Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) AvP Classic 2000 FAQ (Read 26799 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

AvP Classic 2000 FAQ
Jul 5th, 2016 at 10:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
In this thread I want to list and answer some common questions and problems about Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000.

Q: Where can I buy AvP Classic 2000?
A: AvP Classic 2000 is available on Steam and GOG.

Q: Is there an AvP Classic 2000 community?
A: There is a small but dedicated group for this game that plays this game semi-regularly. If you have Discord, you can join the Discord group here: https://discord.gg/QVJP9Pb

Q: The game's not loading.

A: If you have Windows 10, things might be iffy. The game was made compatible with DirectX 9, but it's unclear to me if it will work on higher versions. If you have Nvidia drivers, you might need to reinstall your drivers. Otherwise, contact Rebellion for support.

Q: The game is giving me a weird message about screen resolution.

A: Try setting your game to a standard resolution like 1600 x 900 and it should work.

Q: After I beat the Marine's Tyrargo level (fifth level in the campaign), the game freezes and doesn't as complete. How can I get this to count as complete?

A: At the end screen, press the Escape button to restart the level, then quit to menu normally.

Q: The game's not counting the levels as complete when I beat them!

A: Check to see if you have Debug mode on. You can't complete levels with it on.

Q: I don't see the Multiplayer option!

A: You have Debug mode on. Turn it off.

Q: Can I play multiplayer with Debug mode on?

A: No.

Q: How do I enter debug mode and what are the commands?
A: There is a debug mode guide here.

Q: How do I spawn bots?

A: You must be in Debug mode. Follow this guide.

Q: Why can't I spawn certain bots?

A: The game pre-loads only the bots in the map. If the map you're in doesn't have a certain bot as an enemy or friend (for instance, the Alien level Temple doesn't have any friendly aliens), you can't spawn that bot in without downloading the bot loader first. You can get it here.

Q: I installed the Redux mod but it crashes on level completion. How do I get around this?

Quote:
  • Go to the AvP Classic 2000 directory.
  • Find AvP_Classic.exe and right click, select Properties
  • Select the Compatibility tab
  • Check the compatibility mode for Windows 98/Windows ME
  • Check Disable visual themes
  • Check Disable desktop composition
  • Check Disable scaling on high DPI settings
  • Check Run this program as administrator
  • Hit Apply and OK
  • Double click AvP_Classic.exe to run the game.

Q: Where are my game files located?

A: For Steam users, here: YourDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens versus Predator Classic

For GOG users, here: YourDrive:\GOG Games\AvP Classic

For GOG Galaxy users, here: YourDrive:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Client\AvP Classic

Q: Where are my game saves located?

A: Profiles are saved here: YourDrive:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Rebellion\AvP Classic\User_Profiles

Q]: Where can I download a completed profile?

A: You can get it here and place it in your User_Profiles folder.

Q: Why does the multiplayer always says "No Sessions Were Found"?

A: AvP Classic's playerbase is pretty small, albeit dedicated. This game is unique in that it uses locally hosted servers exclusively. No dedicated servers here. That means that if someone hasn't actively created a server and there isn't at least one person playing or sitting inside, you're not going to see any servers. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't create your own server! Wait a few minutes; you'll likely get people to join.

Q: Should I use Steam servers or Steam-GOG Crossplay servers?

A: You can try both to see if anyone's playing on either, but you should start your multiplayer servers using the Steam-only servers. They're more reliable, tend to be low-latency, and allow you to create private games. The GOG multiplayer population is negligible; it only had a notable population between October and December 2014, back when the game was released. Plus, the servers there are really terrible; it's very easy to get disconnected and the refresh rate for servers is pathetically long. Just use the Steam option at the opening menu.

Q: How do I unlock the cheat modes?

A: Read here.

Q: I unlocked the cheat modes but the game freezes when I scroll to a certain one. Why is this?

A: Freefall is the only cheat mode that has this problem. The issue is that it was designed to only work on specific levels. If you don't have them unlocked, the game will freeze. To fix this, complete at least the first Alien level, the fourth Marine bonus level (Gateway), and the third Predator bonus level (Temple).

Q: How do I bind commands?
A: Open the console (the default button is ~), delete the word SAY, and type the word BIND followed by the key, followed by the command. A list of commands can be brought up by typing LISTCMD in the chatbox, but the most important ones are CROUCHMODE 0, CROUCHMODE 1, ID_PLAYER, and NETSHOWBANDWIDTH. CROUCHMODE 0 and 1 switch between the crouch button as a toggle and where you have to hold the button down to remain crouched. ID_PLAYER identifies the player closest to the center of your screen.

