Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic New Multiplayer Map: Deck 16 (Read 2336 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

New Multiplayer Map: Deck 16
Oct 4th, 2020 at 10:56am
Print Post Print Post  

LINK: http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/maps/deck16.zip

I'm proud to release this brand new port of the deathmatch map Deck 16 to Aliens versus Predator, ported from Unreal Tournament. It was a collaboration between SacredAnarchy, Cracco, and myself to make this a reality. Deck 16 is one of our favorite maps and one of the most iconic and famous deathmatch maps. This version received our personal touch and care to best transfer to AvP, refining it particularly for fast and frenetic yet smooth and optimized multiplayer matches, allowing for strategies for all species, and also being welcoming to new players yet maintaining a high skill ceiling for competitive players. The map's texturing is heavily borrowed from the original map (while also being improved in certain areas) while lighting and sounds were rebuilt. The lighting was created with the game's default gamma setting in mind (roughly one-third of the full gamma bar), but was also optimized to look reasonably good on the highest gamma setting, for those who are so inclined to play that way. In spite of its size, it works for small, medium, and large sized groups. Destroying the lights in a certain hallway may yield an advantage to alien players, but the main hangar will remain lit up.

If you notice any glitches with the map or if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or on our Discord server.

To install:

Step 1: To install, first locate your Aliens versus Predator Classic folder. The following are the usual places it can be found:
     Steam directory: C:\User\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens versus Predator Classic
     GOG directory: GOG Games\AvP Classic     or    GOG Galaxy\Games\AvP Classic
Step 2: Once located, unzip all of the contents to your folder. Merge the avp_rifs folder. Deck 16.rif must be in a folder called custom or else it won't appear.
     If you already have the graphics and sound folders in your directory, simply merge folders when asked.
     If you do not already have the graphics or sound folders, then simply place the folders in this pack. See images if you have difficulty.
Step 3: To play the map, search for it under the map list in Multiplayer.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

wolfblade
Spawnkiller

"Let's split some wigs!"

Re: New Multiplayer Map: Deck 16
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 8:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Crazy people are still making maps and mods for this

-Wolf

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2022 at 9:37am
Print Post Print Post  
Good news, everyone. Cracco and I are proud to release a brand new, substantially revised version of our UT conversion map, Deck 16. We've updated this map with a functioning teleporter (the first of its kind in any AvP map), deadly pits of toxic acid, a releasable grated floor, new platform lifts, rebalanced item placements, new and improved lighting, texturing, sounds, bug fixes, greater optimization and stability, and many, many more improvements to the finer details.

When we first ported the map, we had ambitions that we weren't yet able to realize, but now that we have much more experience with mapping and the AvP editing tools, we were able to make things like the teleporter and acid pits a reality. We hope you have fun and enjoy fragging on this map.

LINK: http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/maps/deck16.zip

ALTERNATE MIRROR: https://www.moddb.com/games/aliens-vs-predator/addons/deck-16

If you notice any glitches with the map or if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or on our Discord server.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 6:36am
Print Post Print Post  
We've just released a new update for this map, significantly improving the grate synchronization with late joiners. The download link is the same.

Quote:

IP Logged