Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Locked Topic Project "Savior" (Read 70297 times)
Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Re: Project "Savior"
Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:07am

x-M-x wrote on Jan 21st, 2016 at 11:44pm:
if you want to play with us

I'm happy to play a game with you and king.
fatto, it 's done

in return I want a small sacrifice.

buy a microphone and you and King come in olde's TS  to organize the game.
but I do not want GameRanger is the ultimate solution.
p.s
I'm not sure but maybe one Russian server with the old vanilla AVP2 is still active but i have lost the ip .

ultimately it doesn't matter where or how you play, just get pleasure to play.

x-M-x wrote on Jan 21st, 2016 at 11:44pm:
ex @ Lucifer

former administrator in a corrupt regime

Depends on a lot of 'factors' really.... i don't even trust playing on the TBBC mod, god knows what he'll do to me or kenny ban from game or block my servers? i have no interest installing such software that doesn't even have an 'uninstaller' .... the old msp's did...

the fact remains are you aware that you're not giving me a real choice.

it would be nice to have a official MS  that includes the client and its related uninstaller program .

and

the fact of not being visible within that list does not bother me
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 12:54pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 12:41pm

Lucifer wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:07am:
it would be nice to have a MS 1.5.5 that includes the client and its related uninstaller program .

Yes it would be nice to give the playerbase that 'choice' others want it, not just a few people...

I hope that it is not just a mirage

I wouldn't think so, since that 'war' broke out, i've spoken to a few people all have different views, but like i said two 'msp' are in development. (one is working but not released yet) - the oher is half done.

I think in the end, everything will be fine and sorted.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:15pm

x-M-x wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 12:41pm:
I wouldn't think so, since that 'war' broke out, i've spoken to a few people all have different views, but like i said two 'msp' are in development. (one is working but not released yet) - the oher is half done.

I think in the end, everything will be fine and sorted.

Putmacher 2016

I would like to invite the old Putmacher not only playing with game ranger but I'd like to see written here his point of view some times.
I'd like also  to invite the old Herr Alien who knows maybe he still wants to play if he has time.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:23pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #18 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:19pm

I wasn't talking about him, he has his own plans and is very busy, (unless he changes his mind)

Tongue

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #19 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 10:56pm

the fact remains are you aware that you're not giving me a real choice.

Wtf are you talking about? YOU are the one who doesn't want to play on a NON-DEDICATED server (seriously, wtf?). Yet you also refuse to play on the dedicated server. It's not x-M-x's fault. You know who split from the group to design his own mod so he could have A) no oversight, B) no responsibility or obligations to history or to the community, C) the ability to make whatever game decisions he wants, D) singular and total control over the game's scripts in the community.

You want to play AvP2 multiplayer? Then you can play on GR, Hamachi, 2.2 mod, friends with forwarded ports...You have a lot of decisions but have refused yourself all of them.

On a PERSONAL NOTE: Lucifer, I think you're nuts if you think the gameplay is really that different from 2.1 to 2.2, and I honestly don't think you've tried it. Disregarding the ethical reasons for not using it, as well as the legitimate concern that 2.2 is malware (which, considering there's no uninstaller for it, maybe it is), 2.2 in my experience plays exactly the same as 2.1 except the font is cleaned up. If you're doing a "hunger strike" against 2.2 for ethical reasons, I don't fault you for that, but don't pretend that you don't have a choice. Play on GR, otherwise be patient and wait for whatever future mods are coming out.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #20 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:53am

I was just looking for an alternative way in order to play on a dedicated server without being obliged to use ms 2.2 (yes for ethical reasons)  I found some Russians  dedicated servers always active (not visible through the list), they use an old version of the master server

I think you misunderstood me, although I do not like to use to play the game rangers for lag.
im happy simply to play with xmx and king  an old classic like Mom monolith created it long ago without any contamination.

p.s
dear Olde i do not expect you to understand my hunger strike, and you're right the easiest way to play online and install the damn pach.
anyway you are welcome always also in game ranger,
This depends on whether you like to play with us  Tongue
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:19am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #21 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 12:59pm

Lucifer wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:53am:
the easiest way to play online and install the damn pach.

