

KingKenny wrote on Jul 9th, 2015 at 12:48am:
There is a command line option?

Yes, you can specify custom command line (Advanced Options).

I like Geran's idea to make chat optional, that is why chat will be on one of the tabs.

As for player names, I don't why it happened  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:33pm by thecanonmaster »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #59 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 2:03pm

Fantastic development man! i'll do a news post on this once you got it released and uploaded.

cheers

x-M-x

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print