Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic a crazy problem with trying to run avp 2 on my windows 10 pc (Read 9652 times)
Ghargus
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

a crazy problem with trying to run avp 2 on my windows 10 pc
Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
hello everybody

recently i tried to get back into avp2 after so many years, however i ran into a rather large problem, and so have my friends it seems. i have followed an installation guide on youtube to a T but whenevr i try to run it after its all said and done, i get a small black square box as the game tries to start but it disappears right away.

after trying a boat load of fixes, from using voodoo, and messing with compatabilitys, and even looking at other games that had the same error. ive hit the wall, heres the error.

"lithtech caused an Access Violation in module ntdll.dll at 0023:779e761f.
Exception handler called in main thread.
Error occurred at 3/18/2019 15:31:30.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2\lithtech.exe, run by Unknown.
8 processor(s), type 586.
1024 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 000000ff caused an access violation."

and then it lists a bunch of ram numbers. briefly i tried logging into the built in admin account that comes with windows, the one that does not need that "run as admin" button. and right then and there, the game worked perfectly, no mods and no compatibilities were needed. while i was telling my friend the good news, windows flickered a bit and restored the option on every application to "run as admin" even on that account, sealing me away from the game once again.

so from what i can see from the surface is that windows permission nonsense is blocking the game from using the NTDLL.DLL file. ive already turned down the slider in the UAC menu. and i even gone as far as to completely shut it down via the registry. is there any way around this? whether its getting it to accept ntdll or removing this admin nonsense entirely?

thank you for your time.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: a crazy problem with trying to run avp 2 on my windows 10 pc
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 11:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello

Not sure which edition you got? we recently updated the AIO to a exe version.

Please check again https://avpunknown.com/avp2aio

EXE EDITION (try that one and get back to us)

If all is well? we suggest you join us in the official avp2 community discord server (over 1200+ members)

https://discord.gg/hHqYPWA

And welcome once again

Cheers
x-M-x

IP Logged

Ghargus
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: a crazy problem with trying to run avp 2 on my windows 10 pc
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 12:28am
Print Post Print Post  
thanks for the quick reply

the exe version is the last thing we tried unfortunatly that did not work either. though the more i worked on this the more it felt like a windows problem, briefly while that windows admin account worked it started up problem free, i cant seem to achieve that again, nor bypass windows permission system.

IP Logged