Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic New Custom Map: The Real Sewer (Read 3357 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

New Custom Map: The Real Sewer
Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:14am
Print Post Print Post  
Whipped this up today, a retexture of a level from the original AvP99, which I call The Real Sewer. As you can probably guess, I wanted to make it look like an actual sewer. I think the original is ugly and dumb, and while it's already dark, it looks nothing like an actual sewer because it just recycled textures from the marine bases in the campaign. Installation is the same as with Fear Factory; locate your AvP Classic directory and add the folders to it, combine when prompted.

Link: http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/maps/realsewer.zip

Comparison shots below:

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:28am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: New Custom Map: The Real Sewer
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Nice, (Downloaded!)

Smiley

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Re: New Custom Map: The Real Sewer
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 5:29am
Print Post Print Post  
I've recently updated both the deathmatch and coop versions of The Real Sewer with an independent file structure, some geometry changes, and texture refinements. This reduced the size pretty decently as well. These were some things that I had wanted to fix for a while but just now was able to get around to. Full list of changes below:

• Removed vents and minigun from deathmatch version of the map. This was an original mistake with the Redux mod from which this map was based. These are retained in the coop version of the map. The holes in the ceiling were patched and the vents and alien generators were removed from the deathmatch version.
  • Removed the Redux mod texture from the smartgun.
  • Refined a number of wall, floor, and trim textures, some because they were stretched and some because the wrong texture was applied.
  • Added an independent folder for the graphics files.
  • Removed duplicate textures from the pack.

The download link is the same as in the initial post.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged