Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic The AVP2 community's fascination with Leadworks. (Read 5389 times)
Smith
Spawnkiller

Dallas Smith

The AVP2 community's fascination with Leadworks.
Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
This is not so much a cry for a change, but more of a rant really. I want to know others thoughts on the subject.

Here is the typical map rotation in a server that is TDM (As based on player votes):

Leadworks.
More Leadworks.
Hey, guess what? Leadworks.
Things can't get too redundant now, let's throw in a weak map in there for good measure. Like Alley.
Back to Leadworks.

The community's relentless voting for Leadworks over and over is hilarious and annoying at the same time.

These people are so determined to play in Leadworks and I don't get the appeal. I mean it's an alright map, a generic map, but the massive orgasm people get over it is ridiculous sometimes. Even when Leadworks isn't the map loaded, there is always that one person who nags and demands that everyone in the server vote for a skip and vote for Leadworks. Cue the nerd-rage when people refuse to vote for a skip.

Concerning spacious maps such as Outpost, A Lesser Fate, and Outpost (to a point), it's much more fun and challenging to be forced to fire long distances, or in an Aliens case, pounce further.

I suppose Leadworks is very "Noob friendly?"

It has tight spaces to set your mines and what not, more chance to get blown the fuck up by them because of limited space to move. Make sure you're in those small corridors to accommodate maximum splash damage for your rockets and potentially kill yourself in the process.

Thoughts? I'm wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way?
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2015 at 3:41am by Smith »  

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Re: The AVP2 community's fascination with Leadworks.
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 5:20am
Print Post Print Post  
you are not alone Cheesy
it is true there are stupid people who think they can win using points lamer of this map.
but sometimes you can play with people who want to just play and not think only how to win a game.
this map is a tribute to Alien 3.
leadwork is one of my favorite maps maybe because I'm an old dog alien inside my soul.
if I'm hunting alone and are sometimes people while playing exclaim lucifer you're everywhere.
perhaps because this map is small or maybe because now I know the points respown heart.
take me for a madman but sometimes as if I felt the smell of the enemy the smell of fear.
if during the hunt you and one or more alien in the team at times and can sense the presence of a friend just using the taunt.
some time aliens develop a sort of collective consciousness and know where is your friend to pull an ambush the enemy.
This does not happen with all the players,
generally only those with the most experienced.
if there is a team or more female is as if I felt that someone was telling me where to go.
as if I had complete control of my legs in the game.
to give an idea you've ever ridden a dragon on skyrim?
the same feeling.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2015 at 5:50am by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 5:49am
Print Post Print Post  
Leadworks is a close quarters map which favors most characters and weapon classes.

Other more open maps tend to hurt aliens, explosive weapons and favor snipers.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2015 at 7:59am
Print Post Print Post  
Survival mode by any chance? don't be surprised... the map is whored.

As kenny says 'close quarters' small narrow corridors is perfect for mini gun and proxy/spider mines.

IP Logged