Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  (UTC)
AvP Unknown
News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UMP3 input needed (Read 128844 times)
KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Re: UMP3 input needed
Reply #15 - Feb 15th, 2015 at 4:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
x-M-x wrote on Feb 15th, 2015 at 2:57pm:
Acid wrote on Feb 14th, 2015 at 3:27pm:
There million of maps in UMP2

00 needs to grab UMP2 + Update 1-6 and HHO 2010 packs JP's StorageYard and whatever other maps HHO or any other mappers have made but not yet released... and slap it all in one 'Folder' and i can promise you that it would be the better option and people will just need to download 1 file from now on no update files etc.

Would be easy for everyone (that's my opinion)

~ Peace

x-M-x

Yup see. I totally forgot about HHO 2010 map pack. I also thought there were 5 updates to UMP2, not 6. I don't even know if I have all 6 updates because I might of forgot to grab each one.

This is what I think would work best.

Download 1:
UMP3 FULL: UMP2 + Updates 1-6 + HHO 2010 pack + any other maps released since the last update (that might be like 10 maps?)

Download 2:
Best of UMP3 aka UMP3 Lite: The top 50 or 100 maps from UMP3. (50 might be to low imo because they're are a lot of good ones).

Then when the MS patch updates (hopefully), put three download links.

Download 1: (Required for online play - Lacks custom maps)
Master Server Patch 2.X For AvP2

Download 2: (RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - BEST VERSION)
Master Server Patch 2.X For AvP2 + Bundled Best of UMP3/UMP3 Lite

Download 3: (Optional Download - Every AvP2 Map every released)
UMP3 FULL

One download without custom maps at all for those who want to avoid custom maps because not everyone wants them.

Then those that are running their servers can put in the server title UMP3 Lite or UMP3 FULL letting the players know what maps the server is running.

It's very straightforward and easy this way.

I'd recommend if a UMP3 Lite was made, people get to vote their favorite maps in as well.

IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
There are thousands of possible ways to create UMP3(best maps,all,UMP2+updates.....),but still big part of players dont play custom maps.No matter how much good map maker is they cant make map playable as original Monolith concept of maps.With UMP2 there was big problem with bugs,lag and alien proof places(doors and other stuff) and some maps dont are stupid and waste of my HDD.So UMP3 should be just BEST MAPS that are 100% clean of bugs,without lags and some places that limits races.I have idea about making(re-building)avp2 original maps(e.g. like some second version of quarantine,compound,leadworks....)but I am a bit lazy and not good map maker,also I think people would like it.

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 3:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only thing is that the idea of the UMP is that it contained every map.

When you just put some of the best maps, its no longer UMP. It becomes just a map pack.

What made it ULTIMATE is that it was the map pack of map packs. It had EVERYTHING. So if you really just want a best maps map pack. It doesn't necessarily need to fly under the ULTIMATE map pack name.

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #18 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 4:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Acid wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 2:55pm:
There are thousands of possible ways to create UMP3(best maps,all,UMP2+updates.....),but still big part of players dont play custom maps.No matter how much good map maker is they cant make map playable as original Monolith concept of maps.With UMP2 there was big problem with bugs,lag and alien proof places(doors and other stuff) and some maps dont are stupid and waste of my HDD.So UMP3 should be just BEST MAPS that are 100% clean of bugs,without lags and some places that limits races.I have idea about making(re-building)avp2 original maps(e.g. like some second version of quarantine,compound,leadworks....)but I am a bit lazy and not good map maker,also I think people would like it.

Then don't bother to waste your 'HDD SPACE' then... you don't have to download it! but i can promise you... if UMP2 + all of its updates was in 1 pack call it UMP3 it would be much easier for everyone and would help this community.... you also said 00 shouldn't waste his life making it? why not? i don't see an issue... it would help this community and people will only just have to download 1 pack from now on.... not a pack then update 1-6 then 2010 pack and another pack and SuK's pack... having everything in one folder would benefit a lot of us here.... and hosting it would be no problem.

Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean others will not download it... then again if he makes it you might change your mind and download it? lol

Also Kingkenny has contacted all known avp2 mappers!! seeing if they have new maps in the works or unreleased ones... and HHO (another veteran mapper) might have some too! and JP's map will be added to it.

-------------------------

KingKenny wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 3:25pm:

When you just put some of the best maps, its no longer UMP. It becomes just a map pack.

What made it ULTIMATE is that it was the map pack of map packs. It had EVERYTHING. So if you really just want a best maps map pack. It doesn't necessarily need to fly under the ULTIMATE map pack name.

