Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Cancer Black Mod (Read 10328 times)
Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Cancer Black Mod
Oct 1st, 2015 at 12:20am
Print Post Print Post  
This thread is for the hugely extensive total conversion mod for AVP Gold Edition, Cancer Black. The mod was conceived in 1999 and started picking up steam in 2000 and 2001. Eventually it was released in various beta versions for testing in 2003. In late 2004 it was scrapped. However, I've uploaded the latest release to ModDB, which is still playable (multiplayer functionality works as well).

The mod is essentially like a cross between AvP1 and AvP2. The gameplay is much slower than AvP1 and it introduces classes, more weapons, and a more team-based approach in regard to multiplayer. It also had a life-cycle mode for aliens and sported new weapons for the marine and predator, several of which came from AvP2 (i.e. the netgun, combistick, and shotgun). However, the game used the AvP Gold engine, which featured much more realistic dynamic lighting and particle effects. All in all, it had the potential to be a great sort of AvP 1.5.

I have a video of the mod, which showcases a bit of what the mod could have been for the predator. I may make more videos showing a bit of alien and predator gameplay, but that's really low on my priority list. On the other hand, if anyone has Gold Edition and is willing to try the mod with me, hit me up.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/games/aliens-vs-predator/downloads/cancer-black-mod

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5MoFfilS6Y

Single-Player Campaign by ShaolinYautja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKWHdVdn7lk&list=PL54B3E9AB6E616EAC
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:14am by Olde »  

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

Lucifer wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 9:54am:
go to fuck your self olde!

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Cancer Black Mod
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:20am
Print Post Print Post  
Hmmm, i heard about a 'cancer black mod' back in 2002, same people same mod Olde? or this totally different?

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 2:35am
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:20am:
Hmmm, i heard about a 'cancer black mod' back in 2002, same people same mod Olde? or this totally different?

That's totally the same people. The AMP Team was working pretty rigorously on it between 2001-2003. There was quite a lot of buzz about it on AVP News and PlanetAVP. Unfortunately for reasons unknown to me, things fell through in late 2004. Life probably caught up with them.

Quote:
I insult you because of the asshole and scum that you prove us all to be.  - En Sabah Nur on TBBC Forums

IP Logged

Apollo
Spawnkiller

Global AvP Webmaster

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:44am
Print Post Print Post  
I remember Cancer Black. I think what eventually happened was that quality mods started to appear on AvP2 (primarily AxP and perhaps Projam at beta state). This made it hard for AvP Gold mods to compete at the time. Circa 2004 was a strange time for the AvP community too.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Olde wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 2:35am:
x-M-x wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:20am:

That's totally the same people. The AMP Team was working pretty rigorously on it between 2001-2003. There was quite a lot of buzz about it on AVP News and PlanetAVP. Unfortunately for reasons unknown to me, things fell through in late 2004. Life probably caught up with them.

Christ, they go wayyyy back... i remember them! it was all over avpnation/avpnews/planetavp etc back in the day.

IP Logged

Olde
Forum Moderator

I'm the Walkin' Dude

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 9:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Since I got the fix for AVP Gold, the Cancer Black mod works too. You need Gold Edition installed with the dgvoodoo fix but Cancer Black is not only playable, but MP supported too.

Link: http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/mods/cancer_black.zip

Quote:

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Nice!

I need to start posting news about the avp99/classic files more often! your posting loads man!

keep at it fella!

Wink

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 2:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
mmm Cancer Black Mod

i never played this mod

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 8:33am
Print Post Print Post  
Yea Lu, you should try it, (finally great to see cancer black mod on the ftp)

Thanks for the upload Olde!

IP Logged