Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic ALL IN ONE - Primal Hunt Resolution Problem (Read 4751 times)
Reaper
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

ALL IN ONE - Primal Hunt Resolution Problem
Nov 21st, 2018 at 12:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,
I have recently downloaded your All in One pack and am thankfull for being able to relive the good ol' AVP2 memories without having to buy a scratched disc somewhere on eBay. I mean, making online available is something I honestly did not expect.

However, I have a slight issue.
The classic AVP2 works smothly and I am able to adjust the resolution just fine up to 1920x1080 but Primal Hunt doesn't seem to have this feature  Undecided.
I'm not entirely sure if is it because the original AVP2 has more modded content and the resolution fixed itself but when looking for any mods or updates I only stubled upon the multiplayer upgrade which while does allow me to enjoy the new server with people in it, it doesn't have any impact on the resolution.

I tried using custom launcher but probably did it wrong cause I suck at modding, or it might not work on this 'version' of the game.
I downloaded ChangeRes.exe and moved it to the Primal Hunt directory but it doesn't change much when I set the resolution to 1920x1080 inside the black box that pops up.

Primal Hunt is the only campaign I have not played yet and I would love it if someone replied with a fix to this issue.

Thank you very much  Cheesy.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: ALL IN ONE - Primal Hunt Resolution Problem
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello & Welcome!

Primal hunt is offline and can only be used for single player really.

Have you tried this method https://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1272905528

?

if that doesn't work? then you are stuck with a lower res.

Any other issues or problems? i suggest you check out the official avp2 community discord.

https://discord.gg/hHqYPWA

Cheers
x-M-x

IP Logged

Reaper
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have tried this method and every time I tried saving the file 'autoexec'. It leaves me with 'Access Denied' message.

I guess I'm stuck with lower resolution after all.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm sure you can get it working! maybe save the new file to desktop then replace the one in the PH directory.

Also i see you're in discord! enjoy your stay.

And welcome back to the community.

Smiley

IP Logged