EXACTLY.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2015 at 4:45pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #19 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 5:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lets not forget singleplayer maps.

IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #20 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 6:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Still think that some custom maps should be added to the patch, simply because of server hosting issues. If maps are only available on a UMP then they can only be hosted in a UMP server, and those servers dont come even close to the popularity of TDM for example.
Can you imagine hosting some custom maps in survivor or tdm like hadley's and having more than half of the people getting disconnected because they didnt bother to download? And since 90% wont even bother downloading that will be the most likely scenario.

Most games now auto-update and add new content with each patch, i dont see a reason not to do the same with avp. Just look at korari, waterstation and pod, these where great additions and they are quite popular on survivor all maps, so if someone comes up with a well designed, well balanced and fun map, why not unclude it in the patch so everyone can enjoy it with everyone else?

suk_stronghold, industry, toxic_feud
This  are maps that should be part of everyone's game

Regarding the UMP3

the "light" version should have all maps currently beeing hosted by both of the UMP maps servers so people dont get disconnected even if they didnt download UMP2 previously
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2015 at 6:02pm by JP »  

IP Logged

Spawnkiller

UMP Creator~

Reply #21 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks KingKenny for posting news of this topic.  Getting some good feedback so far.

I take it it's a no for a top 50 pack?
I don't like the idea of having two versions of UMP3 (Light and Full) because not only is it more work, but it's just going to be more complicated for people.
No one has put in any feedback regarding how big the file size should be.  UMP3 would probably be around 1.5 gb download, that's just off the top of my head  Cheesy

One thing I think we can all agree on is there is a bunch of maps in UMP2 that can be deleted (bugged, errors, bad lay out, to big, older versions, etc.)
In fact I deleted out just as many maps out of UMP1 that I added new maps to UMP2 and no one seemed to mind with that.  So I'm thinking to do the same thing for UMP3?

With that said, I will start making a list of what maps can be deleted out of UMP2.4 (updates 1 - 4) .  I'll post the list so you guys can tell me what you think. But I will need time to do that.  You guys can feel free to make your own list and I'll take any help I can get.  Smiley

Oh and is it possible to upload text documents (txt files) to this forum?  Or is it easier to upload them somewhere else and just link to it?
All my map lists are in text documents  Tongue

DoubleZero

IP Logged

Acid
Unblooded

How did I get here??

Reply #22 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Print Post Print Post  

ULTIMATE=ALL.Big no.Then UMP should be called AMP(all maps pack).ULTIMATE=BEST.People really shouldnt waste their time downloading some crap map for internet just because maybe,maybe that map will be on server and they will be disconnected.

x-M-x wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 4:29pm:
Then don't bother to waste your 'HDD SPACE' then... you don't have to download it! but i can promise you... if UMP2 + all of its updates was in 1 pack call it UMP3 it would be much easier for everyone and would help this community.... you also said 00 shouldn't waste his life making it? why not? i don't see an issue... it would help this community and people will only just have to download 1 pack from now on.... not a pack then update 1-6 then 2010 pack and another pack and SuK's pack... having everything in one folder would benefit a lot of us here.... and hosting it would be no problem.

Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean others will not download it... then again if he makes it you might change your mind and download it? lol

Also Kingkenny has contacted all known avp2 mappers!! seeing if they have new maps in the works or unreleased ones... and HHO (another veteran mapper) might have some too! and JP's map will be added to it.

You didnt get me,did you?I said that 00 will waste time because there is 90 maybe less active players and that only 30% of them WILL download new UMP.That is my opinion based on my experience.I still play this game and I know who is active player and who is not.And based on thing I see right now game have even less and less players.UMP3 lifted a lot of dust here!
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2015 at 8:30pm by Acid »  

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #23 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 9:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
KingKenny wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 5:49pm:

Indeed.

JP wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 6:00pm:
Still think that some custom maps should be added to the patch, simply because of server hosting issues.

Totally understand why you would want more n more... but still adding more n more it'a gonna be ridiculous you know... (we'll see in future)

JP wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 6:00pm:
Most games now auto-update and add new content with each patch, i dont see a reason not to do the same with avp.

Yea, but that's why we have 'UMP' or any other mappacks out there.

00 wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 6:50pm:
I don't like the idea of having two versions of UMP3 (Light and Full) because not only is it more work, but it's just going to be more complicated for people. 

Two Versions will be bad i think.

