Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Cant play Avp2. Little help? (Read 6283 times)
GreenTurtle784
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Cant play Avp2. Little help?
May 2nd, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
ok, first of all id like to thank you in advance, and also i want to say that I find so amazing seeing a comunnity so alive and devoted to such a special game!
I also would like to say that I am from Brazil, so I apologies for my broken english.
Also, I've seen that there are similar topics to mine, but I could not solve mine trough them.
So Lets get started. I just bought a fresh copy of AVP2,
installed (not asked to insert the disk 3, is that normal? o.o)
and when it came the big time to play: BOOM. '' Client MFC Application stopped working. '' On my face. Just like a Speargun Headshot. (followed by that awesome predator laugh  Cheesy
Well, I've tried running the game in compatible mode. but still did not work.
My operating system is Windows 10, 64bits, 8,00GB RAM, Core i7,3.60GHz
I mean, theoretically would have no problem to run.
TILL I READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Basically windows 8/8.1/10 don't like macrovision encoding process which I am sorry to say is what alien vs predator 2 uses to verify if your game copy is legal or illegal and prevents the game from launching.

the servers for the game are shut down so there is no online play through the internet anymore

but on windows 8.1 and windows 10 you have to use a no cd patch because it bypasses the macrovision encoding they used on the game allowing the game to run on windows 8.1 and 10

and no I will not tell you where to get it nor post site links

and before you judge my information posted here on steam this is fact for all games that support macrovision encoding you cannot run them on windows 10 without a no cd patch thank Microsoft and there new drm garbage

is that correct?
I would like to point out that my main interest at the moment is playing the campaign ... (although online is by far the best experience I've ever had)
I would like to thank you again for your patience and help.
I hope to play soon.
facehuggs to everybody <3

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Cant play Avp2. Little help?
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2016 at 6:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
As far as i know... AVP2 works on windows 95 all the way up-to Window 10 without any issues (maybe some slight GPU issues) but nothing serious.

The AvP2 No CD patch works fine on any windows OS (I've tested it on windows 95 XP 7 even 10) - so not sure what you're actually saying.

« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 6:56pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged