Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Predator Shield mod (Read 6920 times)
xenin
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Predator Shield mod
Aug 20th, 2012 at 3:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,

I am working on a predator shield mod, which allows predator to have a secondary use (another barrel) for predator hacking device - a shield that protects him from some projectiles. The mod should work only in SP, so it is not intended for cheating. However I got stuck and dont know how to solve this problem. I am quite certain that an experienced modder wont have problems with this, but I am just a beginner. Can anyone please (PLEASE!!) help me with that?

Thanks for any advice

IP Logged

xenin
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Re: Predator Shield mod
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is there really no one who would help me?

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 11:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there,

Have you tried 'editing' the 'bute files' ?

Find what you're looking for in the file and try n copy it x2 ? it could work,

IP Logged

xenin
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:38am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the answer. I tried to fix it in weapons.txt and fx.txt, since these were the only files, which were present in original Assassin Predator Mod, which I use as a Model. I simply want to allow shield which is present in APM to work in SP - because in APM it replaced predator hacking device and that meant that predator was not able to hack. I want to allow predator to have the shield and hacking device at the same time that means creating a new barrel. When I did that, I simply copied the lines from APM to the new barrel but it does not work. Then I tried it vice versa - I used APM files and made a new barrel of hacking device, but sadly again no success. Could anyone (please!!) find some time and help me with that? I am sure its nothing complicated I am just no expert in this area.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 7:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ok so I had a look at it. I don't know if it would work but I would try going back to the original attributes for the weapons.txt and try recreating the shield to not borrow/use the id for the hacking device. The way it's setup in the mod looks like the shield is hijacking the id for the hacking device, thus overriding it. So what I'm suggesting is to try to make a new weapon id that is independent of the other weapon ids, yet keeping the same sounds and fx as used in the mod; if that makes sense.

Note: I haven't tested this out and unsure if it will work but I'm getting a headache reading the butes now.  Smiley

IP Logged