Either get UMP2+ updayte 1 to 6 HHO Pack 2010 and Imp Hunter's new maps and JP's new map with some SP maps.... your UMP2 lacks a lot of SP maps btw... it doesn't even have FEAR 3 or Island of the dead Timebomb etc.. SP maps are just as IMPORTANT (REPLAY VALUE) if you have difficult time to get them! I'm sure kingkenny will help you.

With that said, I will start making a list of what maps can be deleted out of UMP2.4 (updates 1 - 4) .  I'll post the list so you guys can tell me what you think. But I will need time to do that.  You guys can feel free to make your own list and I'll take any help I can get.  

Update 1-4? we have 6 updates now. in case you didn't know? if you want the required files please get them here.

http://umpparty.stargatebase.net/downloads.php

Oh and is it possible to upload text documents (txt files) to this forum?  Or is it easier to upload them somewhere else and just link to it?
All my map lists are in text documents  

Email me the document.

Acid wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 8:29pm:
You didnt get me,did you?I said that 00 will waste time because there is 90 maybe less active players and that only 30% of them WILL download new UMP.That is my opinion based on my experience.I still play this game and I know who is active player and who is not.And based on thing I see right now game have even less and less players.UMP3 lifted a lot of dust here!

90? 100 200? 20? lol... why does it matter... you'll be surprise how many people have downloaded the master server patch... and 00 wouldn't be wasting his time to help the community.

UMP2 with all it's updates etc... anyone 'new to this game' will have to download them all... but they could easily just grab 'one file'

(example some new people on this forum have signed up asking what is ump where do i get it..) even now in 2015? - That's amazing.... UMP3 is long overdue. (by years)

x-M-x
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2015 at 9:29pm by x-M-x »  
IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #24 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 9:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks KingKenny for posting news of this topic.  Getting some good feedback so far.

No one has put in any feedback regarding how big the file size should be.  UMP3 would probably be around 1.5 gb download, that's just off the top of my head  Cheesy

One thing I think we can all agree on is there is a bunch of maps in UMP2 that can be deleted (bugged, errors, bad lay out, to big, older versions, etc.)
In fact I deleted out just as many maps out of UMP1 that I added new maps to UMP2 and no one seemed to mind with that.  So I'm thinking to do the same thing for UMP3?

With that said, I will start making a list of what maps can be deleted out of UMP2.4 (updates 1 - 4) .  I'll post the list so you guys can tell me what you think. But I will need time to do that.  You guys can feel free to make your own list and I'll take any help I can get.  Smiley

All my map lists are in text documents  Tongue

DoubleZero

File size really isn't an issue for me personally. Nor is it for hosting the download here.

I'm all for throwing out buggy maps, maps that are barely working and replacing older versions of a map with the latest updated version.

I just don't like the idea of cutting out 90% of the maps to save only the best ones. There are a lot of good maps that are still a lot of fun, even if they aren't the best.

Acid wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 8:29pm:

ULTIMATE=ALL.Big no.Then UMP should be called AMP(all maps pack).ULTIMATE=BEST.People really shouldnt waste their time downloading some crap map for internet just because maybe,maybe that map will be on server and they will be disconnected.

This is straight from UMP2 readme.

Quote:
"Ultimate Mappack 2" contains almost every custom map made for "Aliens vs. Predator 2", from the
birth of "Aliens vs, Predator 2" to mid April 2006.

As you can see UMP tried to contain nearly every map. It wasn't just the best.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2015 at 10:00pm by KingKenny »  

IP Logged

Spawnkiller

UMP Creator~

Reply #25 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post Print Post  

At the moment SP maps are not a priority and I'm thinking it might be better to put them in a separate pack.  Worry about that later.

x-M-x wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 9:27pm:
Update 1-4? we have 6 updates now. in case you didn't know? if you want the required files please get them here.

UMP2.4 is what I was going to base UMP3 off of.  That's what all my notes and files I have are based off of, it would be easiest for me to start from there.  And it's easier to add maps than to delete them.  I can start adding all the new maps once the bad ones are gone(Gotta start somewhere)

KingKenny wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 9:45pm:
This is straight from UMP2 readme. Quote:"Ultimate Mappack 2" contains almost every custom map made for "Aliens vs. Predator 2", from thebirth of "Aliens vs, Predator 2" to mid April 2006. As you can see UMP tried to contain nearly every map. It wasn't just the best. 

If you only knew how many maps didn't make it into UMP2 Grin

I just don't like the idea of cutting out 90% of the maps to save only the best ones. There are a lot of good maps that are still a lot of fun, even if they aren't the best.

