Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Derelict Level Converted for the Predator (Read 3121 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Derelict Level Converted for the Predator
Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:27am
Print Post Print Post  
LINK: http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/maps/derelict_p.zip

So in keeping with some of my other level conversions (Orbital for the alien and Area 52 for the marine), I finally went back to the grind and converted the first marine level, Derelict, for the predator. Like the alien version, this is a reverse run, but it starts from the very end point of the marine mission and ends at the marine's starting position.

My intention in doing this conversion was to make the mission very difficult for the predator. The pred normally doesn't have any difficult missions at all, the only one possibly being Vaults, but at that point the player has the pistol and disc, and even though field charge is scarce in Vaults, the weapons make up for it. So here's the deal. This level is packed full of enemies of all different types. My intention was to keep you constantly guessing what would come next. It's not all going to be the same enemy types and you should expect some surprises. The pistol and disc are disabled in this level (I considered making only the wristblade and speargun available, but that became a near impossible ordeal). Resources are rare and you'll have to explore to find them.

Hopefully this will be the most difficult predator level ever made. Don't be surprised if you die.

This is still a beta of sorts and there are some level limitations that don't allow me to always do what I want to have in the level. Please let me know what you think could be improved.

The following are images of the maps for those who are curious about what it looks like:

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2017 at 9:37am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged