Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) No Skins Packs? (Read 25733 times)
Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

No Skins Packs?
Sep 17th, 2015 at 5:38am
Print Post Print Post  
I was looking for a skins pack for AvP2 and for the life of me, I can't find one. The other "Any Skins Pack?" topic has a response that links to AVP2files.com (which no longer exists) and AVPNation.com, which has a map pack, mod manager, links to AVPUnknown, and the MSP, but no skins pack. KingKenny's Skins site has some (I presume his creations), x-N-x's files contain his, but...am I missing something? Has no one made a skins pack á la my AvP1 skins pack? GameFront has hundreds; I could presumably make one like I did for AvP2 but I don't want to waste my time. Does such a thing need to be done or will they be uploaded in a pack/site soon?

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: No Skins Packs?
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:06am
Print Post Print Post  
Not sure what your asking here man lol

My work is located here

http://www.avpunknown.com/xmxdownloads.htm

(only made 2 skin packs...)  or 3? if you include weapons lol

Kenny's work is here

http://avpunknown.com/kingskins/ (on the right of his site) 'Files'

AvP Nation host 1 skin (which states it is the very first skin of avp2)

for other avp2 skin packs (we have them hosted i could give you a lot of links if you wish (i need to make a site for that....

AvP Unknown has the entire custom content collection (15 yrs worth) of files (thanks to kenny lol..) Which is on this site/Host)

You would be best create an avpclassic site that hosts the entire collection of custom content for AvP 99/Classic

would be awesome.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:08am by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:06am:
Not sure what your asking here man lol

My universal skins pack contains as many skins released for the game as possible in one .zip file. As such, it's currently at 304 skins and will be updated soon to include more. I'm asking if anyone's ever made an all-encompassing collection of skins for AvP2. I realise that that's not how things were done in the old days. It used to be that someone would host each skin one at a time with a little blurb and screenshot. However, since avp2files.com has ended, the only source that lists all the skins is gamefront.

Your and KingKenny's skins aren't the kinds of "packs" I mean. I'm talking a pack that has 300 alien skins, 700 marine skins, etc. I know there exists that much content around. I'm asking if anyone's compiled them into a single collection. I take it the answer is 'no.'

x-M-x wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:06am:
You would be best create an avpclassic site that hosts the entire collection of custom content for AvP 99/Classic

would be awesome.

I don't see the value in listing each and every one individually. I can upload the entire Skins Pack, but giving a separate listing for all 300 with Preview pictures and a Download link is kind of absurd for AvP Classic, which has a microscopic player base, most of whom haven't even heard of AvPUnknown because this site mostly deals with AvP2. :/

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
I take it the answer is 'no.'

Yup, never seen it done before every custom skin packed into one zip? (gamefront doesn't have everything though

Olde wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
I don't see the value in listing each and every one individually. I can upload the entire Skins Pack, but giving a separate listing for all 300 with Preview pictures and a Download link is kind of absurd for AvP Classic, which has a microscopic player base, most of whom haven't even heard of AvPUnknown because this site mostly deals with AvP2. :/

True... i try to get more info for AVP classic, im sure you can help etc.

The sites main focus is not just for avp2 but it does have a lot of avp stuff on it (i admit that)

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Sep 17th, 2015 at 5:38am:
I was looking for a skins pack for AvP2 and for the life of me, I can't find one. The other "Any Skins Pack?" topic has a response that links to AVP2files.com (which no longer exists) and AVPNation.com, which has a map pack, mod manager, links to AVPUnknown, and the MSP, but no skins pack. KingKenny's Skins site has some (I presume his creations), x-N-x's files contain his, but...am I missing something? Has no one made a skins pack á la my AvP1 skins pack? GameFront has hundreds; I could presumably make one like I did for AvP2 but I don't want to waste my time. Does such a thing need to be done or will they be uploaded in a pack/site soon?

Everything on my site is my own creation, lol.