I agree on this there are a lot of maps that are not very good but are very fun to play.  But there are maps with bugs, errors and older versions that just need to be removed.  Even big maps have been a problem, even back when I was making UMP2.  Most custom map servers typically have less than 6 players on them at any one time.  Have you ever played 1on1 on a large map with someone? I have it's not fun.  You spend over half the time just trying to find them.

At this point I am siding with Acid; I probably will be wasting my time, but this was my all time favorite game so if I do an UMP3 this is the least I can do for the game I love.  But, I don't want to make a pack with bad maps because that would be the biggest waste of my time.

I forgot to tell you guys....I have about 12 days left of premium time on my current favorite game which I paid good money for so that's going to be getting most of my attention.   Hopefully by then if we can agree on what we'd like to see in a new pack, then I can get started  Cheesy 

DoubleZero

IP Logged

KingKenny
Global Moderator

Hail to the king, baby!

Reply #26 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 12:07am
Print Post Print Post  
00 wrote on Feb 16th, 2015 at 11:59pm:

This is straight from UMP2 readme. Quote:"Ultimate Mappack 2" contains almost every custom map made for "Aliens vs. Predator 2", from thebirth of "Aliens vs, Predator 2" to mid April 2006. As you can see UMP tried to contain nearly every map. It wasn't just the best. 

If you only knew how many maps didn't make it into UMP2 Grin

Yeah it was like 100. But those were REALLY bad maps. But I'm just saying, UMP2 alone had A LOT. I'd hate to see it get cut in half or so.

With UMP2 alone, there were maybe 10% that were pretty crappy. The ones I found the worst were the bw maps. They were terrible.

The maps that came bundled in the 6 updates were for the most part very good. The quality got a lot better from then on.

IP Logged

JP
Spawnkiller

pro Spawn Killer

Reply #27 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 3:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Lucifer you arent making any sense..
The primal hunt maps are comparable to an average custom map at best (poor gameplay, poor design, dont even have ambient sounds)

So here is my opinion on how the future map set should be:

AVP2 + 1.0.9.6 patch : all original maps + mp map update

MS patch : fully optimized custom maps on both gameplay, fps and design (only a handfull). Evac mode on avp is highly neglected on maps since most evac maps are just redesigned dm ones and they are lacking objective and team orientated gameplay. Alley is the only thing that comes close but its still not good enough for a good evac game.

suk_stronghold, toxic_feud, evac_industry

UMP3 : at least all maps that are in this list for server hosting purposes : http://umpparty.stargatebase.net/maps.php
But better would be UMP2 + all updates + all new maps after UMP2 that we can find.
All  unplayable/unfinnished maps should be left out.

So the requirements to play would be:

DM/TDM/Survivor/Evac/Overrun/Domination/CTF : ONLY latest MS patch + 1.0.9.6 update

[F4]/[TBBC] UMP servers : UMP3 / UMP2 + all updates

IP Logged

Lucifer
Warriors

Ego te absolvo Hell Rules!

Reply #28 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 3:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
no JP not you understand me , i try to explain again ps sorry for my bad English
i tell about would help to stabilize the game and to avoid incompatibility issues or different resources.
I also draw your attention to the fact that in the setup of the dlc have already inside mp1 and sp1 and some dlc mpas .
addionally  is not possible to install if you do not have the main game version 1.0.9.6 en.
I speak of the problem of compatibility of language for games installed in a language other than English.
idea to make the master server lighter and more efficient new mappack.
manage to leave the game and  expansion both single-player and multiplayer maps i allude to originals maps Only (including single player, multiplayer & dlc maps)
remove all maps from sms 2.0 (for make more lite)
remove all copies of standard maps incluse dlc maps from ump2 (for fix and make more lite and easy to dowload)
use a more updated and compact version ump3 in a single cumulative rez .(more easy for install and use)
manage to leave the main game and dlc both single-player and multiplayer standard maps including maps dlc.
use the new ump3 as a minimod for manage all maps outside of the original ones.
(for make more stable and compatible)
I hope you understand me now

« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2015 at 6:40pm by Lucifer »  

"Are you the devil? Perhaps abuse your position. Or dominate and control others instead of dominating yourself. Or bring illusions and hide the truth. Recognize your demonic side if you want to succeed in transcending it. "

IP Logged

x-M-x
Administrator

'Defiance'

Reply #29 - Feb 17th, 2015 at 10:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
(Headache)

Master Server Patch will be it's 'own download' any future mappacks i.e (UMP3) will be separate (trust me that's better)

MS Patch (just to get the game online)

UMP3 (Get all the latest custom maps for your beautiful AVP2)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print