Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Normal Topic Primal Hunt Save Game Location & Widescreen (Read 4362 times)
EagleLeader
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Primal Hunt Save Game Location & Widescreen
Oct 9th, 2022 at 7:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

Thanks to your guy's All In One EXE I was finally able to play the expansion pack since I'd only ever owned the original game back in the day. My issue is that now that Ive completed Primal Hunt campaigns I would like to back up my save games but I can't find them.

I can find AvP2 savegames but they're not in the equivalent Primal Hunt folders. Am I missing something?

Also I've installed the widescreen fixes for both multiplayer server packs & see 16:9 option but when I choose it nothing changes after enabling & backing out. Tried different resolutions too.

Much Appreciated!

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Re: Primal Hunt Save Game Location & Widescreen
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2022 at 7:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello & Welcome,

There should be a file called "save" in the primal hunt folder (that's what it says for me)

Did you install the Primal Hunt Master Server Patch 1.1?

It makes the game work on modern systems and brings back the multiplayer servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgRbjlEKCpc&list

^^ that shows the ph menu with PH MSP 1.0 (but we're now at 1.1)

You can download it here.

https://avpunknown.com/avp2master

When you say "widescreen patch" that's not needed as the master server patch comes with tons of fixes + widescreen support.

If you're a member of the community, official discord? Then ask in the tech-support channel for any support you need, as many others might help you there (that's where everyone is)

If not a member? Then the link for the Discord is 

https://discord.com/invite/esPD62d

Cheers
x-M-x

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2022 at 7:17pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

EagleLeader
Spawnkiller

AVP Rules!!!

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2022 at 12:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the quick reply x-M-x.

Just double checked the following path and even sorted alphabetically but no file named 'Save', weird since I saved multiple times and loaded saves multiple times. So it's clearly loading from somewhere. Unless there's some free Cloud Save service lol.

Windows (C:) >Program Files (x86) > Aliens versus Predator 2 - Primal Hunt

My mistake on saying widescreen fixes, I meant both Master Service Patches and can confirm menu screens for both original & expansion say Master Server Patch v.1.1.

I'll try the Discord server as well.

Thanks.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2022 at 4:41am
Print Post Print Post  
EagleLeader wrote on Oct 10th, 2022 at 12:54am:
Thanks for the quick reply x-M-x.

Just double checked the following path and even sorted alphabetically but no file named 'Save', weird since I saved multiple times and loaded saves multiple times. So it's clearly loading from somewhere. Unless there's some free Cloud Save service lol.

Windows (C:) >Program Files (x86) > Aliens versus Predator 2 - Primal Hunt

My mistake on saying widescreen fixes, I meant both Master Service Patches and can confirm menu screens for both original & expansion say Master Server Patch v.1.1.

I'll try the Discord server as well.

Thanks.

In case there is some confusion, the save files are in the "Save" subfolder.

Windows (C:) >Program Files (x86) > Fox > Aliens versus Predator 2 - Primal Hunt > Save

In the save folder, there will me multiple folders corresponding to all your profiles. Each profile has it's own saves tied to it. If you delete one of your player profiles in game, the saves get deleted too.

IP Logged