Lots of skin packs exists for say, all marines, all aliens, etc.

But a UMP style pack for skins do not.

Other download sites you can check out:

http://www.fileplanet.com/31008/0/section/Aliens-vs.-Predator-2

http://www.gamewatcher.com/games/aliens-vs-predator-2/mods - newest download there is a rip mod though. Rest are legit.

http://www.gamewatcher.com/games/aliens-vs-predator-2-primal-hunt/mods

http://www.lonebullet.com/games/aliens-vs-predator-2-6605.htm

http://www.lonebullet.com/games/aliens-vs-predator-2-primal-hunt-9513.htm

By the way, Gamefront is basically the same thing as AvP2files. When a file was uploaded to avp2files it went onto Gamefront (formerly FileFront) as well.

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 4:03am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks very much! Is there a need for a UMP style pack for skins or do you think that's just unnecessary?

Quote:

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 5:52am
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 4:03am:
Thanks very much! Is there a need for a UMP style pack for skins or do you think that's just unnecessary?

Unnecessary. Maps can be loaded up all at once; skins can't.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
USP? (Ultimate Skin Pack?)

hmmmm

Not sure on that, as kenny said that's the difference with maps and skins.

maps load them all at once 'skins you cannot'

IP Logged

YautjaNation
Young Blooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 1:23am
Print Post Print Post  
Is there a way that i can edit the source code of avp2 for the Colors of the Visions for the Predator? Plz give me a tutorial!

IP Logged

Apollo
Spawnkiller

Global AvP Webmaster

Reply #9 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post Print Post  
I do like the idea of a USP. It could organize them perfectly allowing us to be able to archive a lot of work a little easier. You could always just pull out the rez files from the zip and apply them later.

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #10 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:00am
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Sep 19th, 2015 at 5:52am:
Unnecessary. Maps can be loaded up all at once; skins can't.

The same thing is true for AVP Classic but that didn't stop me from making a USP for that game.

The point is, if I want to browse skins for AvP2, and I mean ALL skins, where would I go? Probably GameFront, but that wouldn't give me screenshots unless I downloaded them all individually, which would take hours.

The objective of making an AvP2 USP would be to have one folder for all the skins that people could download and then browse through. You obviously wouldn't "install" them all at the same time as there's no point in having multiple skins applied to the same species.

Quote:

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #11 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:52am
Print Post Print Post  
but you would need to find every skin and get a screenshot for everyone though.

if your ok with that  Wink

Various sites have skins but a lot of them don't have 'preview' pictures which kinda sucks and damn right lazy by the authors if ya ask me lol.

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 11:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Naturally it would have to be a collective effort. I'm not nearly invested enough in AvP2 as it is to do such a project solo. I don't have any of the game's skins applied and don't really care to do so. However, if there were an easy way to make such a pack by making it a file-sharing type of project, where multiple people could add what they found, I can see it being done with the collective efforts of invested individuals.

Quote:

IP Logged

YautjaNation
Young Blooded

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 9:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi back again!

Listen. In the AJL R3 Rez file, there's a Cshell.dll file that is has Modded Visions like Warrior's and Striker's Red and Green Visions. How can i Mod the Cshell.dll so i can edit the Vision mode Colors for Heat and Electro. Can anyone Help me edit the Cshell.dll or Give me a Mod that has green and Red Vision modes. Please HELP! Sad

IP Logged

Olde
AvP Classic Support

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #14 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:40am
Print Post Print Post  
YautjaNation wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Listen. In the AJL R3 Rez file, there's a Cshell.dll file that is has Modded Visions like Warrior's and Striker's Red and Green Visions. How can i Mod the Cshell.dll so i can edit the Vision mode Colors for Heat and Electro. Can anyone Help me edit the Cshell.dll or Give me a Mod that has green and Red Vision modes. Please HELP! Sad

Are you talking about this?
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 1:38am by Olde »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print