Q: I only have x number of saves? What gives?!
A: The original game didn't allow you to save at all! In the Classic 2000 version, you have a finite number of saves by default: 9 on Training, 4 on Realistic, and 2 on Director's Cut. However, you can enable infinite saves in both the Steam and GOG versions of the game. Read this guide for more information.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2019 at 10:33am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

Bakuub
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: AvP Classic Common Problems/Questions
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
hello olde, i played this game way back when on mplayer/gamespy.... i remember you could type in custom characters into the chat or into your name for instance "OLDE**" the ** representing a Predator skull and a pulse rifle icon...i thought you just held alt, and typed the random numbers to get it...i believe ALT+253 was a predator skull...but i cant get anything to work on this re release. is it removed, or am i remembering how to do it wrong?

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the question. Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Certain symbols next to your name create an in-game symbol for like the predator mask, marine pulse rifle, and alien jaws. Unfortunately they kind of botched it with Classic 2000, so now it's only possible to do it with four characters, but here you go.

alt+241 (±): Marine Symbol (Pulse Rifle)
alt+247 (≈): Alien Claws
alt+248 (°): Alien Symbol (Jaws)
alt+253 (²): Predator Symbol (Mask)

Below are the alt-symbols for Gold Edition (probably useless now).

Quote:
Marines Arsenal

HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0909
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0906
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0905
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0907
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0908
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0655
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0654

Predators Arsenal Page

HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0156
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0155
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0158
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0154
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0157

Aliens Arsenal

HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0176
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0152
HOLD ALT THEN PRESS 0151

Below are the alt-symbols for Classic 2000 (thanks to Goon for specifying and double-checking).

Quote:
Marine
Alt+0654 = Pistol
Alt+0655 = Skeeter
Alt+0905 = Flamethrower
Alt+0906 = Smartgun
Alt+0907 = Grenade
Alt+0908 = Sadar
Alt+0909 = Minigun

Predator
Alt+0154 = Wristblades
Alt+0155 = Spear
Alt+0156 = Shoulder Cannon
Alt+0157 = Disc
Alt+0158 = Pred Pistol

Alien
Alt+0151 = Claws
Alt+0152 = Tail
Alt+0176 = Jaws
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2022 at 10:43pm by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Bakuub
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 2:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
ah thank you very much. do bind keys still work? i got it to say the "bound to key d" but when i hit d it doesnt send the message. u used to be able to bind like 4 sentences to a key and you could say for example "Good Game" 8 times in 2 seconds. not important, just curious how much functionality differs from the original...i wonder if i have my avp gold disc lying around somewhere still...along with the original. anywho...did you play on gamespy/mplayer back in the day? my name was Bakuub...im trying to reconnect with people that might still want to play. ive yet to find anyone to play with.

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'll play with you. Add your name to this Steam forum thread. I started the thread so you should be able to find my profile and add me easily.

As for binding, yes it is still possible. The correct structure is like this:

Quote:
BIND D SAY good game

Wow, I just tested it out and I had no idea you could bind the same SAY phrase multiple times to the same button. You can say "good game" twenty times just by pressing the button once if you want, lol. Just input the same BIND command over and over. Haha, I never knew that!

You can bind other functions, too. For instance,

Quote:
BIND Z CROUCHMODE 0
BIND C CROUCHMODE 1
BIND F5 QUICKSAVE
BIND F6 QUICKLOAD
BIND Q ID_PLAYER
BIND N NETSHOWBANDWIDTH
BIND 1 MARINEBOT

The last one only works in debug mode.

A fast way of adding binds is to modify the CONFIG.CFG file with Notepad in your Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 folder.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2016 at 5:01pm by Olde »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Bakuub
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post Print Post  
ya actually some people got really creative...theyd key bind multiple times a letter and spell out something so it would spam SSSSSSSS PPPPPPPP AAAAAAA MMMMMMM but u know...something a little more interesting. Death is the only way out was a common one i saw. i usually used it to talk smack to people who deserved it. you guys ever dig up the old YTL clan skin? they had a cool one, i forgot what it was called though. pred only.

IP Logged

Bakuub
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:35am
Print Post Print Post  
ps- i also added you, my steam name is OMFGDIEFGTDIE

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:00am
Print Post Print Post  
I assume you mean this?

http://imgur.com/UnIvDBg

http://imgur.com/g95MKlQ

Yes, lol, I recovered it.

Quote:

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:00am:
I assume you mean this?

http://imgur.com/UnIvDBg

http://imgur.com/g95MKlQ

Yes, lol, I recovered it.

lol....

IP Logged

Bakuub
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:34am
Print Post Print Post  
yes, i thought there was 1 more though, silver and black, maybe that was just the one i made i cant remember

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #10 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:27am
Print Post Print Post  
All the skins that I found/recovered from various sites are included in the Universal Skins Pack v.1.6. All of them have .jpg's showing what they look like, so you can download the pack and search through to find it, if you like. The only pred skin marked specifically as being by YTL was the one I linked to above.

Quote:

IP Logged