Mod?

I found some Russians  dedicated servers always active (not visible through the list), they use an old version of the master server

Like i said before they're either using 2.0/2.1 no way in hell are they using anything older than 2.0 MSP.

I just find it ironic since 2.0 began there was issues with the russian bears and TBBC (last time i checked)

Then there was issues of players being banned from the game for all the wrong reasons....

Then he Also banned Canonmaster simply because he had a Russian IP ? and the reason for his ban was because he was 'trying to crash the game' ?? LoL Pathetic... Canon was testing out Payback mod (but that is sorted now and he got unbanned)

But there are always other methods i.e GameRanger and Hamachi As Olde has stated, it isn't the end of the world.

Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2016 at 1:00pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #22 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 7:50pm

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #23 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:46pm

Good site that, but needs updating.

Links are old etc.

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #24 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:22pm

I was just looking for an alternative way in order to play on a dedicated server without being obliged to use ms 2.2 (yes for ethical reasons)

It's the price you pay for virtue. Most people who do things for a cause suffer more greatly than merely being unable to play a vidja game. As they say though, virtue is its own reward.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

Reply #25 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:39am

Olde wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 8:24am:
Lucifer wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 6:07am:
I would like to share your setup super easy to install,
without having to worry that inside there is a msp not official.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w78rmpslt9quc57/AVP2+%2B+Primal+Hunt.zip

Well I guess you could try linking people to this: http://www.raptorelite.net/index.html
Not sure what's in the download myself, though.

My Mediafire link retains the 2.2 mod because it is in my opinion the easiest way for the common man (i.e. someone who has no knowledge, interest, or dealings in community disputes) to play multiplayer. For people who want a choice, they are free to not use it, but I'm not going to intentionally obscure the ability to find dedicated servers, regardless of what game modifications are forced and which names are removed from the readme. If I had more of a stake in "pure AvP2" I'd likely think differently. If eventually there is a better Master Server Patch or Mod, I will replace the 2.2 one with the newer, better one. As it is now, though, I understand that many people just don't care about community politics and simply want to play, and I won't make it difficult for them just because they "don't have a choice."

However, feel free to upload your own copy of my Mediafire zip file with the 2.2 mod removed, as long as you host it yourself.

I uploaded a tutorial now, it focuses on loading the AVP2 iso files via virtual CD/DVD drive. You can find it here http://raptorelite.net/avp2tut.html

And adding on to the question whether previous patches work. They do, but I'm not sure how to replicate it.

When I reinstalled AVP2 on my computer, I got the 2.2 MSP. Installed it. I also have a secondary 1 TB drive where I keep a lot of backups of stuff and I found an old AVP2 directory in there, all the game files. I forget what MSP patch version was on it, but it was obviously older. I loaded it up just for the hell of it, and I was able to join any server, and the only reason I knew it was older is because I could sniper stagger, which has since been patched. I don't know how it worked, but it did.

Also there was no way this old AVP2 game directory could have had the new patch since it was untouched for 4+ years. I accidentally deleted it when I was cleaning up some useless junk on that drive, because I sometimes have the tendency to categorize things weird and forgot it was in a directory I was deleting.

Also, back on topic of my download, it's a clean install, it's as if you are installing it straight from the disc. So there isn't any MSP patch included (the 1.0.9.6 Update executable is included but you have to run it manually). Works out perfect since I know there's quite a few people who dislike the new patch.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #26 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:11am

x-M-x wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 9:46pm:
Good site that, but needs updating.

