Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Marine's Orbital Level Adapted For The Alien (Read 7100 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Marine's Orbital Level Adapted For The Alien
Oct 7th, 2015 at 8:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Hey everyone, I just got AVP's interface engine (Inteng) to work, which means I can start editing and making levels. I made a quick adaptation of the marine's fourth mission, Orbital, for the alien, simply so I can get a feeling for how to work with Inteng. I like to think that this takes place between the Ferarco level and Gateway level, where the alien makes a pit-stop to the Odobenus dropshop, which is well-defended but under siege by predators. The changes to the original marine level consisted mostly of just adding bots, moving the starting location and mission end, as well as removing some triggers. So I'd like to ask you all to try out the level and let me know what you think.

Here's how to add the level to your game. Locate your AVP folder (default location is YourDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens vs. Predator Classic). Once there, open up your avp_rifs folder. Locate the file called Temple.rif and rename it to TempleORIGINAL.rif or something to that effect. Then download my zip (link below); in it is a file called Temple.rif. Copy and paste this into your avp_rifs folder. Now when you select the first Alien mission in-game, you should be playing the new version of Orbital. To return to normal, just rename or delete the new file and retitle your old Temple level back to Temple.rif.

Let me know what you think of this adaptation and if you encounter any bugs/glitches. I should warn you to not load any saved game you have on Temple as the game will probably crash.

Link: http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/maps/orbital_a.zip

The only problem I know of already is that the alien can get stuck trying to get out of the very opening escape pod. To get out, you need to crawl on the walls just enough to trigger the doors to open, and then leap out. If you try to just wall-crawl it, you'll probably get stuck. This is a problem with the original map itself. All I altered were the contents of the map in Inteng; fixing that issue would require editing the map's structure in 3DS Max. Thanks!

Screenshots:

And finally, my favorite image of this set.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2015 at 7:40am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Marine's Orbital Level Adapted For The Alien
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 1:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Tools? like DEdit but for Avp Classic?

Need those tools man!

Smiley

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 3:13am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for all the help, x-M-x. I can upload to the host now. Got those tools uploaded right away.

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1444287559
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2015 at 7:02am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2015 at 11:31am
Print Post Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 11:48am
Print Post Print Post  
Damn man, you owned all them.

btw i forgot to ask you, is there like a super HD texture pack for this game on classic? didn't see it listed in your threads.

unless i'm a blind old man.

0_o ?? lol

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 7:43am
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Dec 30th, 2015 at 11:48am:
btw i forgot to ask you, is there like a super HD texture pack for this game on classic? didn't see it listed in your threads.

0_o ?? lol

It exists but it's not public property. I wouldn't upload it without his express permission, and its upload on ModDB is safe. I have a thread on it in the Tutorials section.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2015 at 7:43am by Olde »  

Quote:

IP Logged