Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Anarchy Arcade (Read 56636 times)
Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Re: Anarchy Arcade
Reply #15 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry for being a negative Nancy, but what exactly would be the point of this? You'd boot up a program to start AVP2 or a ROM that you already have? Anarchy Arcade is just a 3D desktop, why not just open the game you want to play via your normal desktop? I mean, obviously if you could create a lounge area or something it might be nice to get friends in, but as you all know, the AvP2 crowd is the antithesis of nice.

Argh, this hurts my head...

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #16 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 11:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Oct 24th, 2015 at 10:38pm:
Sorry for being a negative Nancy, but what exactly would be the point of this? You'd boot up a program to start AVP2 or a ROM that you already have? Anarchy Arcade is just a 3D desktop, why not just open the game you want to play via your normal desktop? I mean, obviously if you could create a lounge area or something it might be nice to get friends in, but as you all know, the AvP2 crowd is the antithesis of nice.

Argh, this hurts my head...

yes olde its same but are 2 different concept.
As in introduction, anarchy comes from the greek word that translates as "without ruler" (α- (a-) means "no" [privative alpha], the root αρχή- (first principle) can be translated as "government", also if the specific meaning would "command", "order", "power")

The word Anarchy was and is sometimes improperly used to describe the chaos in the primordial mythological significance and situations of social disorder therefore illegal, often borrowing their meanings chaos understood in the physical sense of the entropic disorder.

Entropy is always synonymous with chaos, dispersion. Entropy is the disorder that gives rise to the transformation towards the creative act.
It is from this transformation by which we are attracted. In the moment of realization of a project there is room for change that allows the object itself to take endless configurations in space. At the end only one will be the solution; as a mathematical formula, that is apparently rigid, but it is the most complete to exist. And it is the boundary between the finished object, and what could be, to fascinate us, the act of transformation of the material.

ps
i dont undestand if you disagree concept and if you like my idea. Huh
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2015 at 1:44pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #17 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 8:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer wrote on Oct 25th, 2015 at 11:31am:
i dont undestand if you disagree concept and if you like my idea. Huh

I don't understand what your idea is. You're moderately tech-savvy, surely you can follow that YouTube video to create a room that has an AvP2 launcher to demonstrate to us.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #18 - Oct 25th, 2015 at 9:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Oct 25th, 2015 at 8:22pm:
I don't understand what your idea is. You're moderately tech-savvy, surely you can follow that YouTube video to create a room that has an AvP2 launcher to demonstrate to us.

no olde im very novice.
would like to create a sort of a cloud node.
a room preconfigured with all these titles.
accessible to anyone an alien vs predator virtual room .
the various nodes are accessible in local even if they are a bit slow to dowload first time.
in the second part of the video I just copied a drop (an arcade machine counter strike source already exists) and only changed the local connection.
I have not yet figured out how to create your own node.
I could not figure out how to create and customize an arcade machine from scratch.
I suppose to create a visible node is necessary to create a dedicated server.
or at least in theory.
I believe this will be possible to do so in the next updates.
I was impressed by the fluidity of HL1 and AVP2 run with this emulator.
but also heavier games like Alien colonial marine spin without any performance problems.
regarding the oldest games there is a wide choice of emulators neo geo nintendo etc ...
he only bad thing about this system of anarchy is that anyone can see what you're doing.
traslate privacy = zero
I advise you not to use this game on your main account of steam.
better create more quickly a new one if you really want to experiment this program.
Yesterday I had to reinstall the steam program is still in beta and not very stable.
I hope his next version is more stable and also more secure.
although I have serious doubts about the concept of privacy.
but that's the least of our problems I guess.

« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2015 at 6:48am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #19 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post Print Post  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #20 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 8:33am
Print Post Print Post  
Interesting, maybe he can help you out?

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 3:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 8:33am:
Interesting, maybe he can help you out?

shure xmx spoke whith SM Sith Lord (developper) add him on steam.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2015 at 3:24pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #22 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 9:52am
Print Post Print Post  
nice video:Rebellion Gamester
Alien Vs. Predator (SNES) - Playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t7AXJu-_ic
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2015 at 10:01am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #23 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post Print Post  
Lucy showed me some of what he's been working on. As much as I hate to admit it...it shows promise. He's been using A_Lesser_Fate_DM for it, and he included AvPC, AvP2 (AIO), AvP2010, A:CM, A:I, HL1 and Source games (HL, Op4, BS, TFC, HL2, TF2, L4D2) as well as some TRON cabinets and a YouTube screen. Overall he's made great progress. I am still not convinced that this will catch on with the whole community, however, some people may find it an interesting curiosity or may just like an area to hang out and start playing an AvP game. I tested out the cabinets he made for AvP Classic and L4D2, which indeed launch the games, fully functional, complete with a little message saying that I'm playing the games. AvP2 did not work for me, so that needs some testing out with others.