Links are old etc.

true need an official update
I like the look of this small site has a basic yet cured
I must admit that even if the files are not updated their version of setup is interesting itself includes everything except ph
need to contact Canon for update this site.
if i trust in Canon we can trust in the Russians bears .

personally I do not trust the Koreans (game ranger)

this already brings to mind another idea for an alternative non-dedicated servers.
the only problem is that it would be too expensive a sort of dedicated network bye using hamaci
Dam ! if only we could use the network gog everything would be easier!
hamachi than game ranger allows to build even a LAN (dedicated and non) of the old primal hunt  as opposed to game rangers that supports only the old AVP2 not dedicated.
against this idea is that it is the most popular avp2 in game ranger.
but it's just a matter of numbers I think hamachi has more users of game ranger, but I'm not sure.

Olde wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:22pm:
It's the price you pay for virtue. Most people who do things for a cause suffer more greatly than merely being unable to play a vidja game. As they say though, virtue is its own reward.

true  virtue is its own reward.
I hope that one day my patience will be rewarded.

just last night the call of the full moon was too strong and I succumbed after a long time so I did multiplayer game on game ranger.
like a wolf among a flock of sheep i was happy to play even with a few people, but also sad because after just one round all fled.
something in my heart told me that I was making a mistake,
yield to sin, to a forbidden temptation.
I had a hand tremor in real life.
so I followed the advice of Mr. xMx
[quote XmX] Lucifer Relax [/quote]
and I started to play a different game even if for a short time.
in principle have played in lan with old AVP2 096 pure me back in the back with my mind and made me realize what was changed and corrupted in recent years.

(605.3) 53: 4.6 Gabriel was personally present throughout all these disloyal proceedings and only announced that in due course he would speak for Michael, and that all beings would be left free and unmolested in their choice; that the "government of the Sons for the Father desired only that loyalty and devotion which was voluntary, wholehearted, and sophistry-proof."
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2016 at 2:21pm by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #27 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:18pm

Smith wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:39am:
I uploaded a tutorial now, it focuses on loading the AVP2 iso files via virtual CD/DVD drive. You can find it here http://raptorelite.net/avp2tut.html

Maybe I'll have to try it myself. I still think that my upload is easier, but whatever. Mine is literally just an .exe; you just click Yes or OK a couple times, refuse to install whatever old version of DirectX it tries to install, and you're good to go. No mounting or anything needed.

Smith wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:39am:
When I reinstalled AVP2 on my computer, I got the 2.2 MSP. Installed it. I also have a secondary 1 TB drive where I keep a lot of backups of stuff and I found an old AVP2 directory in there, all the game files. I forget what MSP patch version was on it, but it was obviously older. I loaded it up just for the hell of it, and I was able to join any server, and the only reason I knew it was older is because I could sniper stagger, which has since been patched. I don't know how it worked, but it did.

Interesting. Any way you could upload that MSP from four years ago, like in Dropbox or Google Drive or something? I'd like to see if that would work for me, too.

Lucifer wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:11am:
just last night the call of the full moon was too strong and I succumbed after a long time...

I seriously thought you were going to say you turned into a werewolf. Not kidding.

like a wolf among a flock of sheep...

And then I was proven correct.

so I followed the advice of Mr. xMx
"Lucifer Relax"
and I started to play a different game even if for a short time.

Why not play through the single-player campaigns of AVP Classic? Or, God forbid, AVP 2010?

true virtue is its own reward.
I hope that one day my patience will be rewarded.

In all honesty, yeah, it will be. Things will work themselves out in the end.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2016 at 12:29pm by Olde »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

Reply #28 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:16am

Unfortunately no, It was deleted along with the AVP2 directory. And to each their own on the installs, they are two different ways to do it I suppose haha.

Also, a question for all you AVPUnknown people, I'm curious. If you wouldn't mind explaining real quick since i'm kind of out of the loop. Why so much hate for TBBC, and why go even as far as calling the download malware? Just curious.

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Reply #29 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:51am

Dear Marine Smith you will find the answer to your question if you lost a bit of your mortal time too search in this forum .
this  war began with the first test of ms 2.2
serch the topic called "Patch Test"
and you would have some answers to your question,
although we're not just talking about a war rather to a misplaced trust.

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:21am by Lucifer »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print