Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Anyone know of some cool Marine skin packs? (Read 7417 times)
Kal-L
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Anyone know of some cool Marine skin packs?
Sep 9th, 2011 at 12:52am
Print Post Print Post  
I'm looking for some decent skin pack for the whole of the marine characters multi and singleplayer in the game. I've looked in filefront but more often than not it's something like "Golden Harrison" or "Multicoloured Dunya"...changing one character is fair enough but it would be better to make all of the characters match each other's uniform/gear, preferably something inspired by the Aliens film. A skin pack for the corps would be nice too. As I say I've looked in filefront but I suspect they don't have everything.

Also does anyone have any idea how I might go about changing the standard AVP2 Dunya into her Primal Hunt look with the hair? I'm thinking it's a bit more complicated than simply replacing the model and skins because her PH model seems to have an extra skin for the hair.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2011 at 12:53am by Kal-L »  

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Re: Anyone know of some cool Marine skin packs?
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post Print Post  
I highly recommend the Total War mod (mostly a skin pack) which is client side. Like the skins in that a lot. Also try the force recon mod (another skin pack).

All the other good marine skin packs tend to be included in mods; such as projam.

As for Dunya, if I recall correctly, she uses a different character model. Also she has that extra texture as you said. So you cant replace her for a client side mod (aka normal skin). With some attribute modifications she can be swapped though.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2011 at 1:23am by KingKenny »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 9:40am
Print Post Print Post  
There are some awesome corporate skins out there to.

one of my fave is the 'Nemesis' skin

http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com/file/Nemesis;38862

Made by someone that betrayed his past and friends lol

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 7:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yea but that's not a skin pack. Not many good packs out there.

IP Logged

Kal-L
Unblooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:35am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Sep 9th, 2011 at 1:04am:
I highly recommend the Total War mod (mostly a skin pack) which is client side. Like the skins in that a lot. Also try the force recon mod (another skin pack).

All the other good marine skin packs tend to be included in mods; such as projam.

As for Dunya, if I recall correctly, she uses a different character model. Also she has that extra texture as you said. So you cant replace her for a client side mod (aka normal skin). With some attribute modifications she can be swapped though.

I see, though couldn't someone who really knew what they were doing say, integrate her Primal Hunt head/hair into her default AvP2 head texture so it would work with the primal hunt model. Just thinking aloud...
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:36am by Kal-L »  

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Well it's not just a texture change, but also a model change.

If one were to swap the models, then the new model will still need 1 more texture. It might be possible to make the model read 1 big texture (containing the normal one and the new one merged in one) but that's tricky and might not work.

IP Logged