Pros:

No connectivity issues.
Takes a couple seconds to initially load all assets but it runs smoothly.
AvP-themed arcade cabinets will launch the games (in theory).
More Aliens/Predator/AvP-related games/ROMs to be added by Lucy.
AvP cabinets located in a sort of pub area, Source and TRON cabinets placed in a different location.
Not just arcade cabinets, there's a Youtube screen for watching/sharing videos too.
Virtual lobby.
It might be possible to use xenomorph/predator skins for the character.
Lucy said he was going to experiment around with maybe a couple different maps.

Cons:

No dedicated server (yet).
The FUCKING footstep sounds make me want to cut my FUCKING ears off.
Could only see Lucy's head (not player model) in-game.
AvP2 cabinet wouldn't launch the game (for me at least).
Pub area seems a bit small, possibly cramped for players; I can't realistically see all the hypothetical arcade cabinets in the same area.
Weapons still spawn. You can't use them but you can pick them up (don't show up on HUD) and they make sounds when they respawn. It's annoying.
Having to install Anarchy Arcade for this is a bit annoying, as literally no one uses it. Getting other people to use the game will be damn near impossible.
The game is not very practical to just leave open to do other things. The only reason I think you'd have it open is if you have at least one other person to be in there with.
This is not a practical or efficient solution to anything; it's much faster to launch the games manually. However, there is a kind of charm of being in this virtual lobby.
No voice chat, although maybe that's a pro? In any case, people can use TS3 if they absolutely NEED a voice chat system.

Personally I'd prefer a lounge area over an AvP2-themed one if it's supposed to appeal to Aliens fans in general. However, the current map supports it decently enough. The concept works well enough for a virtual chill-out area, though I still don't realistically anticipate a lot of people using it. It shows promise, though; if Lucy can get all these ROMs in arcade cabinet format, I can bundle them up with their emulators and create a package to complement the server. Obviously, people will need the bigger games installed via Steam if they wish to play those.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 11:52am by Olde »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #24 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
its a bit complex but can become operative.

and not only for AVP 1, AVP2, AVP 3

but also for older title for exemple.

or any other devil imaginable emulator.

this video is for Jeff
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2016 at 9:33am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #25 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 8:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Would be awesome to actually hae an AvP2 Style arcade cabinet? I'm sure jeff could make one.  Grin

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #26 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 10:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
AvP Pinball?

Quote:

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #27 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 10:08pm:
AvP Pinball?

I'll play it.  Wink

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #28 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 5:53am
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:33pm:
Olde wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 10:08pm:
AvP Pinball?

I'll play it.  Wink

make a shortcut well  Smiley
my room is also your room
you can use Anarkie as an extension of your site.
a sort of virtual forum inside steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/266430/discussions/0/350533172698519238/?tscn=1466...

✫Lucifer✫: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/486767795443999466/1EEA345B40A0D31...
✫Lucifer✫: a place were your rank is not the number of kills
✫Lucifer✫: Cheesy
✫Lucifer✫: a place were time is your rank Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:16pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #29 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:21pm
Print Post Print Post  

i need only more power !
on anarkie or more easy in g mod or more hard pure free hl2 source!
imagine a standard server gmod on this server there is only one monitor,
in this monitor there is a continuous transmission of twich.
a continue avp2 trasmission
i need a good conneciton and a lot of power
for a 24/7 trasnmisison
using gmod or aa only for recruiting players
yes you can play in this server
but the main intenzion of this server is not play gmod or aa
is only show to people this old game
image only 1 cabinet if you use this cabinet
you erned dowload game
if you play this game you erned avp2 play etc etc
a place were your rank is time
not the numbers of kill
but yes insde avp2 nothing is changed
and inside hell  you rank is numebr of kill
use steam just to catalog the new players
whether they just want to try the game

a club a sort of virtual fight club
with one adding even females can fight here

♂ & ♀
a place where to draw and show others their drawings in real time but not just a place to spend time in text chat or with the use of the microphone.
a place where if you do not want to fight  you can also watching a movie or listening to a song ,
perhaps in the company of a female of your kind: D

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2016 at 4:06pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print