Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic A Request for the SGB Server Application (Read 5271 times)
Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

A Request for the SGB Server Application
Jan 7th, 2016 at 12:04am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello people of AVPUnknown!

I have a personal request, I think i know what the answer will be but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

I've been hosting my servers for about a month or so now on AVP2, and I used to manage servers for a clan I was a part of ,way back in the older days. It's only ever been Rommie's application, and I have a history of grievances with it. I was just wondering if the creator of the SGB server mod would be willing to share it with me. I believe he is a member on this board (Putmacher I believe?).

I was lucky enough to have chosen a great low latency VPS located in New York that even draws only around 140 ms of latency to connections as far as Hungary and much of Eastern Europe (Outside of AVP2 that is). Problem is, to add on top of the grievances I have with Rommie's, Rommie's app adds a substantial amount of latency to all connections (A connection that shows around 130 ms when pinged in command prompt could be 250 while in game)

As many of you probably know, there's a big difference between 140 ms and 250 ms.

I understand the decisions of not making a mod such as SGB or TBBC from being public, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2016 at 12:06am by Smith »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: A Request for the SGB Server Application
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,

SGB Mod isn't Released for the public.

If you dont like Rommie's Server app, you could always use the old classic 'Bunny-s Server app'

Cheers

x-M-x
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2016 at 1:25am by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 5:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ok, no problem.

Where do I get the Bunny server app? Unless it's AVP2Serv.exe, but I don't see anything saying it is.

Believe me if I knew how, I would make a server app myself haha
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2016 at 5:54pm by Smith »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 7:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
It comes with the 'MSP' and it's been modified (with permission) a lot by the 'LithFAQ' Team back in the day, the original developers of the 'msp etc'

Simple texted based system plus a rez file does the trick, it's old but it does the job.

Look for a text file with the words  'mod by bunny-s' etc you can edit the server settings there.

It's also in this forum.

(not sure on the version but check in the master server section)

- Good Luck

IP Logged